DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Whats happened to TOS

Band

5 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

just too many false dawns. No one can tell when or if the real one arrives. It t's also will take a few more months of 'good' news before anyone can start to get excited (or worried depending on your side of the fence).

also, what is the governbankment going to do in response? There seems no end to their insane interference. My money is on the 'Gladiator mortgage' where two interest only buyers' terms come to an end and they're forced to fight to the death. The winner selling the other gaf to cover their principal.

I bought about five years' ago, still thinking a crash was likely but no longer prepared to sit on my hands waiting for it.  It's a modest house but as I work full time that's helpful as it's low maintenance.

If there is a massive crash then I will buy something really special; if there isn't then I haven't been stuck renting in a cheap flat for years waiting for something that will never come.

My likeliest scenario is the slow motion crash over ten years where nominals barely move but higher inflation erodes the value; as has happened to wages these last twenty years. 

maynardgravy
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I bought about five years' ago, still thinking a crash was likely but no longer prepared to sit on my hands waiting for it.  It's a modest house but as I work full time that's helpful as it's low maintenance.

If there is a massive crash then I will buy something really special; if there isn't then I haven't been stuck renting in a cheap flat for years waiting for something that will never come.

My likeliest scenario is the slow motion crash over ten years where nominals barely move but higher inflation erodes the value; as has happened to wages these last twenty years. 

Possibly - though I don;t rule out a sharp crash. Can't see wage inflation keeping up long term.

4 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Possibly - though I don;t rule out a sharp crash. Can't see wage inflation keeping up long term.

Potentially this will mean more BTLs as those with capital can leverage it.

I'd be delighted with a sharp crash but gradually lost faith first that it was imminent and then that it would happen.

maynardgravy

S24?

It's politically suicidal to encourage more BTL, S24 was an expedient move. Can't see Corbyn being much of a BTL encourager either.

But, as said already, there are a few ways this could play out yet.

Archived