• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Man stabbed on train

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Bloody hell - hope you didn't need to steam clean the velour seats!

Wasn't in Dunstable by any chance?

Cannock, W. Midlands.

15 minutes ago, Bakez said:

Upload the video 

I didn't make it clear. The dash cam footage was from the Morrison's lorry and I confirmed with their HQ that it'd be available to either the police and/or insurance and categorically they said it would be and there's a well trodden system in place.  The lorry came to a halt behind me and that stopped my means of backing out. It's unlikely the police would investigate this further as they have Twitter hate messages to attend too and I have a complete lack of faith in the police anyway and wouldn't be surprised for them to turn it around and prosecute me for stopping on a dual carriageway. 

1 hour ago, morphic pippin said:

That's awful. I hope you'll give it some more thought and report it. You might inadvertently be saving someone else's life. 

There's no question this man is a loose cannon and if they haven't already, someone will get seriously hurt in the future by him. Sadly, this is the new world TPTB have created for us, it is no accident so I'll move on and be better protected in future.

Edited by longtomsilver

2 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

Anecedotal.

I was driving home an hour ago (to do the school run) and stopped at traffic lights in the outside lane. The sequence changed to green and the car in front hadn't noticed... genuinely, the traffic on the inside lane was long gone so I fleetingly flashed my headlights before they changed back to red and the driver moved off then screeched to a halt now taking up both lanes. My spider senses immediately went into action and I squeezed by on the inside lane and accelerated hard (1.0l 60hp), needless to say the other driver caught up, undertook me and stopped in the middle of a busy dual carriageway, this time making a cracking job of blocking my exit. What happened next was poetry in motion... a big black man with a beard jumped from his car and pulled a knife. Obviously, not feeling fighty I decided to take the cross country route and mounted the grass verge completely while he chased after me on foot and punched my vehicle before I made good my escape. It's in their DNA stabby, stabby. 

I was going to report it to the police (dash cam footage available) until they told me I'd have to inform my insurers too. Sod that.

Fucking. Hell.

1 hour ago, shindigger said:

Awful story.

In the circumstances you did the right thing. The points in this thread about ,well brought up, (i wont use the term middle class), people expecting a frank exchange of views and nothing more in a dispute, ae for the almanacs of the 50s and 60s. The whole complexion of the UK has changed in 20 years flat.

Anyone here ever driven anywhere with a knife in their car? Almost certainly not.

Anyone here thinking about now driving with a knife in their car?

Well, fuck that, don't buy a knife.

Buy one of these for your car, and shoot people square in the fucking viasge with it.

Let the whole fucking magazine fly in to any fucker that tries it.

I would have ZERO qualms.

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/air-weapons/air-pistols/heckler-koch-vp9-black-177.html

For exactly this purpose I store a hockey stick in the car.  It's a distance weapon so if any cunt wanted to try anything they'd see me holding a hockey stick ready to smash their fucking face / teeth.  I would have no qualms - you cannot let anyone within the "danger zone" of 6-10 feet close to you.  If anyone is coming that close they have hostile intent and you are entitled to defend yourself with reasonable force (granted, a hockey stick may be stretching it - but that's to keep them AT a distance and act as a deterrence).

1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Its quite permissible to carry a torch in your car. I have a 3 cell Maglite. Actually I don't carry it in the car because some of the dicks I encounter on the road might cause me to use it.  Not that the beam is than fearsome, I know it would fucking hurt whoever was hit with it.

I did carry it when I last drove on the continent as I was concerned about the reports I had heard of incidents around Calais.

Anyway @longtomsilverglad you're OK. I guess a stiff drink later tonight will help. Better not to be a dead or injured hero even if you later think you might have stood a chance against him.

yeah, those Maglite torches are very good, heavy, good to use as a baton type weapon, cost about £30 - on my amazon list too.

2 minutes ago, JFK said:

Fucking. Hell.

For exactly this purpose I store a hockey stick in the car.  It's a distance weapon so if any cunt wanted to try anything they'd see me holding a hockey stick ready to smash their fucking face / teeth.  I would have no qualms - you cannot let anyone within the "danger zone" of 6-10 feet close to you.  If anyone is coming that close they have hostile intent and you are entitled to defend yourself with reasonable force (granted, a hockey stick may be stretching it - but that's to keep them AT a distance and act as a deterrence).

yeah, those Maglite torches are very good, heavy, good to use as a baton type weapon, cost about £30 - on my amazon list too.

Steering lock.

Pick one thats hefty and can be used like a club.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Steering lock.

Pick one thats hefty and can be used like a club.

Plus the advantage that you don't have to explain why you have certain items in your car that could be an offensive weapon.  A steering lock / heavy torch are ideal 'concealed' weapons.

1 hour ago, shindigger said:

Awful story.

In the circumstances you did the right thing. The points in this thread about ,well brought up, (i wont use the term middle class), people expecting a frank exchange of views and nothing more in a dispute, ae for the almanacs of the 50s and 60s. The whole complexion of the UK has changed in 20 years flat.

Anyone here ever driven anywhere with a knife in their car? Almost certainly not.

Anyone here thinking about now driving with a knife in their car?

Well, fuck that, don't buy a knife.

Buy one of these for your car, and shoot people square in the fucking viasge with it.

Let the whole fucking magazine fly in to any fucker that tries it.

I would have ZERO qualms.

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/air-weapons/air-pistols/heckler-koch-vp9-black-177.html

Is that legal?

Looks great fun; I've always wanted a handgun but I'm not prepared to break the law to get one.

Longtomsilver's post is going to stir me into action, been thinking for a while now that I need a baseball bat or some other protection for the car. No intention to use barring self defence but too much enrichment these days to not take precautions. Thanks Blair, back to the Wild West we go.

1 minute ago, SillyBilly said:

Longtomsilver's post is going to stir me into action, been thinking for a while now that I need a baseball bat or some other protection for the car. No intention to use barring self defence but too much enrichment these days to not take precautions. Thanks Blair, back to the Wild West we go.

Only if you play baseball though. You need to have an excuse for why you need it. 

Alternatively, train to be a chef and have a big knife or a hairdresser and a cutthroat razor. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Someone on DOSBODS posted this before

Nice soft grip so as not to damage the windscreen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vintage-Classic-Steering-Wheel-Device/dp/B00P6JAJRY

51j-XapbYTL._SX355_.jpg

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Only if you play baseball though. You need to have an excuse for why you need it. 

Alternatively, train to be a chef and have a big knife or a hairdresser and a cutthroat razor. 

Perhaps it is easier to just have a plank of wood and some nails and say I'm in the midst of a DIY project in that case.

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

Can't you just say you have mental health issues?

36 minutes ago, JFK said:

Fucking. Hell.

I did a close protection course and the smaller, heavier compact items like a heavy torch are very much more preferable to the golf club, hockey stick or baseball bat. Apparently, held from the middle it is a formidable self-defence weapon dumping more energy into the opponent.

I've noticed that quite a few torches have kind of scalloped front edges, thus:

image.png.f8fa2f96550f6bed6b7b0800e2cad815.png

And these can be quite sharp. I guess a long, weighty torch for swinging, if it had scalloped front edges, would be a handy double action object.

15 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I did a close protection course and the smaller, heavier compact items like a heavy torch are very much more preferable to the golf club, hockey stick or baseball bat. Apparently, held from the middle it is a formidable self-defence weapon dumping more energy into the opponent.

The older maglites that took multiple D cells were quite popular at a time, not so much these days. I'm trying to remember what the biggest one was, I think it was a 6 cell.

A sizeable and powerfull (in terms of lumens) led torch has another defensive mode at night as it can be quite blinding if shone into the eyes of an attacker. Could be enough to give you an advantage.

Hold the torch as if throwing a javelin (sometimes called the power position). Shine it into the eyes to blind and then bring down like a hammer - I'm only suggesting this as a means of defending yourself. Holding the torch in this way also keeps it in a defensive position to shield from blows aimed at your head.

And another tip, they come in handy for illumination if you break down in the dark....

21 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

... the smaller, heavier compact items like a heavy torch are very much more preferable to the golf club, hockey stick or baseball bat.

I'm sure that's right: a golf cub or even a baseball bat is just too long and unmanoeuverable to swing comfortable.

I'm sure you can be more agile with something like this:

image.thumb.png.f02de5df98bf4280e26d0421d4ec07a8.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dipsy said:

Although I think she saw him pretty quickly after he legged it, I don't know how quickly any description was pushed out.

The timing in that connection is important of course but the general point still stands that there was the risk of people encountering him and they would be put at serious risk as, from memory, it was reported that a full official description of him wasn't issued until that evening which would be several hours later.

I might be wrong and from memory again I don't think the official description at that time mentioned his colour.  If it did it wasn't that well broadcast.

Edited by twocents

18 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

For plausible deniability maybe best not to post your self defence ideas on a public forum 😜

13 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Could you turn this into a steering lock?

battle-axe-2-3d-model-sldprt-sldasm-sldd

Just get one of these and say you thought it must probably be ok if Princess Anne had one.

yhst-138463016558931_2413_280133821.gif