• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

moped rider stabbed to death

16 years

The minimum age to ride a moped is 16 years and you will need to:
  • complete Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) for the relevant motorcycle category.
  • pass a theory test.
  • pass practical tests.

https://www.google.com/search?q=age+to+ride+moped+uk&oq=age+to+ride+mopede&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.9397j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just now, Anglepoise said:
16 years

• complete Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) for the relevant motorcycle category.
  • pass a theory test.
  • pass practical tests.

https://www.google.com/search?q=age+to+ride+moped+uk&oq=age+to+ride+mopede&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.9397j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Correct. His angelic qualities are lost on me as he has already decided to break the law. Who knows what he was up to, but probably not off to Church?

Mopeds are often stolen to hoon around on, as they require little coordination to operate. My neighbour's was, later found in a field.

Do mopeds even exist these days?

I thoguth these were jsut very underpowered scooters and motorbikes.

If only he was better at selling drugs ... could have bought this

https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-fs1e-dx-50cc-moped-motorbike-fizzy-1975/1248632643

Theyd have never have caught him...

7 minutes ago, Anglepoise said:
16 years

• pass a theory test.
  • pass practical tests.

Maybe he was big for his age?

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Do mopeds even exist these days?

I thoguth these were jsut very underpowered scooters and motorbikes.

If only he was better at selling drugs ... could have bought this

https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-fs1e-dx-50cc-moped-motorbike-fizzy-1975/1248632643

Theyd have never have caught him...

Maybe he was big for his age?

FS1E had gears. A lot of mopeds are just twist and go. Ideal for handbag snatching, although I am not suggesting the bloke was Italian, or similar.

You'll not be stealing a bike with a jockey shift, and foot operated suicide clutch for such purposes.:Old:

41 minutes ago, 201p said:

Detectives believe the moped had been involved in a crash with a car, after which three men got out the vehicle, stabbed the teenager and drove off.

Vague details so far. Lets start to speculate:

The moped rider knew the assailants in the car were after him so he tried to escape on a moped collided with car and was murdered or the moped driver didn't know the occupants of the car he collided with. The damage caused angered the driver and its occupants so much that they murdered him. Some people are very car proud and to damage their car would be very disrespectful.

Posted (edited)

A father-of-three, who was exercising at the Raw Fitness gym nearby at the time, said: “A guy in here earlier saw everything. What happened was there was a guy on a moped with no plates. 

jayden-moody.jpg

Victim: Jaden Moody, 14, was stabbed to death

“A car came behind him, deliberately whacked into him, he then fell on the floor. Three men then jumped out of the car, stabbed him from behind and drove off. 

“I grew up in this area, this is my area. It’s not the same anymore. This is area is bad now. There should be more patrols. Our families are scared to go out.”

Another man said a witness told him the car deliberately knocked him off the moped before stabbing him.

He said : “These were unsurvivable wounds in his back. The man thought it was an accident, that somebody had knocked someone, but then he said they quickly came out of the car.”

The boy’s uncle Josh Grant said the teenager had moved to London from Nottinghamshire with his mother just six months ago. 

waltham-forest-0.jpg

Investigators at the scene in Waltham Forest (Nigel Howard)

He told the Standard: “I’m in bits. It’s a sad time. He was a good kid. When he was young he looked up to me and I always gave him advice and tried to show him the right way in life.

“They had moved from Nottingham down to London about six months ago because they wanted a better life in London.

“I told him he’d have to behave down there, the kids down there are different to kids in Nottingham. It’s not right, the world we live in is messed up.”

waltham-forest.jpg

The attackers are believed to have knocked the boy off his moped (Nigel Howard)

Mr Grant, a painter and decorator, said his nephew “loved playing football” and had been enjoying London, adding that Jayden hoped to work for him when he finished school. 

“He wanted to work for me, he deserved a chance,” Mr Grant added.

walthamstowstabbing090119b.jpg

Tributes to the victim were left at the scene today (John Stillwell/PA )

Detective Chief Inspector Larry Smith, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “Everything that we have learned about this attack so far indicates it was targeted and intent on lethal force from the outset.

"We are doing everything we can to catch those who carried out this cowardly attack and bring them to justice.”

Locals said there were moped gangs of young people in the area, with drug dealing also taking place.

One local resident said there had been trouble recently between two local gangs the ‘Beaumont Crew’ and their rivals ‘Oliver Close’ engaged in a postcode war.

walthamstowstabbing090119c.jpg

Police on duty at the scene where the boy was stabbed to death (John Stillwell/PA )

The possibility of gang involvement is believed to be line of inquiry by detectives. 

Floral tributes were left at the scene this morning as friends gathered to pay tribute to the teenager.

Close friend Jason Smith, 18, said : “I saw him the day before it happened. He was usually on a pedal bike not a scooter.

“We’re all shocked and devastated. He didn’t trouble anyone, he was humble and calm. He just wanted to make his parents proud. He was very close to his family and just wanted to be happy with his life.”

Family friend Chanel Joseph, 34, said Jayden attended Heathcote school in Chingford. 

She said : “He’s a really nice boy. I can’t believe someone would do that to him. He’s only 14, he must have been so scared.”

Jayden is the capital’s youngest murder victim since 14-year-old Corey Junior Davis was shot dead in Forest Gate in September 2017.

Detective Superintendent Richard Tucker, the head of policing in the Met’s North East command unit, said extra officers from elsewhere in London were being deployed to carry out patrols to reassure the public.

He said : “Everyone is shocked and appalled by this murder. The age of the victim, a boy aged 14, beggars belief and I completely understand the alarm and concern it has raised from those who live and work in the area. 

““I want to reassure people that police are working with the local authority and charities and doing everything in our power 24 hours a day to try and make this area safe. I would ask people to support us, some of our work is unseen. Our  top priority is to prevent young people being drawn into this violence. “

A Section 60 stop and search order to allow police to search people without suspicion had been ordered last night and was due to in place tonight. 

Neighbours said they did not hear any shouting or screaming and only knew of the incident when they saw the blue flashing lights from the emergency services.

One said : “There was a person on the floor, and the ambulance guys were trying to look after him. 

The attack is the third stabbing in Waltham Forest in just three days after a woman in her 30s was left fighting for her life when she was stabbed 500 yards away in Church Road on Saturday.

The following day, an 18-year-old man was also injured after being knifed at Blackhorse Road Tube station. A boy aged 13 was arrested in connection with the stabbing.

Walthamstow MP Stella Creasy said she was “devastated” at the “horrific” killing in her constituency.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan added: “I’m greatly saddened by news of the fatal stabbing of a 14-year-old in Waltham Forest, and my thoughts are with his family and friends.”

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Edited by Anglepoise

5 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

The moped rider knew the assailants in the car were after him so he tried to escape on a moped collided with car and was murdered or the moped driver didn't know the occupants of the car he collided with. The damage caused angered the driver and its occupants so much that they murdered him. Some people are very car proud and to damage their car would be very disrespectful.

He was dealing in their 'area'.

Someone reported him.

Other gang members chased him in a car, knocked him off, then killed him.

He'll be black. Tehyll be black.

How multi-cultural.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I don't know the specifics about how was doing what and when, but I do note that the capital appears far more stabby than it used to be.

Probably less so than the 70s/80s.

23 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Turf war, drugs - CSI DOSBODS.

Must be a rich family .. able to up sticks from Nottingham and move to London for a better opportunities.

Must be investment bankers....

Another explanation is the kid was a little shit and they move from Nottingham to get away from bad influences.

Does not work if you are taking the bad with you.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know, really. 

I remember in my school in the 80's a pupil getting slashed with a knife (only a nick) and it being a really big deal -- in the papers and everything.  Girl got slashed at child #1's school the other day (again, hardly any blood drawn) and the perp is already back in school after their week suspension.  I find this rather surprising.

[otoh, there have been a few expulsions recently about carrying a little cannabis.  In my school in the 80's the headteacher gave announcements in assembly about where the magic mushrooms were to be found on the playing fields]

Edited by dgul

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Must be a rich family .. able to up sticks from Nottingham and move to London for a better opportunities.

Must be investment bankers....

Another explanation is the kid was a little shit and they move from Nottingham to get away from bad influences.

Does not work if you are taking the bad with you.

“I told him he’d have to behave down there, the kids down there are different to kids in Nottingham.''

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I don't know, really. 

I remember in my school in the 80's a pupil getting slashed with a knife (only a nick) and it being a really big deal -- in the papers and everything.  Girl got slashed at child #1's school the other day and the perp is already back in school after their week suspension.  I find this rather surprising.

There were a few incidents at my school. It was nothing like Eton.

Just now, Anglepoise said:

“I told him he’d have to behave down there, the kids down there are different to kids in Nottingham.''

Yes, well, Nottingham isn't exactly nice in parts.O.o

5 minutes ago, dgul said:

I don't know, really. 

I remember in my school in the 80's a pupil getting slashed with a knife (only a nick) and it being a really big deal -- in the papers and everything.  Girl got slashed at child #1's school the other day and the perp is already back in school after their week suspension.  I find this rather surprising.

Recent stats but can't find any stats pre 2003.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London

https://www.statista.com/statistics/864736/knife-crime-in-london/

image.thumb.png.2333f78eb9c6a1ed2881372943a6e4ae.png

image.thumb.png.8d6e8fa7e20955a546ce04488b0b5930.png

14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Do you have links to any statistics to support your assertion?

After I left school in the 60s I had a job in the local 10 pin bowling alley. They were very popular then. Anyway there was a local yobbo who was continually aggressive towards me. I started to carry a knife with me because I was scared of him. Fortunately one of the bouncers saw it on me and took it away from me. From my perspective I always tend to think that most that carry knives on them do so because they are scared.

Another incident back then was when I was with a group of friends and we were returning from a gig, could have been a Rolling Stones or Beatles concert at the Adelphi in Slough. On the way home another youth was drunk and upset for some reason nothing to do with us started being aggressive towards us and pulled out a knife. One of us a big Scots lad had probably seen knife fights before took off his coat to use as cloak to defend us. Luckily the aggressors friend calmed him down and we walked off without incident.

So yes there were knife attacks back then. They were uncommon and far less prevalent than I read about these days.