• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

Jock Itch

Question

So - I've had a long running case of Jock Itch.  Probably picked it up in some sweaty Asian gym/hotel pool.

Anyway, it comes and goes - tried tea tree oil, special soap, etc.  I really don't want to go to the doctors as they'll prescribed some steroid shite.  Anyone used any less harmful solutions/diet changes?

12 answers to this question

Is it a fungal thing? My child got a fungal nappy rash once, I was able to get antifungal cream OTC. Had to keep applying for I think 2 weeks but then never came back.
Kamillosan is good for many skin problems.
Avoid sugar. Wash clothes at high temperature.

Go for a week to a nudist colony where there is lots of sea bathing and use all the towels only once, drying very carefully each time and applying some fungicidal powder at the beginning of the week. Do some fasting while you're there.

While you're away, have all your clothes, bed linen and towels washed in a fungicidal detergent and dried.

That should do it.

(Sorry but I like final solutions - for a less drastic approach see Maudit :-) )

Had a fairly tenacious athletes foot. Up around the side of foot not between the toes.  Started spraying it twice a day with this

sirafan_speed_750ml-900x900.thumb.jpg.85511d21d72bad45226f035c91902d04.jpg

Then hit it alternate nights with Daktarin or canesten for two weeks. This while wearing old crappy work boots in a very humid environment

Didn't even touch it. So gave up. 

Went a month later and got some Daktarin gold and something else stronger to put on it and discovered athletes foot was gone completely. First time in 4 years. 

Had used Daktarin and canesten before and hadn't worked. Maybe the Sirafan worked or in combo worked. But it's gone now.*

*I can't endorse this though as, while maybe a coincidence, while using this regime I developed heart palpitations or possibly atrial fibrillation. Don't know which as I haven't had heart tested yet. So do your own research. 

On 09/01/2019 at 13:38, wherebee said:

So - I've had a long running case of Jock Itch.  Probably picked it up in some sweaty Asian gym/hotel pool.

Anyway, it comes and goes - tried tea tree oil, special soap, etc.  I really don't want to go to the doctors as they'll prescribed some steroid shite.  Anyone used any less harmful solutions/diet changes?

I've this itch too, some nights (usually after too many beers), I scratch myself inside out!! Not pleasant. I'll have to try that gold stuff. Cheers

well, tea tree oil shower gel and plenty of moisturising seems to have seen it off.  I also need to change my diet to cut out sugar much more, which apparently affects the ability of fungal spores to grow on your skin...ugh.

On 09/01/2019 at 13:38, wherebee said:

Wash your privates in Nizoral shampoo a couple of times a week. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Care-Clotrimazole-Anti-Fungal-Thrush-Ringworm-Nappy-Rash-Cream-20g-Multibuy-/112898816647?var=

I buy that. Cheap and just a small application after a bath/shower does the trick, never had a problem since and part of my daily routine now. I use it for tinea versicolor which I am prone to getting on my shoulders and back of neck, particularly in the Summer when it is humid. I also used to get a rash in the summer where my ball bag lied against my left thigh. Does the trick there too.