DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Interest rate rises

TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere
15 hours ago, sancho panza said:

BoE will be forced to raise whne it least wants to ..

I'm not sure they'll be forced, more, they've agreed to. 

14 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Anyone who thinks BoE will raise rates by even a 1/4 of a per cent is living in a fantasy world.

It might happen when the C@@@ leaves his job, but i heard he likes the UK and kids are looking for an oxbridge education, why leave a good thing?

That what the trolls on TOS kept saying, then kept saying again...

Democorruptcy
25 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I said the UK will have to follow, which they will, they have done all they can to avoid it.  I'm surprised they've not moved sooner but I called the 2 UK rises correctly. I'm not 100% convinced by january but that's what my man in the know tells me. 

The fed said this week they will keep raising. The ECb have stopped their qr crime spree and will also follow.

Don't blame me for their criminality or your impatience.

When they follow raise, it will be too late for you to have been right about it, you yourself say they have done all they can to avoid it but that's the point, they have avoided it for over 3 years. Ignoring 8 misses but now claiming you were right is bordering on stopped clock syndrome. I'm not blaming you, I had hoped for the same thing but I underestimated their thievery. I suppose to be fair the timing of the Brexit vote didn't help because it gave them the excuse they needed not to raise. Two things we can agree on are that they are criminals and I'm impatient.

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm not sure they'll be forced, more, they've agreed to. 

That what the trolls on TOS kept saying, then kept saying again...

You are one of the biggest trolls on both sides; to claim that you called the last two rate rises and the FED raise. Especially when you claim that they are going up at pretty much every single BOE base rate announcement, it's rather absurd. I'm not stalking you b.t.w., I just find your whole forum ‘raison d'etre’ (and apparent lack of grip on facts + reality), utterly bizarre. We may have one or two token rises in the next year or two, but then it'll be rate cuts if Brexit takes a toll.

Where is your evidence by the way, that your move to France etc isn't (in your prior words) ‘made up shit’. I provided photos of the actual site I was covering when you denounced my insider info from one of the biggest house builders in the country, and by the way, sales are apparently about 15% down y-o-y for the home counties now.

1 hour ago, maffo said:

but then it'll be rate cuts if Brexit takes a toll.

You seriously suggesting  itll be Brexit at fault for rate cuts?

Nothing to do with having an economy reliant of ever lower levels of borrowing to sustain insane house prices .. and the absurd levels of debt in the country.

If interest rates go up or down imho  its due to the cluster fuck the Tory party  and Mark Carney have made of the cluster fuck economy they inherited ... all imho of course.

TheCountOfNowhere
4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

When they follow raise, it will be too late for you to have been right about it, you yourself say they have done all they can to avoid it but that's the point, they have avoided it for over 3 years. Ignoring 8 misses but now claiming you were right is bordering on stopped clock syndrome. I'm not blaming you, I had hoped for the same thing but I underestimated their thievery. I suppose to be fair the timing of the Brexit vote didn't help because it gave them the excuse they needed not to raise. Two things we can agree on are that they are criminals and I'm impatient.

Dunno why you are having a go at me. Go on Tos, I specifically called the last two UK rises, totally against the general opinion, I'd personally expected them to raise well before that so can't take much credit for it, someone in the city gave me the nod and I passed on the good news.

People were in denial even after I called it, then the second time they became rate increase deniers and started saying rates either hadnt really risen much above 0.5% or they won't rise any further, totally bizzare behavior. It was at that point I gave up.

Rates are rising, the boe will eventually have to follow.

Its a mess, make no mistake.

14 minutes ago, Durabo said:

It's a shame we can't set reminders on here. This thread will be interesting in a month or so. You are calling a Jan rise Count?

I cant help but think its bordering on the impossible, being that the next meeting in Feb 7 2019, but let him have that date.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2018/september/monetary-policy-committee-dates-for-2019

1 hour ago, Band said:

You seriously suggesting  itll be Brexit at fault for rate cuts?

Not entirely, no, I agree regarding the debt levels - both private and government. But we'll see about the effect of Brexit on GDP etc over the coming few years, there'll be a lot more debt added to the pile if things go south.

53 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

People were in denial even after I called it, then the second time they became rate increase deniers and started saying rates either hadnt really risen much above 0.5% or they won't rise any further, totally bizzare behavior. It was at that point I gave up.

UK rate is 0.75%, that's not much about 0.50%. So what they were saying is 100% correct, so far.

I'd be amazed if they hit 2% over the course of a decade.

43 minutes ago, Durabo said:

F47c8q8.jpg

That's hilarious. Is this what your little bird looks like Count? I wouldn't listen to him if I was you

His insider in "The City" has tipped him off that the next interest rate rise will be in January, despite the BoE's next meeting not convening until February - that is some hot shit info, for sure...

Utter c*unt.

TheCountOfNowhere
57 minutes ago, Durabo said:

F47c8q8.jpg

That's hilarious. Is this what your little bird looks like Count? I wouldn't listen to him if I was you

Don't worry I've got a thick skin, and its comical to see people on my blocked list replying on TOS or here, someone hates me, because I was wrong and they were right, which means they must be crazy fuckers.

Ironically had it not been for brexit i think IRs would be 2% now.

My friend reasons that TPTB would like to get to April/May time when Mays banker Brexit will have been pushed through but a small raise now might get people rushing to support May.

They are playing us all.

I gave up worrying about these evil ####s a while ago. They really will not do what's right/fair, they're happy to see people at soup kitchens(food banks) and sleeping on the streets so they have no common decency or empathy, psychopaths perhaps.

So what is your predicted rate raise timeline, exactly? And for what reasons will they rise? I'm intrigued as I've only recently started learning more about the economy and I'm always eager to hear more educated opinions.

I graduated in 07 so through my entire adult life I've literally earned peanuts in interest. I realised this when I saw that my Help to Buy ISA was make 2.25% interest - the highest rate I've ever received.

I'm desperate for the rises!

TheCountOfNowhere
Just now, Durabo said:

So what is your predicted rate raise timeline, exactly? I'm intrigued. I'm desperate for the rises!

I wish I knew. 

When does Carney leave?

10 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Another day another Dow Jones Crash !

There was a lot of people expecting the fed to annouce they were reigning it in.

Wishful thinking.

If they dont raise the $ will be worthless.

Think on.

14 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Another day another Dow Jones Crash !

Nope.

Just a bit of air escaping from a bubble.

Stock markets only crash when they are grossly inflated.

This is just sroting out the correct price,.

We are in wierd times.

The Fed has took the lead in unfucking up the gormless central bank/economist fuckup of QE/ZIRP.

Markets dont work when money is mispriced.

The biggy at the mo is China. Its fucking huge.

Chinas has exported price deflation toi he west for almsot 20 years - flooding the markets with shit mainly, at stupid state subbed prices.

Chinese labour is not longer cheap. And the china producers, in the main, have not sorted out quality.

The BoC has satted its moving to accommodation of rates - the economy is so fucked now that the BoC needs to real all it al back in. Good luck without causing a revolution.

As China jsutyt abuses the the supply side of the global economy, rather than adding much i nteh way of demand - imports to exports  are insane. The world is going to see China exports drop, causing demand to go unsatisfied, pushing up prices inthe developed world.

From what I am seeing the labour market looks very hot. It Appears to be many employers are struggling to recruit to skilled roles. Though Even at the bottom end seeing vacancies in windows though no end of people out and about in the towns. I assume it’s the tax credit system causing portions of the workforce to deskill / leave work. Can’t blame them really as the tax system is a mess but hey jump on the wage increase bandwagon.

reformed nice guy

Could a hot labour market but lots of people milling around the streets be an early sign of increasing automation?

High skill people maintain, low skill people unwanted?

1 hour ago, Ash4781b said:

From what I am seeing the labour market looks very hot. It Appears to be many employers are struggling to recruit to skilled roles. Though Even at the bottom end seeing vacancies in windows though no end of people out and about in the towns. I assume it’s the tax credit system causing portions of the workforce to deskill / leave work. Can’t blame them really as the tax system is a mess but hey jump on the wage increase bandwagon.

UK or US?

US is red hot.

Youve lots coming back from China.

And youve had Opiods take out a huge number. Despite what people think the US state pension is gnerous and if you scam it onto disabiolity then you can live comfotably. A lot of 55+ USers have quit work. And the nature of work has changed.

UK is more interesting. Your choice of employee is a tax creditor workign parttime, r someone very expensive.

Ass Ive been pointing out for a good 18 months - if you are inthe South and you are tying to recruit a software person then you need to paying 80-100k. There is not choice.

reason for this is the South economy has changed. 90% of finsec jobs have gone. Southern unemployment looks a lot like like the NE in the earl 80s - theres lots of it.

What employment left needs a huge number of sw heads. A redundant finsec em-loyee with gcses matchs pass is useless.

However due to the previous high paying finsec jobs, housing is expensive, so any salary is going to be very large.

UnconventionalWisdom
13 minutes ago, azzuri82 said:

Recovered to just a 2% drop now.

Erm. Looking at it on Google's chart has the previous close at a higher value that the other sites. Probably an error and not as drastic as I first thought. 

Archived