• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

MPs plan to mount a Donald Trump-style shutdown of the British Government as they ramp up their bid to stop a no deal Brexit

40 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Would anyone notice?

You joke but ... probably not, at least tax payers.

Uk - and most other countries - need a lot less government not more.

For all fucked up stop Brexit types, Im reminded ofsomeone who stopped me to sign something along lines of No Brexit.... about 1 year after the vote.

I pointed out id not seen him in the run up to the vote.

And, as he was a libdem, i pointed out if it was not for tax credits and the unelected libdem peer blocking tax credit reform then there might have been no brexit.

US Government shut down because they don't have a budget to work with and do not get paid.

No such issue here, therefore it would be a sackable offence and a great opportunity to clear out the dregs at reduced cost.

20 minutes ago, ste said:

US Government shut down because they don't have a budget to work with and do not get paid.

No such issue here, therefore it would be a sackable offence and a great opportunity to clear out the dregs at reduced cost.

Yeah i think its different.

If ukgov stopped an nobody was paid then it would be hilarious.

This seems more about not passing new laws.

9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Yeah, and it doesn't get them anywhere. The default is no deal so how does this get them closer to a deal all it does is remove the funding for a no deal exit.

There's being a bad loser and then there's this fucking shit.

What's next? There can't be a no deal brexit because we have exploded a nuclear bomb over Londonstan? :wanker:

40 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Should Brexit be reneged upon, the contract between government and people is broken, there is no foundation for future laws. We have facsism and anarchy.

The utter fools think they can renege on their obligations and everybody who's been betrayed and the "other" people (remoaners) who have had to witness this betrayal can just carry on as if nothing has happened. WTF! That the two main political parties in the UK will not be ripped to shreds, that we will have members of the EU parliament that are anti EU... Christ even the monarchy will fall after this betrayal as all they seem to be worried about is fucking each other and spawning more benefit scroungers... on mass.

They are truly deluded. It's un-fucking believable.

If the best case scenario for your win is the utter destruction of your political viewpoint and the evisceration of your country. Then step back. FFS!

1 hour ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Should Brexit be reneged upon, the contract between government and people is broken, there is no foundation for future laws. We have facsism and anarchy.

To me, the social contract was broken long before Brexit.

For almost my entire life, I was promised state-funded retirement at 65.

But, without a whimper of protest, it's recently been shifted to 67. 

We should be rioting in the fucking streets....

XYY

On 06/01/2019 at 15:21, spygirl said:

Won't happen then :(