• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Stolen UK Cars Facebook Group

15 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've never had a car stolen, except a rented one, where the rental company wanted me to leave the key on a string in the letterbox. Of course I had a glass door, and somebody must have seen it.O.o.

The only one I had "worth" stealing was a Ford with a Cosworth engine.

A mate had his stolen from a street near the station in Cambridge, some old cheap car and it turned up in a nearby town so it looked like the thief had just stolne it get home because he didn't have the train fare.

The steering lock was broken but it was driveable and otherwise undamaged.  What most amused us who'd driven over to help him collect it was that the car thief had thrown out the vast amount of rubbish like empty fag packets that had always littered the car.

Looked at this thread a few days ago - checked my Hotmail today and email from Amazon - hey are you interested in our car accessories ? 

Followed by full page of pics of RFD type wallet things. 

Creepy bastards. :ph34r:

Some moar stolen motors - these pictures are grainy, as I have uploaded them as GIFs to save loading times.

Untitled2.thumb.gif.464991db15de460e679556edc08cb376.gifUntitled.thumb.gif.b0cf3edc7699b0180bacccb55be83e7b.gif

I thought criminals don't get up early, but a few of these thefts have been at 4am.

Not seen a Nissan Micra stolen yet, they must have some good immobiliser! xD It's been mostly luxury motors and Ford Fiesta hot hatches.

Untitled.gif.241bc73d3f6922b132d8afbea2535116.gif

44 minutes ago, 201p said:

Not seen a Nissan Micra stolen yet, they must have some good immobiliser! xD It's been mostly luxury motors and Ford Fiesta hot hatches.

Untitled.gif.241bc73d3f6922b132d8afbea2535116.gif

Ford Fiesta hot hatches - lots of those getting targetted or stolen wound my way. Perhaps they are easy to nick?

Have you ever seen a post on the group where someone says they saw one of these stolen cars?

9 hours ago, 201p said:

Converted van to live in:

Untitled3.thumb.gif.dabcebe51c58364fdbc1e45342a2e158.gif

Now that is pretty harsh, taking someones hard work and their pride and joy. But then these people don't care which is why they go around stealing.  The insurance will never fully cover the loss. While unlikely, I hope he gets it back.

8 minutes ago, null; said:

Have you ever seen a post on the group where someone says they saw one of these stolen cars?

I don't think so, but will keep a watch.

Well some are found, as in the example below - but the group isn't really a group where people post sightings. The thieves may use the group as an access point to the owners and demand a ransom though.

Untitled.gif.9fb187d4b9e3806a87f554e0ac62c073.gif

This from the local paper:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17345578.police-issue-advice-after-hampshire-unattended-car-thefts/

2 hrs ago

Police issue advice after Hampshire unattended car thefts

The incidents, in Southampton, Totton and Romsey, all involved unattended vehicles that were left with engines running, this morning.

At 6.48am, a black Lexus was stolen from Brookwood Road, Southampton.

At 7.37am, a silver Vauxhall Astra was stolen from Salcombe Road, Totton.

At 7.39am, a silver Volkswagen Touran was stolen from King Georges Avenue, Southampton.

An attempt was made tot steal a car from the driveway of an address in Bossington Close, Rownhams, at 6.12am. The offender stalled the car and ran off, abandoning it.

PC Simon Peacock said: "We’re advising residents not to leave their cars running while unattended.

--

So do you do like what I do and just put tepid water over the windscreen, or be like those people that scrape away at the ice and go back inside while the engine is still running?

Another break in and car stolen off the drive.

I remember in the old days, with my live in landlady. She was a bit crazy, loud, brash, red hair. You know the type. Nice lady though. 

I remember the front door - everyone had to be in before midnight. After that she would put across 3 huge deadbolts across the front door. She was onto the right thing back then!

Untitled.gif.b1b2db18fc21f8c6c14ae3113f87438d.gif

I want to know what these front doors are like - are they made out of fricken cardboard???

People might be happy to spend £30K on a car - but £2K on front and back doors will pay dividends - and it'll last longer than the motor.

----

Untitled.gif.19f6d410c4ea22cdda55ceb72b1cd8ce.gif

5 minutes ago, 201p said:

PC Simon Peacock said: "We’re advising residents not to leave their cars running while unattended.

--

So do you do like what I do and just put tepid water over the windscreen, or be like those people that scrape away at the ice and go back inside while the engine is still running?

Many years ago when you could lock a car door by pressing the internal lock button and hold the handle up a bit while shutting it a work colleague parked outside a newsagents to run in and get his morning paper. He'd left his keys in the ignition with the engine running. To make it worse he'd parked in a zigzag zone by a zebra crossing. Not only did it make him late for work by the time a mechanic had unlocked the car for him, he also got a fine for obstructing a crossing. 

Posted (edited)

I have a 5L bottle of water in the sitting room. This is used to de-ice the car. I'm off in literally 3 minutes flat. I have de-icer spray as a back up.

Is it the normie way to use a scraper?

----

Untitled.gif.79beb1b8d98419a37344dc6d70f6c65b.gif

Edited by 201p

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 201p said:

Another break in and car stolen off the drive.

I remember in the old days, with my live in landlady. She was a bit crazy, loud, brash, red hair. You know the type. Nice lady though. 

I remember the front door - everyone had to be in before midnight. After that she would put across 3 huge deadbolts across the front door. She was onto the right thing back then!

Untitled.gif.b1b2db18fc21f8c6c14ae3113f87438d.gif

imagine being arrested for stealing a citroen

Edited by ashestoashes

Crazy - these crimes occur in a similar pattern across the UK. If this was in a film, like Beverly Hills cop, this would be called the "ABC crimes", as the criminal operates in a similar way each time, and leaves a clue.

This is not one criminal - this is an army of criminals in their 100s operating independently.

Untitled.gif.03c6ef496e9feca5182dc4f25f51518a.gif

Posted (edited)

Lessons learn't so far on this thread.

1. CCTV is useless

2. GPS Trackers are useless

3. Keyless entry keys/Weak Front/Back Doors with cars on driveways; make you high risk targets

4. High End Motors, 4x4, Vans, Trucks, are high risk targets

---

2, and 3 would be more useful 20 years ago, when police were more plentiful, had different priorities and had more time to deal with it.

Edited by 201p

Posted (edited)

So here's another example of a knock on the door, robbed at knife point. The car on the driveway is a Porsche.

I have blurred out the face so there are not legal implications for this forum.

Untitled.thumb.gif.bfade69ee472f7f2589d91d4043cd53e.gif

If you visit that road on Google Maps - unfortunately for robbers, that looks like rich pickings. Nearly every driveway has a luxury motor.

I guess we have come full cycle with crime . There is a lot of easy low hanging fruit for the criminals in the middle class areas. Like with middle class youths who go back packing in bad parts of the world, thinking everyone is nice and polite, and it is rude not to answer the door - this is the reality wake up call. This is lambs to slaughter - and no one is taking any interest.

Edited by 201p

Another day, another house break in.

Does anyone remember that day time TV programme called Beat the Burglar? I think if you are interested in upping your own security, then it is worth digging out those clips from Youtube. It has got that annoying Dominic Littlewood bloke in there though! They ended the series, because I remember the Ex-Theif expert in the show was basically assaulted by one of the guests after his house was mock-burgled. Even though it was a mock burglary, the guy went mental at him. 

Untitled.gif.64d4ea52523b43eed5106b0f02b44021.gif