• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

WTF has happened to the British Army

6 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

There's a reason army recruitment is waaaay down, and it's the same reason a lot of the country is fucked: Bennies.

You're a working class lad way back when, who had no money and fancied some adventure: take the queen's shilling.

Now you're a working class lad who has no money and fancies a bit of adventure.... errr... do these people exist anymore? Obviously not in the same numbers as previously.

Nope.

Squaddies are mainly blokes. Blokes dont get much in the way of bennies.

The issue is Capita army recruiting, a task they took over a few years ago.

Capita have made a ttoal fuckup up of the process. They pitched on saving money by streamlining it. Then their systems did not work - my nephew is joinging up. Him and his mates keep getting their interview date push back all the time. Rather than sign up in Sep or Jan, Sep was delayed to Jan, which was delayed to May.

There recruitment is nothign special. Get people in, quick healthcheck. Check stuff like ID + nationality and whatnot. Reall basci studd. Basci training has always done the filtering.

So, to try and show something for all the money Capita have took, theyve obviously engaged some bowtied ad campaign, which has backfired.

8 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

You need to ask @One percent if there is anything going at her place.

God no.  We pretend to be overworked. Another body and more difficult, so harder to dodge anything coming my way. 

36 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope.

Squaddies are mainly blokes. Blokes dont get much in the way of bennies.

The issue is Capita army recruiting, a task they took over a few years ago.

Capita have made a ttoal fuckup up of the process. They pitched on saving money by streamlining it. Then their systems did not work - my nephew is joinging up. Him and his mates keep getting their interview date push back all the time. Rather than sign up in Sep or Jan, Sep was delayed to Jan, which was delayed to May.

There recruitment is nothign special. Get people in, quick healthcheck. Check stuff like ID + nationality and whatnot. Reall basci studd. Basci training has always done the filtering.

So, to try and show something for all the money Capita have took, theyve obviously engaged some bowtied ad campaign, which has backfired.

Crapita, it’s crapita. 

7 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Time for this:

Some nicely choreographed drill there.

I suspect one or two of them might have been in the cadet force in the way they fell at ease at the end.

Willie Whitelaw made drill part of his “short sharp shock” regime. The irony was that the young offenders subjected to it seem to have liked it a lot more than the prison work they were normally made to do.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

God no.  We pretend to be overworked. Another body and more difficult, so harder to dodge anything coming my way. 

Crapita, it’s crapita. 

I get mixed up because there seems to be an infinite supply of utterly incompetent govt contractors, but was it Capita or Carillion who got a half billion UK taxpayer bailout a year or two back for a project they massively under-costed for (in...er, Saudi Arabia)

10 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

I rather liked this take on the recruitment campaign from the Army Rumour Forum

1546548718310-png.369651

LOL

yeah, i've seen a lot of 'caption competition' rip offs of this flying around twitter and other forums.

Things like "SOMALIAN MILLENNIALS....Your Army need YOU...and YOUR 62 IQ"