• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Belgium bans religious slaughter of animals

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well done Belgium; that's now four with Sweden, Denmark and Slovenia.  And it is heavily restricted in Holland and Germany.  The tide has turned on ignoring deliberate cruelty to animals.

Oddly their chief rabbi thinks it's a victory for radical islam. Shome mishtake shurely Shimon?

https://www.rt.com/news/448184-belgium-ban-halal-kosher/

To be honest, Id be more happy if the muzzer eateries just washed their fucking hands after having a crap.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good!

I see no reason why animals should be slaughtered according to religious views.

I’m a lifelong meat eater and have watched various videos about cruelty to animals in uk non religious slaughterhouses. This also needs to be addressed IMO. For a start closing local abattoirs was a step towards more cruelty to animals due to much longer transportation before they’re killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Good!

I see no reason why animals should be slaughtered according to religious views.

I’m a lifelong meat eater and have watched various videos about cruelty to animals in uk non religious slaughterhouses. This also needs to be addressed IMO. For a start closing local abattoirs was a step towards more cruelty to animals due to much longer transportation before they’re killed.

This. Animals were killed near to where they were raised. Now they are taken miles to be killed. 

Mind, I’m not sure where the actual animals are raised. All I see round by me and on my travels are empty, fallow fields. They were once full of cattle, pigs and sheep. 

I would not be surprised if most of our meat wasn’t raised abroad. I wonder if that’s one of the reasons why they are so fearful of Brexit?  In the short term, there may be massive food shortages. Better get talking to farmers and get them doing something other than bloody holiday lets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One percent said:

This. Animals were killed near to where they were raised. Now they are taken miles to be killed. 

Mind, I’m not sure where the actual animals are raised. All I see round by me and on my travels are empty, fallow fields. They were once full of cattle, pigs and sheep. 

I would not be surprised if most of our meat wasn’t raised abroad. I wonder if that’s one of the reasons why they are so fearful of Brexit?  In the short term, there may be massive food shortages. Better get talking to farmers and get them doing something other than bloody holiday lets 

There’s plenty animals being raised in my locality and Scotland wide but they do tend to be larger farms with smaller ones diversifying to farm parks, ice cream places etc. Really small farms are converting their byres for holiday lets.

One local farming family are reputedly raking in £250k in subsidies and do no farming and haven’t done for years. Rumour has it that the farmer filled his fields with beef cattle because he knew how the subsidies worked. Surely the benefits, sorry subsidies, of farmers should be reviewed periodically just like jsa etc to make sure that they’re getting the correct amount and still meet the criteria B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

There’s plenty animals being raised in my locality and Scotland wide but they do tend to be larger farms with smaller ones diversifying to farm parks, ice cream places etc. Really small farms are converting their byres for holiday lets.

One local farming family are reputedly raking in £250k in subsidies and do no farming and haven’t done for years. Rumour has it that the farmer filled his fields with beef cattle because he knew how the subsidies worked. Surely the benefits, sorry subsidies, of farmers should be reviewed periodically just like jsa etc to make sure that they’re getting the correct amount and still meet the criteria B|

Glad to know there are animals somewhere. Foot and mouth finished a lot of the small farms near me. They either couldn’t be bothered after that or it just wasn’t worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Glad to know there are animals somewhere. Foot and mouth finished a lot of the small farms near me. They either couldn’t be bothered after that or it just wasn’t worth it. 

I think scotch reared meat is a huge part of the Scottish economy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

There’s plenty animals being raised in my locality and Scotland wide but they do tend to be larger farms with smaller ones diversifying to farm parks, ice cream places etc. Really small farms are converting their byres for holiday lets.

One local farming family are reputedly raking in £250k in subsidies and do no farming and haven’t done for years. Rumour has it that the farmer filled his fields with beef cattle because he knew how the subsidies worked. Surely the benefits, sorry subsidies, of farmers should be reviewed periodically just like jsa etc to make sure that they’re getting the correct amount and still meet the criteria B|

In 2009 I used to live near a farmer. £1m in subsidies while having £2.9m worth of housing plots for sale.

Quote

 

During the ten years from 2000 to 2009, the top 50 recipients of agricultural subsidy received £168 million – an average of over £3.3 million per farming business. These include farming businesses run by some of the wealthiest people in the country such as the Earl of Seafield, Earl of Moray, Duke of Roxburghe and the Duke of Buccleuch. (see Table 13 in The Poor Had No Lawyers for full breakdown). They are not even obliged by the rules of the Single Farm Payment Scheme to do any real farming. And they can even write off against tax the costs of acquiring new public subsidy entitlements (so the public pays twice).

Such recipients includes Stephen Strathdee (pictured above with what appears to be a Bentley Continental GT) . His company, Glenmore Properties Ltd. (from May 2010 Strathdee Properties Ltd.) owns 39 farms. On one farm alone, 18 housing plots have been sold for £1.3 million since the the farm was originally bought for £300,000). In March 2009, a total of 24 plots of land were being advertised for sale at a total guide price of £2,935,000. He is a farmer and a property developer.

Mr Strathdee and his family clearly work hard. He started life with £200 in 1970.

But why, when benefits received by poor families in the UK are to be capped at £26,000 and housing benefit at £400 per week, did Mr Strathde’s company receive £1,038,124.52 in public subsidy in 2009? And why, in the years since 2000, did it receive a total of £3.5 million in public subsidy? And why do all the other noble families listed above receive such largesse from the public purse?

http://www.andywightman.com/archives/91

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

Good!

I see no reason why animals should be slaughtered according to religious views.

I’m a lifelong meat eater and have watched various videos about cruelty to animals in uk non religious slaughterhouses. This also needs to be addressed IMO. For a start closing local abattoirs was a step towards more cruelty to animals due to much longer transportation before they’re killed.

When I trained as an EHO local authorities were in charge of meat inspection. There were lots more abattoirs, often locally owned and all meat inspection was undertaken by LA Meat Inspectors and on occasions EHO's. This was genuine 3rd party inspection of standards which included animal welfare. 

Then the EUSSR decided this wasn't appropriate. They bought in a load of legislation that greatly favoured the big boys. As a result many small abattoirs closed down. 

If you are running a small abattoir supplying local butchers its a personal relationship. Poor animal welfare means poor standards of meat. All the local abattoir owners I dealt with would not abide by poor welfare standards even if their sole motive was financial. 

Most meat inspection is now undertaken by some poorly trained Romanian / Spanish  Vet with industry paid spotters. They don't give a fook what some arsehole is doing to the animals in the lairage sheds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

When I trained as an EHO local authorities were in charge of meat inspection. There were lots more abattoirs, often locally owned and all meat inspection was undertaken by LA Meat Inspectors and on occasions EHO's. This was genuine 3rd party inspection of standards which included animal welfare. 

Then the EUSSR decided this wasn't appropriate. They bought in a load of legislation that greatly favoured the big boys. As a result many small abattoirs closed down. 

If you are running a small abattoir supplying local butchers its a personal relationship. Poor animal welfare means poor standards of meat. All the local abattoir owners I dealt with would not abide by poor welfare standards even if their sole motive was financial. 

Most meat inspection is now undertaken by some poorly trained Romanian / Spanish  Vet with industry paid spotters. They don't give a fook what some arsehole is doing to the animals in the lairage sheds. 

This has always been my suspicion. Like any industry, the establishment wants to move the business into the hands of big business. 

Shitting on the little guy as the yanks would say 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation, however, has strict guidelines on the slaughter of animals, which it says must be carried out in abattoirs ‘situated away from residential areas’. 

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of the Ramadhan Foundation, told The Sun that the family had done nothing wrong and were simply practising their religion.

That’s okay then, religion overrules laws and guidelines.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

^

Should there be have been more than Ten Commandments then.

Quote

 

The Ten Commandments

You shall have no other Gods but me.

You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.

You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.

Respect your father and mother.

You must not commit murder.

You must not commit adultery.

You must not steal.

You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.

You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

 

Christians must have decided to have humane slaughter all by themselves.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killing is killing, if you believe in it there is something wrong with you. Yes I know "but it's nature that's what animals do, kill and eat each other" well we are not supposed to be animals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Killing is killing, if you believe in it there is something wrong with you. Yes I know "but it's nature that's what animals do, kill and eat each other" well we are not supposed to be animals.

Yes even a cabbage has a heart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Killing is killing, if you believe in it there is something wrong with you. Yes I know "but it's nature that's what animals do, kill and eat each other" well we are not supposed to be animals.

I think you'll find that we are animals.

I don't like senseless or cruel killing but I will happily yank a mackarel out of the sea so killing it because I am then going to eat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think you'll find that we are animals.

I don't like senseless or cruel killing but I will happily yank a mackarel out of the sea so killing it because I am then going to eat it.

Yes but you only hold that point of view because you aren't a mackerel. A truth or a falsehood is in absolute terms not relative to a context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think you'll find that we are animals.

I don't like senseless or cruel killing but I will happily yank a mackarel out of the sea so killing it because I am then going to eat it.

If you don't eat it or it is not pest control, it is a "sport", and I do not indulge in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

Yes but you only hold that point of view because you aren't a mackerel. A truth or a falsehood is in absolute terms not relative to a context. 

I doubt a mackerel is that bothered whether I kill it or a seal does; everything dies some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well done Belgium; that's now four with Sweden, Denmark and Slovenia.  And it is heavily restricted in Holland and Germany.  The tide has turned on ignoring deliberate cruelty to animals.

Oddly their chief rabbi thinks it's a victory for radical islam. Shome mishtake shurely Shimon?

https://www.rt.com/news/448184-belgium-ban-halal-kosher/

From that article :

Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt, the president of the Conference of European Rabbis, said the ban is proof that “radical Islam has won.”

“We are in the midst of an attack on the freedom of religion. The European capital has, with its laws and lack of tolerance for minorities, proven that radical Islam has won,” he said, as cited by Israel National News.

“We managed to block many [similar pieces] of legislation in other countries in Europe and attempts to pass bills in the European Parliament and initiatives in the the EU’s agencies.”

 

This head rabbi of Europe, I have mentioned him before :

On 19/10/2018 at 22:21, Carl Fimble said:

Yes, and one wonders how representative of the European Jewish population this guy is :

That video was posted on another thread, but it got barely any attention at all, despite the content....

Archived copy of the video here :

https://archive.org/details/youtube-uJHHHYD5Fow

and the text from that archive.org page :

"This an except from an Interview taken in 2015 where Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt gives valuable insight on the beginning of the migrant crisis in Europe. He claims that Muslims are Jews' "natural Allies" to make Europe more free, diverse and overcome the resistance of "old, secular Europe" to move into the age of a "new, religious" Europe. According to him, both Jews and "their Muslim brothers" are fighting for a "peaceful Europe". He claims both Muslims and Jews face the same kind of discrimination in Europe where the old Europeans try to enforce laws limiting the religious freedom. The full Interview can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOzlza34Hag

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJHHHYD5Fow"

 

Edited by Carl Fimble
Adding the video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

If you don't eat it or it is not pest control, it is a "sport", and I do not indulge in that.

If you eat fish that you have not caught yourself that statement is hypocritical at best  ~nets are indiscriminate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

If you eat fish that you have not caught yourself that statement is hypocritical at best  ~nets are indiscriminate 

Yes we all buy from the supermarket, and most of us have little knowledge of farming. There is hypocrisy in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.