• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Mellie

Have I just heard an emergency codeword?

Anyway... Bored in Schiphol, which seems to be how I spend half my life so I thought I'd start a frivolous thread. 

I've just heard a call for a Mrs. Jessica Rabbit to go to gate G9. Surely no one actually has this name? 

Well codeword; I've heard them at football games where there's trouble in a stand and they want the stewards to go to it without telling the rest of the crowd.

It's usually more subtle than that; something like "Urgent phonecall for Mr Stewart in the South Stand".

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well codeword; I've heard them at football games where there's trouble in a stand and they want the stewards to go to it without telling the rest of the crowd.

It's usually more subtle than that; something like "Urgent phonecall for Mr Stewart in the South Stand".

Ah yes. Mr Smith in the blue Sierra, your mother is ill in Torquay hospital. I usually wait for the postcard from Aunt Ruth now.

14 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Anyway... Bored in Schiphol, which seems to be how I spend half my life so I thought I'd start a frivolous thread. 

I've just heard a call for a Mrs. Jessica Rabbit to go to gate G9. Surely no one actually has this name? 

could this be the result of drug induced delusions ?

When I worked at Morrisons the codeword for someone trying to nick spirits was 'Mr. Black to aisle 9'. Cue loads of middle aged men who knew the code and thought they were hard running through the store.

3 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

could this be the result of drug induced delusions ?

Drug induced delusions? in an airport? With my reputation? 

19 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

There were some famous pranksters did this years ago. "Will passengers Amman Idyurt and Ahwil B. Fayed pleaase contact the airport information desk" 

I don't mind Schipol in fact. I always go in that Heineken bar with the computerised table tops.

Right... Just about to take off. Hopefully no snags and see you all in about 10 hours :)

Just now, Funn3r said:

I don't mind Schipol in fact. I always go in that Heineken bar with the computerised table tops.

It's probably might favourite airport, although they've just opened a new non-schengen lounge and it's not as nice as the old one.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

IIRC just before the Spirit of Free Enterprise started doing barrel rolls in Zeebruge harbour, a call went out for the carpenter to report to the bridge.

Whoever chose that codeword had a macabre sense of humor :)

3 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

IIRC just before the Spirit of Free Enterprise started doing barrel rolls in Zeebruge harbour, a call went out for the carpenter to report to the bridge.

Whoever chose that codeword had a macabre sense of humor :)

I don't wish to derail an amusing thread but that tragedy was an appalling example of jobsworthism. One worker noticed the sea doors weren't closed but as it wasn't his job to monitor them he did nothing about it. He wasn't punished.

1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I love comedy names...

Phil McKracken, Hugh Jass, Isaac Hunt, they're all in the phonebook somewhere.

Amanda Huggenkiss. I'm looking for Amanda Huggenkiss.

An ex work colleague's idea of safe sex was telling the girl (erroneously, I should add) that his name was Paddy O'Dors.....

2 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I love comedy names...

Phil McKracken, Hugh Jass, Isaac Hunt, they're all in the phonebook somewhere.

Amanda Hugenkiss sends, er, hugs.

1 hour ago, eight said:

An ex work colleague's idea of safe sex was telling the girl (erroneously, I should add) that his name was Paddy O'Dors.....

Bah...

When Claire Balding started at the So-Called BBC, in his autobiography Julian Wilson said she was getting on his nerves and said he was behind a fictitious viewer question sent in to embarrass her on air, from Miss R Soles.

4 hours ago, eight said:

Moe: 'Aw why can't I find Amanda Huggenkiss?'

Barney: 'Maybe your standards are too high!' xD

I quite like the pseudonym 'Mike Oxlong'. :D

Code words...I learnt on a YT video I watched a few days ago that (if I have it right)  'Tower Bridge is open' = 'the Queen is dead'

5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

30 years ago it was stunning. Does it still have the little train?

Aye was still lovely when I was there last year. Love the Willy Winks trains to get you to the plane.