• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Stolen UK Cars Facebook Group

the sheer gaul of these car thieves, imagine stealing those motors off your local drug dealer, theres no honour amonst the scum these days. How very dare they, the shit bags.

PS. i know a few people with range rovers (sport), absolute cunts to a man, every last one.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

No Hyundai i-10s stolen today.

Here's looking forward to another twenty years of blissful satisfaction from their loyal UK customers...

XYY

I was wondering what was worse than a 20 year old Hyundai and remembered Daewoo. Remarkably there still seem to be plenty of them on the road:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/cars/daewoo

1 hour ago, onlyme said:

Works until - The insurance is how much? Why haven't they made the car less easy to steal? Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

I would have thought this breaches EU regulations 

From 1995 all cars had to have an immobiliser as standard ,whats the point when the thieves don`t even need a key theses days ,but there again immobilisers are useless if the pros are targeting the vehicles 

2 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

#SteeringLocks

People are too lazy. If I had £30k+ worth of metal sat on my drive I'd have the works: steering lock, hidden battery and fuel pump kill switches, tracker etc if they got through all that they'd be welcome to it.

My car was only £700 off ebay and I still use a steering lock as it's nice to know it'll unlikely be used by any little dickheads to joyride then torch.

Edited by gibbon

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

High performance luxury cars and Land Rovers are specifically targeted for shipping abroad, they are driven to dock areas, think Liverpool, Immingham, Grangemouth and left for a day or two in a side street somewhere to make sure there is no tracker on them. If they are still there they are driven straight into a container and off they go, France is a popular destination for Land Rovers with Malaysia the Far East and the USA popular for Range Rovers.

Albania and the EE countries is where it`s at these days ,most are on the next ferry available 

For all those thinking about buying defenders as a investment or has one now it could be time to forget it or sell it now 

Edited by Long time lurking

5 hours ago, whitevanman said:

This is why I drive a shit car. 

Not really, it's cos I'm skint. If I had the cash I'd drive a Rolls Royce and have a girlfriend out of the underwear section of the Grattan catalogue.

Only a pre 1965 one then.

5 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Not really, it's cos I'm skint. If I had the cash I'd drive a Rolls Royce and have a girlfriend out of the underwear section of the Grattan catalogue.

non sequitur

On 28/12/2018 at 20:56, Chewing Grass said:

This is the result of gadget driven laziness all for the sake of not having to press the button on a key fob.

And for which nobody has asked.

Car manufacturers insist on giving us these "toys" that we don't want and go wrong or, in this case, means that your car is more likely to be stolen.

Similar with each new version of car models being made wider and longer so that they're harder to drive through lanes and to park.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Car manufacturers insist on giving us these "toys" that we don't want and go wrong or, in this case, means that your car is more likely to be stolen.

Similar with each new version of car models being made wider and longer so that they're harder to drive through lanes and to park.

Yes Frank. I want a car, not a mobile games machine.

51 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes Frank. I want a car, not a mobile games machine.

Given the technology available cars should be getting smaller and lighter like computers. However they are getting bigger and heavier as they seem to be bought to show off with, not for practicality.

Big car, big flat screen TV, big smartphone are all desirable to the plebs.

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's a consequence of females making most of the purchasing decisions...

The sales pitch is: When you're coming out of the supermarket, 2 kids playing up and a trolley full of shopping do you really want to be fumbling around for your keys?

9 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Is the still a printed catalogue?!

13 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Don't think so.

It's all online so you don't have the embarrassment of being caught with your mum's copy.

https://www.grattan.co.uk/lingerie/_/N-2c

Still selling things at extortionate prices I see:

https://www.grattan.co.uk/products/laptops/acer-nitro-5-an515-52-15-6in-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-amp-128gb-ssd-win-10-gaming-laptop/_/A-74S974_?searchResults=true&PFM_rsn=search&PFM_ref=false&PFM_psp=own&PFM_lpn=2&PFM_trm=laptop

Even Dixon’s are charging 25% less than that!

7 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Don't think of it as a shopping site. It's really just a big-pants fetish site. Filth.

15 hours ago, gibbon said:

People are too lazy. If I had £30k+ worth of metal sat on my drive I'd have the works: steering lock, hidden battery and fuel pump kill switches, tracker etc if they got through all that they'd be welcome to it.

My car was only £700 off ebay and I still use a steering lock as it's nice to know it'll unlikely be used by any little dickheads to joyride then torch.

They'd just come in and get the keys.

3 hours ago, Option5 said:

Given the technology available cars should be getting smaller and lighter like computers. However they are getting bigger and heavier as they seem to be bought to show off with, not for practicality.

Big car, big flat screen TV, big smartphone are all desirable to the plebs.

Yes.  I saw a Rob Beckett gig where he defined the class of a person by the relative sizes of their bookcase and TV.

He said he was right down the bottom of the class list because his mum had a huge telly and next to it was a small bookcase.  Containing DVDs.

I confess myself rather baffled by the way that mobile phones are getting larger so that they no longer fit into coat pockets and that this is in some way desirable and for which it is worth paying more money.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes.  I saw a Rob Beckett gig where he defined the class of a person by the relative sizes of their bookcase and TV.

He said he was right down the bottom of the class list because his mum had a huge telly and next to it was a small bookcase.  Containing DVDs.

I confess myself rather baffled by the way that mobile phones are getting larger so that they no longer fit into coat pockets and that this is in some way desirable and for which it is worth paying more money.

I have an immense bookcase and, as of about a month back, no TV. Does that make me infinitely intellectual?!