• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Stunley Andwin

DNC Primaries 2020

Just now, Virgil Caine said:

Depends what you mean by white ?

I am not sure how one should judge Hispanic immigrants since the only thing most have in common is that they speak Spanish.

Chile and Argentina are probably two of the 'whitest' countries on the planet.

Yes, I agree - hence I deliberately used 'white' as opposed to caucasian. I keep seeing the 2045 date but no info backing up the demographic change. I suspect it is referring to white people of European descent but how they determine that I do not know.

What I do know is that white people of European heritage are one of the smallest 'ethnic' groups compared to Africans, Chinese and Indian Asians - and is shrinking.

18 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

The only thing most have in common is that they speak Spanish.

Or Portuguese. I find it odd that “hispanic” is considered a specific demographic in the US. In Canada it’s not a term anyone really uses even though there are plenty of people of Southern American extraction living there.

6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Or Portuguese. I find it odd that “hispanic” is considered a specific demographic in the US. In Canada it’s not a term anyone really uses even though there are plenty of people of Southern American extraction living there.

Hispanics have long been ridiculed in the US being slightly better than black people. Hollywood, which for a long time portrayed black people as imbeciles with the mind of children, did similar with Hispanics - mainly Mexicans. Hollywood could do this because that was a general consensus in the US at those times.

1 hour ago, eight said:

I bet she's never been to Thornley, or Witton Park!

I shagged a lass from Thornley.

Her family were a proper bunch of in-bred pit yackers. Right scruffy cunts.

One day, she took me round to meet her mam and her sister.

It was the same fucking person...

XYY

6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I shagged a lass from Thornley.

Her family were a proper bunch of in-bred pit yackers. Right scruffy cunts.

One day, she took me round to meet her mam and her sister.

It was the same fucking person...

XYY

Technically wouldn’t that have to be a half sister?

34 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

It is very odd.

Just to show that nothing is new under the sun back in the 1970s I worked in an NHS hospital where a lot of the in house domestic staff were 'Hispanic' in that they spoke Spanish or Portuguese. Not that anyone used that term because the reality was that they were Columbians, Brazilians etc and proper Spaniards.

The Yanks like using the word Latino as well which is even more bizarre since they dont use it for Italians and as every O level Latin student knows Latium is in Central Italy. They also dont use this  linguistic labelling consistently for speakers of other Romance languages.

Personally outside language I dont think Puerto Ricans and Argentinians , for example,  have much in common.

Edited by Virgil Caine

5 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

It is very odd.

Just to show that nothing is new under the sun back in the 1970s I worked in an NHS hospital where a lot of the in house domestic staff were 'Hispanic' in that they spoke Spanish or Portuguese. Not that anyone used that term because the reality was that they were Columbians, Brazilians etc and proper Spaniards.

The Yanks like using the word Latino as well which is even more bizarre since they dont use it for Italians and as every O level Latin student knows Latium is in Central Italy. They also dont use this  linguistic labelling consistently for speakers of other Romance languages.

Personally outside language I dont think Puerto Ricans and Argentinians , for example,  have much in common.

The his in Hispanic means western, meaning Latin American, meaning South American. Hence Hispanic, Latino.

Never suggest someone from Spain is Hispanic or Latino!

10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Technically I made that bit up for comedy purposes...

XYY

It reminded me of a comedy film where someone, somewhere in a situation in the Deep South, shouts “put your hand up if your sister, mother and aunt are less than three different people”. Probably Mel Brooks but maybe not.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Hence that Cortez got elected. How 2 muslims in Minnesota got elected. Obviously they will now push for more immigration and more benefits, financially and other, for peope of certain ethnic or religious backgrounds.

By 2045 white people will apparently no longer be the majority in the US - interesting ng world the SJW's are creating for themselves.

Not really true in the case of Cortez. The muslims, perhaps, but Cortez had different forces behind her. 

The only reason Omitted Cortex got thru the primaries was because she did well in the individual precincts that are chock full of wealthy white millennials. Kind of like an old white/jewish politician like Margaret Hodge...dull, mainstream, blairite millionaire careerist witch getting thrown out for a radical young idealistic demagogue. Now, I don't think that will happen due to Ilford being a long way from gentrifying in the same way as, say Shoreditch, but the universities really have turned out a crop of highly radicalized, well bred types who actually believe in this Luxury Communism and so forth. Maybe they'll be right long term. But I can't see it happening for at least 50 years. And when you look at the way quality of life has stagnated for 20 years, and is actually headed down, I kind of doubt it at all. Communism where no one starves and has a roof over their head, and 24/7 shite entertainment, perhaps. Millionaire type luxury, I somewhat doubt.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/01/ocasio-cortez-data-suggests-that-gentrifying-neighborhoods-powered-alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-victory-over-the-democratic-establishment/

A bit like how Sanders did well with young millennials, but Clinton ultimately won because legions of blacks who'll vote for whoever the DNC tells them 'is best for blacks' will win.

Crowley, known until last week as the “king of Queens,” was crushed almost everywhere, but he did better in the Bronx.

“You can also see that most of her votes, the strongest vote support, came from areas like Astoria in Queens and Sunnyside in Queens and parts of Jackson Heights that, number one, were not predominantly Hispanic, so they’re a more mixed population, and are areas where — this is kind of a term of art — are in the process of being gentrified, 

In fact, the data suggest that although Ocasio-Cortez won in almost every neighborhood, she actually did worse in some parts of Queens with large nonwhite populations. For instance, Crowley performed very well in East Elmhurst — which has a substantial Latino population and is majority-minority.  Romalewski also pointed to LeFrak City and surrounding neighborhoods, “which are predominantly black, as well as Asian and Hispanic,” as areas where Crowley did particularly well. Zooming in a bit more, you can see that African-American neighborhoods were a strong base for Crowley.

16 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

It is very odd.

Don't know why the terms Mestizo or Amerindian never caught on in the US census, like 'coloured' did in South Africa. Clearly you look at most 'Hispanics' and the vast majority are some hotchpotch of native, european, and to a lesser degree African and East Asian ancestry. 

23 minutes ago, Panther said:

The his in Hispanic means western, meaning Latin American, meaning South American. Hence Hispanic, Latino.

Never suggest someone from Spain is Hispanic or Latino!

Hispania is the Roman name for Iberia.

The Roman Emperors Trajan and Hadrian were Hispanic under that definition.

Edited by Virgil Caine

As Trump is showing is pretty much impossible to make genuine change so its an irrelevance.

Just a pointless soap opera so the MSM can sell advertising space.

Edited by Band

17 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Don't know why the terms Mestizo or Amerindian never caught on in the US census, like 'coloured' did in South Africa. Clearly you look at most 'Hispanics' and the vast majority are some hotchpotch of native, european, and to a lesser degree African and East Asian ancestry. 

It would make more sense since ethnically some these people are more closely related to native Americans than Spaniards.

Just goes to show that the modern obsession with ethnic taxonomy has a very dubious basis in logic.

4 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

It would make more sense since ethnically some these people are more closely related to native Americans than Spaniards.

Just goes to show that the modern obsession with ethnic taxonomy has a very dubious basis in logic.

Yes and no. The exact wording, perhaps. The real meaning, less so. I've seen a study that put peoples ethnic self description, and how they are described by the rest of society as being in agreement 99.8% of the time. And this in turn agrees with their ancestral haplogroup mix by a similarly uniform figure.

Only wish I could remember the damn study.

Its the official wording that is imprecise. That North Africans and South Asians are considered 'white' in the US because white is synonymous with caucasian. 

Elizabeth Warren is on the warpath. the first to announce her candidacy. She is very photogenic, her high cheek bones give her an attractive smile. Will she however sell out for just 24 dollars worth of beads? Let us hope this doesn't end in a Trail of Tears.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-31/elizabeth-warren-announces-plans-presidential-run

Naughty Trump is already being rude about her.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-31/trump-only-warrens-psychiatrist-knows-whether-she-thinks-she-can-win-2020

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Elizabeth Warren is on the warpath. the first to announce her candidacy. She is very photogenic, her high cheek bones give her an attractive smile. Will she however sell out for just 24 dollars worth of beads? Let us hope this doesn't end in a Trail of Tears.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-31/elizabeth-warren-announces-plans-presidential-run

Naughty Trump is already being rude about her.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-31/trump-only-warrens-psychiatrist-knows-whether-she-thinks-she-can-win-2020

Warren kicked her campaign off to kill Bernie Sanders's campaign off before it begins. She has a lot of similar follows being on the extreme left of American politics (note she is still to the right of Tony Blair)..

Edited by eek
formatting

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Elizabeth Warren is on the warpath.

I see what you did there.

:D:D:D

She'll have to take quite a few scalps to get the nomination.

A lot of people will have reservations about her.

Edited by Fischer

8 hours ago, eek said:

Warren kicked her campaign off to kill Bernie Sanders's campaign off before it begins. She has a lot of similar follows being on the extreme left of American politics (note she is still to the right of Tony Blair)..

That point about Blair is spot on. Here's a key Warren soundbite:

Every person in America should be able to work hard, play by the same set of rules, & take care of themselves & the people they love.

That's a far-right statement by the standards of UK politics.