• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Carbuncles for sale thread

On 21/12/2018 at 11:12, Option5 said:

This is just down the road from me, it was up for £13,000,000  a while ago, now it's been repossed and is for sale at £3,750,000. Owner was a lunatic who was always in court for something.

Looking through the photos is a laugh a minute

https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbesrsehs150073

"lost" a million quid since you posted that.

On 21/03/2019 at 14:34, Option5 said:

See this everywhere which is a real sign of a delusional bubble. 

Vendor and EA think something is worth three times what it sold for a few years ago. I'm also seeing this at the low range of the market. 

Last year I saw a 2 bed bungalow on at 250k. It needed a lick of paint. Close to a main road on a small plot. Now it's back on the market sold to a flipper with a loft room and a new kitchen and it's on at 500k, total delusional retard vendor. 

On 21/03/2019 at 07:10, spunko said:

"lost" a million quid since you posted that.

Reading the details, it looks like the building wasn't zoned for residential use or was maybe partially zoned:

The Chalet's rich history is reflected in the variety of possible permitted uses. It is currently arranged as a single dwelling, as shown by the illustrations in the brochure. This is one possible use the Receivers are discussing with the planners, which would involve extending the residential use to the whole building. 

Seems to me you'd be buying into a planning nightmare. I also note that the bankrupt former owner attempted to build out a marina next to it without planning permission too. One wonders how such a complete and utter fuckhead gets the money to do that kind of construction in the first place.

58 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm amazed they managed to get such a 'spacious' shot of it, I thought it was a bad extension but the whole of Carbuncle Close is the same.

1385002433_CarbuncleClose.thumb.jpg.4858c2ed6f1a17cd3cdbeba342124f10.jpg

Had a look round the Medway nearby on streetview, what a depressingly overdeveloped, soulless place it has become.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

I'm amazed they managed to get such a 'spacious' shot of it, I thought it was a bad extension but the whole of Carbuncle Close is the same.

1385002433_CarbuncleClose.thumb.jpg.4858c2ed6f1a17cd3cdbeba342124f10.jpg

Had a look round the Medway nearby on streetview, what a depressingly overdeveloped, soulless place it has become.

What's even more depressing is that according to Maidstone Borough Council's own predictions in 2015 about 75% of all new builds will be for Londoners or migrants i.e. people from outside the county. 

Look up the Objectively Assessed Need for the Council on Google if you don't believe me... :CryBaby:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s got promise. We could gig out so that the river flows round it as a moat and turn it into dosbods island 🌴 

Magic plan...do we have to coat the castle in tinfoil?

It could be like Love Island.

only contrarian.

Edited by Thorn

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Oh absolutely. A necessity. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Oh absolutely. A necessity. 

Just thought we shouldn’t call it tinfoil. 

Dosbodder Island Castle must be coated in Silver Paper.

Posted (edited)
On 10/06/2019 at 20:08, Castlevania said:

Fancy buying a castle? Here’s one for sale in the middle of nowhere in Wales for £2.85m. 

https://www.struttandparker.com/properties/glandyfi

Look at the slope from the castle down to the river.  Looks like bare earth to me.   Possible erosion?

EDIT:  looked on googlemap, I think there's an A-class road down the slope, and a railway even lower.  I still don't like the look of the slope, but at least it's someone elses problem, and one they take seriously - check out the retaining wall.  Guess the moat idea is fucked though.
https://goo.gl/maps/2P7f5WKXRwwR54dU7

Edited by Bricks & Mortar