DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Is the FED crashing Trumps economy?

tlc

I'm an engineer not an economist, my economic knowledge is basic, so I'm here to ask DOSBODS experts....

Is the delayed crash of 2008 going to be dumped by the FED on Trumps watch?

Others seem to think so...

1 minute ago, A_P said:

Probably worth watching this if you get some time. 

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I know some of the history via Bill Still's Money Masters.

Andrew Jackson killed an earlier version but they kept coming back eventually succeeding in 23rd December 1913, I think.

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

Can Durham Born or other HPCers comment?

Its very difficult to say, the only people who know wont tell you!

My opinion for what its worth is they are trying to get the US economy back to normal and are showing some signs of succeeding as growth is going well and absorbing the rate increases and QT.  The rest of the world is the problem as there is not way China/Europe can do the same.  Europe has pretty much killed its sovereign bond market, anyone want to lend the Germans money for -0.1% interest?  How will club med fare when bond yields go from 0-1% to their usual 6%+?

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, JackieO said:

Can Durham Born or other HPCers comment?

Its a difficult one.

Chicken and egg.

Did trump get elected because of the mess the low ir/QE created,  against the will of the establishment, so they decide to raise rates

Of did they plan to raise rates which coincide with trump getting elected because of the mess created by low IRS.

either way, I'd  wager we will see trump for a 2nd term.

The way I see it is they had a plan and they are sticking to it. Trump is a side show. Ten years, bail out the rich, return to normal, no matter who it destroys.

I hope to live to 90 so I can look back on this madness and see what really was happening.

The fed are obviously going to maximize the total value of all $ in circulation since that maximises their own power and influence and we must have reached a tipping point where that is better achieved by raising rates rather than increasing the issuance of credit. I honestly dont think they give a monkeys toss about trump or any other president for that matter.

Quite probably they deliberately lured other central banks onto a dependence on QE/zirp so that when they did eventual raise rates, the money flow into $ would be maximised as all other CB's struggled to follow the same trend.

Talking Monkey
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:19, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Its a difficult one.

Chicken and egg.

Did trump get elected because of the mess the low ir/QE created,  against the will of the establishment, so they decide to raise rates

Of did they plan to raise rates which coincide with trump getting elected because of the mess created by low IRS.

either way, I'd  wager we will see trump for a 2nd term.

The way I see it is they had a plan and they are sticking to it. Trump is a side show. Ten years, bail out the rich, return to normal, no matter who it destroys.

I hope to live to 90 so I can look back on this madness and see what really was happening.

I might try and stick around a bit longer than I planned to see too, bloody interesting

3 hours ago, Talking Monkey said:

I might try and stick around a bit longer than I planned [...]

I'm starting to worry that joining this "DOSBODS" club might have consequences I wasn't aware of.

Archived