DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Kurt Barlow

My Gran used to collect stamps and I have found a mountain of first issue stamps - mainly from the 1970's. Unfortunately I haven't found any inverted Jenny's....

Can't see the attraction personally but does anyone have any ideas of potential value of stamps of this vintage? 

Not really but I was disappointed to find that my old collection had not become worth a fortune over the last forty years so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It'll be a sleeper investment. These things come and go in cycles, although there is no next generation of stamp collectors as people are more into computers and social media. 

I know someone who collects stamps, I'll ask them if they are worth anything.

Anyone remember van Hoogstraten first investment was in stamps and was sold to start his BTL empire.

SGI share price health tells you what you need to know about the stamp market.

Untitled.jpg.58b886433b85f3acfd7657524f385750.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2019 at 10:26, 201p said:

It'll be a sleeper investment. These things come and go in cycles, although there is no next generation of stamp collectors as people are more into computers and social media. 

I know someone who collects stamps, I'll ask them if they are worth anything.

Anyone remember van Hoogstraten first investment was in stamps and was sold to start his BTL empire.

SGI share price health tells you what you need to know about the stamp market.

Untitled.jpg.58b886433b85f3acfd7657524f385750.jpg

Yep one of those things that is out of fashion. The Peak was in the late 70s against the backdrop of run away inflation. Stamp shops everywhere back then.

Archived