• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

201p

New Presidential Cycle and the Possible Secular Bull Market in Socks.

I am just migrating this over from the other side. Keep an eye on these socks.

Feb 2017

Boohoo £1

Gear4Music £4

W7L Warpaint cosmetics 150p

GOCO Go Compare 75p

PRISM Blue Prism 520p

PURP Purple Bricks 157p

June 2017

Boohoo £2.20

Gear4Music £7

W7L Warpaint cosmetics 285p

GOCO Go Compare 96p

PRISM Blue Prism 848p

PURP Purple Bricks 435p

----

This isn't investment advice, past performance does not project future performance. Also we've had a good run - no guarantees this will continue.

No guarantees on anything - do your own research. I will add anything interesting as time goes by. I am the one that also arranged the sock picking competition on the other side about 5 years ago.

The new ones that might be interesting and worth investigating but not recommendations:

BXP 65p

IQE 66p

Edited by 201p

Clothes have never been cheaper either, I would stock up - I can get a pair of jeans from Asda for £6, and they are pretty decent. I could even rip holes in the knee area, and they look like £150 jeans.....

abf2322b36f37cdd6d4aeea77217f451.jpg

People need to also think how much they are going to risk. If your stop was maybe at a major round number like 50p, you have to pay the market an amount to find out if you were correct. Always think that the trade is a 50/50 bet, no matter how compelling the fundamentals or the technicals.

Take BXP at 65p (sorry it's not 45p). If £500 was used to buy the stock, that's 769 shares. If it fell beneath 50p, let's say 46p. That is 769 x 46p = £353. Or £147 loss. Are people willing to lose £147 to find out if their trade was right? 90% of people do not think ahead like that.

If your portfolio was £500 in value, that's (147 / 500) x 100 = 29.4% loss. Unacceptable. A few of those trades would wipe you out.

However if your portfolio was £10,000, then the percentage at risk is more acceptable. (147 / 10,000) x 100 = 1.47% loss.

This one for this historical record - note the direction of travel. I'll check back on this one in 3 months. This is not a recommendation to buy or sell.

deb.png

This twitter is also worth following https://twitter.com/DanZanger?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

He is the legitimate world record holder for the biggest portfolio increase in 18 months. He turned $10K into $18m. Looking at his trades, I know he is the real deal. He likes the leaders AMZN, TSLA, GOOG, FB, NFLX.

See the pattern in these? They all go up.

Coinsilium may also be worth looking at 4p (mentioned them at 2p). They are on the NEX exchange which has fewer trades, so beware about getting out in a hurry or with large funds >£1000.

People who know me, I talk about youtube. And every young kid wants to be a youtuber when they grow up. If you get 1m subscribers, you'd be on your way to becoming a millionaire I reckon not just from ad revenue but merchandise deals and wot not. Youtube allows you to research into what's hot and trending. You know fidget spinners, water bottle throwing, memes, mandela effect. Okay I know I probably won't be a 1m+ youtuber, but all is not lost.

You can look into what companies might benefit from these hot trends. Nerf guns appear to be popular, and this youtuber has a ton of Nerf Guns

Trends feed on trends, and people want to buy more nerf guns. Always dig deeper and ask who benefits? Hasbro makes Nerf guns and they are a beneficiary of the trend.

mrtg.png

^Google Trends "Nerf"

jas.png

^Hasbro stock price clearing a major round number, $100

Edited by 201p

3 hours ago, 201p said:

Further reading . Stan Weinstein - How to profit in Bull and Bear Markets, and Nicolas Darvas How I made 2 Million in the Stock Market.

I've recommended it before, elsewhere, it is by far the best investment advice you will get, having read probably thousands of investment articles etc.

Trick is following it and not letting your head getting in the way.

I went into gardening, (well mostly lawn mowing and hedge trimming) because I basically think that anything that an ageing population will need doing for them is going to be a growth industry. Also the younger generation seem to be a bit useless too.

I figure that the companies supplying the services and the equipment that the services use such as commercial gardening equipment, home care equipment such as starlifts etc will be a good investment as the years go on and all the boomers get old.

You get the idea.

9 minutes ago, Reebo said:

Maybe go a step further and look at who is selling all the film equipment, and editing software to these youtubers.

Well its not Go-Pro who have gone from $94 to $12 in 2 years.
7a63f0185316eab37cee7039c6b3c842.png

Edited by Chewing Grass
wheres my fooking graph

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Well its not Go-Pro who have gone from $94 to $12 in 2 years.

I imagine thats due to the cheap copies. I have one myself that cost £40.

HAIK maybe worth a look if it can clear 50p. It's a tidler some there is a degree of risk and liquidity.

Biggish spread too. And do your own research - Some Chinese AIM stocks have turned out to be 99% share price droppers.

Edited by 201p

12 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Ah shit. I bought in at 19.5p and dumped them at about 22. @longtomsilver, still got any?

Good morning IB 

I sold half my 25k shares at 60p so still holding 12.5k effectively 'free' shares and banked £5k profit. It's flattering my portfolio as I've taken a few big hits recently  (in supposedly less risky divi payers). 2 steps forward, 1 step back.