• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

moped rider stabbed to death

6 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

I hate the idea that a child has been murdered but love how the media have trivialised his illegal use of a moped - effectively saying this poor 14 year old kid was just going about his business on a moped and he didn't deserve to be slain.

Truly, the world is back to front 😳

The cynic in me says they're looking to create St. Stephen of Lawrence for the modern day.

9 hours ago, Anglepoise said:

“I grew up in this area, this is my area. It’s not the same anymore. This is area is bad now. There should be more patrols. Our families are scared to go out.”

"Hey pigs! leave us alone innit."

Stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab,

stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab,

"Hey pigs, sort it out bruv."

8 hours ago, MrPin said:

I probably didn't read much then. Your experience reflects mine. I only carry a Swiss Army knife for the corkscrew function.

A man after my own heart. Plus the very nice touch that comes in very handy. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MrPin said:

I only carry a Swiss Army knife for the corkscrew function.

There's nothing that can't be resolved over a good Bordeaux.

Edited by Harley

4 minutes ago, Harley said:

There's nothing that can't be resolved over a good Bordeaux.

Oh dear another diplomat. Mr XYY will be so disappointed. He usually nuts them, and offers him his wife.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

The torch comes in handy for seeing in the cavity.  

For some reason, I read that as "Torah", and thought Carl might be in a conspiracy.O.o

The widespread misuse of the word 'moped' to describe any twist and go scooter makes my blood boil. A moped is a motorcycle with a capacity of <50cc and a top speed of 45 or 50 kph. The number of actual mopeds used by criminals in London must be vanishingly small, for the obvious reason that they're not very fast, and hence not ideal for quick getaways. I know that (in increasing order of shamefulness) the media, the police, and the legal profession get it wrong, but let's not join in on here please, for the sake of my sanity if nothing else. Cheers.

7 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

There were some fearsome violent gangs in places like Glasgow and Sheffield in the 1920s and 1930s

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/razor-gangs-ruled-the-streets-but-even-960790

http://wolfiewiseguy.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-sheffield-gang-wars.html

The main difference to now was that stabbing someone to death was likely to end up with perpetrator swinging at the end of a rope. That meant gang members were more likely to carry coshes and slashing razors than knives as they gave the gang member more chance of copping a manslaughter plea if they killed someone.

in the 80s it was stanley knifes.

18 hours ago, spygirl said:

Must be a rich family .. able to up sticks from Nottingham and move to London for a better opportunities.

Must be investment bankers....

Another explanation is the kid was a little shit and they move from Nottingham to get away from bad influences.

Does not work if you are taking the bad with you.

Worked out ok for Will Smith in Fresh Prince.

Pictured on his moped making gun signs: The aspiring boxer, 14, who hero-worshipped Anthony Joshua but was stabbed to death in the street 'in targeted assassination by rival drugs gang'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576201/Leyton-Waltham-Forest-murder-victim-Jayden-Moodie-pictured-Anthony-Joshua-boxer-hero.html

8336510-6574293-image-a-7_1547083229758.

His moped again.... I hope they keep that quiet my 13yo will be wanting a moped for his bday.

Did his family maybe not think it would be a good idea not to give the little shit an illegal moped?

Making gun signs ... Oh the irony of being stabbed to death.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Pictured on his moped making gun signs: The aspiring boxer, 14, who hero-worshipped Anthony Joshua but was stabbed to death in the street 'in targeted assassination by rival drugs gang'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576201/Leyton-Waltham-Forest-murder-victim-Jayden-Moodie-pictured-Anthony-Joshua-boxer-hero.html

His moped again.... I hope they keep that quiet my 13yo will be wanting a moped for his bday.

Did his family maybe not think it would be a good idea not to give the little shit an illegal moped?

Making gun signs ... Oh the irony of being stabbed to death.

That's like a small mortorbike - it's not a proper moped.  It's even more powerful in appearance than a scooter which has a small platform for your feet.

A proper moped is a pedal bike with pedals, very narrow pedal bike wheels with wire spokes and a pedal bike frame - with a small motor attached - or at least that's what a moped used to be.  It used to be the absolute bottom rung of motorised vehicle and a real moped probably still is.  No real status in a real moped except compared to a non-powered bike which school kids used - but economical for assisted travel..

Likely they've changed the categories for marketing purposes.  The word moped used to be the epitome of innocent and frugal motoring. 

It seems that the mercedes car was stolen and now seems to have been ditched.  

Apparently there were witnesss to the murder (called an assassination in the article) and as usual no description.

British people were shocked decades ago to read of the violence prevalent in America but from the stats it's even worse in Britain now - well done to the politicians and their cronies.  

Edited by twocents

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

His sister Leah, 18, denied this last night and told the Evening Standard: 'It wasn’t gang violence. He wasn’t in a gang. My brother was caring, loving. He never hurt anyone. He was 14. He would go out and see his friends.

HE DINDU NUFFINS HE A GOOD BOI

In that same DM story a “top policeman” says the “public should feel appalled by the murder”. 

Almost making us feel like we as a collective have done something wrong.

I feel nothing of the sort, and I suspect neither do 99% of the country. Don’t even feel the slightest bit of surprise. Weary acceptance maybe...

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

And:

Rival Drug Gang

So clear implication that despite his age the victim was a member of a drug gang.

That is the fault of his parents.

Corrected for you.  I doubt that there is a father on the scene....

2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

was probably run over and stabbed because he was arguing that it wasn't a proper moped

Yes they probably called it a moped and he insulted them back and the rest is history.  I actually doubt that is what happened but who knows. 

I do like things to be desribed as accurately as possible especially in the MSM and they seem to fail badly most if not all of the time as they evidently have their own agenda to attend to including helping the failure to issue accurate and timely descriptions of many attackers.

What it's described as does carry a bit of relevance albeit granted it might only be only a small bit.  The word moped seems to be used when the media want to give a pre-emptive characterisation and air of innocence and frugality (a real moped has little or no status - status is important in some quarters) and who knows those circumstance might even turn out be apt in this case.  I expect we'll find out in due course.  In any event it's not what I would call a moped.

I dare say some sales brochures might call it that just because of its engine capacity and/or limited top speed etc and it might come under the official legal category of moped - it's still not a moped.

Edited by twocents

57 minutes ago, Rowley said:

In that same DM story a “top policeman” says the “public should feel appalled by the murder”. 

Almost making us feel like we as a collective have done something wrong.

I feel nothing of the sort, and I suspect neither do 99% of the country. Don’t even feel the slightest bit of surprise. Weary acceptance maybe...

I was shocked at his young age and being attacked by a gang of men like that.  Appalled even.  It seems to cross a red line in Britain which most people with children will be paricularly concerned about.

The attack is a serious escalation of the callous attacker trend.

Even so I doubt it's the first one in Britain like that out in the streets - maybe it is? 

It's bit rich of a top policeman to be seeming to cast some guilt on the public (he's had time to choose his words) who have been effectively stopped from speaking out in any detail on such matters and now people being banned from platforms.  Did he just pop up from his desk while looking at hurty words stats from the internet - which might at one time have acted as a form of peer pressure to mitigate the real callous nastiness.

Edited by twocents

16 minutes ago, twocents said:

I was shocked at his young age and being attacked by a gang like that.  Appalled even.  It seems to cross a red line in Britian which most people with children will be paricularly concerned about.

Then you don’t understand that some 14 year olds are not “children”. They may be in a legal definition, but in physical and aggressive presence they are very much grown men. It seems clear this individual was involved in gangs to a degree (obviously now we will never find out the truth, just hear what an upstanding member of the local community he was). Who knows what damage he had inflicted on others, or would have done in the future. A 14 YO is very much capable of shooting or stabbing, and in some regards finds it easier.

I was appalled at the death of Rhys Jones. Not this one.

53 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Then you don’t understand that some 14 year olds are not “children”. They may be in a legal definition, but in physical and aggressive presence they are very much grown men. It seems clear this individual was involved in gangs to a degree (obviously now we will never find out the truth, just hear what an upstanding member of the local community he was). Who knows what damage he had inflicted on others, or would have done in the future. A 14 YO is very much capable of shooting or stabbing, and in some regards finds it easier.

I was appalled at the death of Rhys Jones. Not this one.

Oh I do fully understand that some 14 year olds are not children in the normal sense of the word and some are doing things and acting beyond their years.  You come across it quite often now and not only from people of colour - part of it is called feral youth (although feral doesn't necessarily fit the events in this case) and it's in many places even outside of London and even in relatively good areas.  I didn't actually call him a child but people with children will still be concerned. 

Unfortunately their age and category as child means that people can't do much about "children's" bad actions because then adults get accused by the authorities of various things in doing that.

I was still shocked and appalled (in the general sense of it being a general deterioration in civilised behaviour) at the boy's young age and the gang of men murdering someone that age like that in the street. 

It's the same with Rhys Jones (in the general sense) even though that seems to have been a lot different.

Edited by twocents

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:01, sleepwello'nights said:

Vague details so far. Lets start to speculate:

The moped rider knew the assailants in the car were after him so he tried to escape on a moped collided with car and was murdered or the moped driver didn't know the occupants of the car he collided with. The damage caused angered the driver and its occupants so much that they murdered him. Some people are very car proud and to damage their car would be very disrespectful.

I know we shouldn't quote ourself, but:

I was being very PC with my initial speculation. I'm sure most of us strongly suspected from the outset the ethnicity of the victim and the probably the murderers, and that it would most likely involve gangs and/or drugs. 

In the interests of being neutral and confining myself to the evidence first available I didn't air my suspicions. Why bother we know the odds of our initial thoughts being proved correct time and time again. 

Of course its all the fault of our white privilege that young people like these suffer economic deprivation and a hostile environment with the result that they have no option other than to turn their frustrations into illegal activities. NOT!