• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko2010

Bugs, Changes & Glitches - report here!

Given the forums (fora?) are new, there will be growing pains etc. Can you please list any bugs or problems that you find here and I'll cross them off as I go through.  Cheers

Bugs / fixes / changes

1. SPF / emails sent to spam folder issues
  2. square photos instead of round
  3. favicon
  4. Custom colour / theme
  5. Logo?
  6. Set up some new subforums
  7. javascript poll refresh bug
  8. Who's online/who's browsing
  9. Login cookie session expiry
  10. PM storage limit increased from 0 (!)
  11. Add a moderator(s)

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Well I never got an email. I tried looking at the traffic signs, but it let me in anyway.O.o Could be something worth looking at before we get one post spammers.

I approved your account manually, if you check your junk mail folder Pin you should see it there.

Just now, spunko2010 said:

I approved your account manually, if you check your junk mail folder Pin you should see it there.

I don't have a junk mail folder. I obsessivley read it all. Cheers anyway. I hope this is not costing you too much.

29 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

He probably can't get past typing in a password and confirming it correctly with that shitty keyboard of his...

XYY

Quoted by The XYY Man -

*star struck*

God, pathetic I know but I'm new to posting on forums and don't have a telly.

Found another bug though Spunko : No ccc

This thing's riddled!

10 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Quoted by The XYY Man -

*star struck*

God, pathetic I know but I'm new to posting on forums and don't have a telly.

Found another bug though Spunko : No ccc

This thing's riddled!

Aye, you're right Carlos - where are ya triple-c...?

And has renty showed-up yet...?

Oh, and there's another quote for your collection Carlos - you shandy-drinking twat...!

;)

XYY

We're not really trying to poach members are we? That was what Unsustainable Future, and mostly mmmm beer, did.  She was doing it because she had a grudge against HPC.

I would hope most people are here for one specific reason: they are unhappy with the closedown of any discussion of Islamic terrorism.

It's not all that I want to talk about, not even close, but I have had enough of the BBC and their ilk shutting that particular discussion down like it's 1984 and thought crime.

What would be the next subject that we were not allowed to discuss? In another twenty years, had we not already upped and left, I could see discussion of Brexit being proscribed.

No, enough.  Anybody who is happy with that restriction can, and should IMO, stay put.  We don't want the thought crime police.

9 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

No Winkie either. Do we need a rescue mission (feels like escape from colditz waiting for the stragglers to make it to safety 😃)

They'll tunnel out later or be defenestrated later by the prison guards.

Just now, onlyme said:

They'll tunnel out later or be defenestrated later by the prison guards.

Nice to see you've arrived - but your avatar seems to have missed the DOSBODS bus.

Stop being a twat - and get it sorted out...!

;)

XYY

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

We're not really trying to poach members are we? That was what Unsustainable Future, and mostly mmmm beer, did.  She was doing it because she had a grudge against HPC.

I would hope most people are here for one specific reason: they are unhappy with the closedown of any discussion of Islamic terrorism.

It's not all that I want to talk about, not even close, but I have had enough of the BBC and their ilk shutting that particular discussion down like it's 1984 and thought crime.

What would be the next subject that we were not allowed to discuss? In another twenty years, had we not already upped and left, I could see discussion of Brexit being proscribed.

No, enough.  Anybody who is happy with that restriction can, and should IMO, stay put.  We don't want the thought crime police.

It's not about poaching members but it will be odd for anyone that checks in to the other site on Monday and wonders if all the regulars have been vaporized.

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Nice to see you've arrived - but your avatar seems to have missed the DOSBODS bus.

Stop being a twat - and get it sorted out...!

;)

XYY

Took me 2 years to get an avatar up on the other place. Finally got round to it on Thursday. Great timing.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Like in my other post, this I believe is a turning point in the internet in relation to free speech. There will be those sites that will be cowered to tow the official line and those that won't. For me this is nothing to do with HPC, just happens to be a site I posted on for over a decade. Always wondered why Brexit stuff was quickly whisked off the main board for example, didn't seem quite right as obvious links with both economy and HPI.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

It's not about poaching members but it will be odd for anyone that checks in to the other site on Monday and wonders if all the regulars have been vaporized.

The mods left up the address for a decent time and anybody enquiring "Where are...." will presumably be PMed by somebody on both forums.

I think the mods of HPC have behaved entirely honourably here; and the thread deletion and closedown of discussion is a purely commercial decision from a purely commercial concern.