DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Carbuncles for sale thread

spunko

Green Devil
On 21/03/2019 at 14:34, Option5 said:

See this everywhere which is a real sign of a delusional bubble. 

Vendor and EA think something is worth three times what it sold for a few years ago. I'm also seeing this at the low range of the market. 

Last year I saw a 2 bed bungalow on at 250k. It needed a lick of paint. Close to a main road on a small plot. Now it's back on the market sold to a flipper with a loft room and a new kitchen and it's on at 500k, total delusional retard vendor. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Chewing Grass
58 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm amazed they managed to get such a 'spacious' shot of it, I thought it was a bad extension but the whole of Carbuncle Close is the same.

1385002433_CarbuncleClose.thumb.jpg.4858c2ed6f1a17cd3cdbeba342124f10.jpg

Had a look round the Medway nearby on streetview, what a depressingly overdeveloped, soulless place it has become.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

I'm amazed they managed to get such a 'spacious' shot of it, I thought it was a bad extension but the whole of Carbuncle Close is the same.

1385002433_CarbuncleClose.thumb.jpg.4858c2ed6f1a17cd3cdbeba342124f10.jpg

Had a look round the Medway nearby on streetview, what a depressingly overdeveloped, soulless place it has become.

What's even more depressing is that according to Maidstone Borough Council's own predictions in 2015 about 75% of all new builds will be for Londoners or migrants i.e. people from outside the county. 

Look up the Objectively Assessed Need for the Council on Google if you don't believe me... :CryBaby:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s got promise. We could gig out so that the river flows round it as a moat and turn it into dosbods island 🌴 

Magic plan...do we have to coat the castle in tinfoil?

It could be like Love Island.

only contrarian.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Oh absolutely. A necessity. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Oh absolutely. A necessity. 

Just thought we shouldn’t call it tinfoil. 

Dosbodder Island Castle must be coated in Silver Paper.

Bricks & Mortar
On 10/06/2019 at 20:08, Castlevania said:

Fancy buying a castle? Here’s one for sale in the middle of nowhere in Wales for £2.85m. 

https://www.struttandparker.com/properties/glandyfi

Look at the slope from the castle down to the river.  Looks like bare earth to me.   Possible erosion?

EDIT:  looked on googlemap, I think there's an A-class road down the slope, and a railway even lower.  I still don't like the look of the slope, but at least it's someone elses problem, and one they take seriously - check out the retaining wall.  Guess the moat idea is fucked though.
https://goo.gl/maps/2P7f5WKXRwwR54dU7

• 4 weeks later...

I delivered a few newspapers along this road in the early 1990s. House doesn't look too bad on the outside, inside is another story. Seems like the previous occupant went for the 'scandanavian sauna' look but it scores some extra points from me as it has a bidet! :Jumping: Asking price is £200k, ouch.

3 bedroomed detached in Norwich (NR1)

2063_NOR131063_IMG_04_0000_max_656x437.J

On 05/07/2019 at 20:52, UmBongo said:

I delivered a few newspapers along this road in the early 1990s. House doesn't look too bad on the outside, inside is another story. Seems like the previous occupant went for the 'scandanavian sauna' look but it scores some extra points from me as it has a bidet! :Jumping: Asking price is £200k, ouch.

3 bedroomed detached in Norwich (NR1)

2063_NOR131063_IMG_04_0000_max_656x437.J

Pretty sure that's an ex hoarder house, it's got that look (even after it has been cleared).

Hainford Hall, deep in the Norfolk countryside a few miles north of Norwich. I can see this main building getting carved into flats and a load of new build houses getting built on the land around it.

332710?w=670

Hainford Hall

It used to a scrapyard. My aunt worked in the reception there. I acquired a few bits for my shonky old cars in the 1990s and when I ended up writing off my Fiat Tempra 1.4 it ended up here. :( My parents bought their mark 3 Astra from someone who worked here who I think did damage repaired cars on the side.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/07/2019 at 21:14, UmBongo said:

Hainford Hall, deep in the Norfolk countryside a few miles north of Norwich. I can see this main building getting carved into flats and a load of new build houses getting built on the land around it.

332710?w=670

Hainford Hall

It used to a scrapyard. My aunt worked in the reception there. I acquired a few bits for my shonky old cars in the 1990s and when I ended up writing off my Fiat Tempra 1.4 it ended up here. :( My parents bought their mark 3 Astra from someone who worked here who I think did damage repaired cars on the side.

Missed this, what a wonderful building. I'd love to buy something like that, do it up and flog it to some bazillionaire. Like someone did with this place:

Before: https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/residential-sites/27352-steep-park-house-potters-manor-final-goodbye-2013-crowborough.html

After: https://www.onthemarket.com/details/1550730/

49 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

A bargain at 650000. 

Grade II*  is the bit that should worry all sane people.

But appears to be painted in corporation green paint ......

Archived