DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Jock Itch

wherebee

Question

So - I've had a long running case of Jock Itch.  Probably picked it up in some sweaty Asian gym/hotel pool.

Anyway, it comes and goes - tried tea tree oil, special soap, etc.  I really don't want to go to the doctors as they'll prescribed some steroid shite.  Anyone used any less harmful solutions/diet changes?

• Informative 1

Is it a fungal thing? My child got a fungal nappy rash once, I was able to get antifungal cream OTC. Had to keep applying for I think 2 weeks but then never came back.
Kamillosan is good for many skin problems.
Avoid sugar. Wash clothes at high temperature.

swiss_democracy_for_all

Go for a week to a nudist colony where there is lots of sea bathing and use all the towels only once, drying very carefully each time and applying some fungicidal powder at the beginning of the week. Do some fasting while you're there.

While you're away, have all your clothes, bed linen and towels washed in a fungicidal detergent and dried.

That should do it.

(Sorry but I like final solutions - for a less drastic approach see Maudit :-) )

Chewing Grass

Canestan cream for fannys & toes works a treat on the old jock it which was brought into our house by football playing kids.

Once its gone just rub some in once a week to keep it at bay.

• Agree 1

Had a fairly tenacious athletes foot. Up around the side of foot not between the toes.  Started spraying it twice a day with this

sirafan_speed_750ml-900x900.thumb.jpg.85511d21d72bad45226f035c91902d04.jpg

Then hit it alternate nights with Daktarin or canesten for two weeks. This while wearing old crappy work boots in a very humid environment

Didn't even touch it. So gave up. 

Went a month later and got some Daktarin gold and something else stronger to put on it and discovered athletes foot was gone completely. First time in 4 years. 

Had used Daktarin and canesten before and hadn't worked. Maybe the Sirafan worked or in combo worked. But it's gone now.*

*I can't endorse this though as, while maybe a coincidence, while using this regime I developed heart palpitations or possibly atrial fibrillation. Don't know which as I haven't had heart tested yet. So do your own research. 

Mentalhammer666
On 09/01/2019 at 13:38, wherebee said:

So - I've had a long running case of Jock Itch.  Probably picked it up in some sweaty Asian gym/hotel pool.

Anyway, it comes and goes - tried tea tree oil, special soap, etc.  I really don't want to go to the doctors as they'll prescribed some steroid shite.  Anyone used any less harmful solutions/diet changes?

I've this itch too, some nights (usually after too many beers), I scratch myself inside out!! Not pleasant. I'll have to try that gold stuff. Cheers

well, tea tree oil shower gel and plenty of moisturising seems to have seen it off.  I also need to change my diet to cut out sugar much more, which apparently affects the ability of fungal spores to grow on your skin...ugh.

On 09/01/2019 at 13:38, wherebee said:

Wash your privates in Nizoral shampoo a couple of times a week. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Care-Clotrimazole-Anti-Fungal-Thrush-Ringworm-Nappy-Rash-Cream-20g-Multibuy-/112898816647?var=

I buy that. Cheap and just a small application after a bath/shower does the trick, never had a problem since and part of my daily routine now. I use it for tinea versicolor which I am prone to getting on my shoulders and back of neck, particularly in the Summer when it is humid. I also used to get a rash in the summer where my ball bag lied against my left thigh. Does the trick there too.

• Agree 1

Daily washing or more of the groin. Ideally twice daily.

Twice daily change of underwear to remove spore carrying underwear. Talc helps a lot as it dries the area and maintains it.

When its red, irritating and sore then you do need some antifungal.

Atheletes foot powder usually covers the Tinea infection.

You can add the antifungal cream..it sticks the powder in place. Some say creams (ie diprobase types)...not the active ingredient...are not so great as they do not let the area dry out. Not had this experience if it is antifungal cream.

You are looking at 5 to 7 days for clearance and avoiding reinfection.

Steroids, hydrocortisone, I wouldnt use unless very painfully inflamed. They only reduce the inflammation and not the cause.

A maintenance of showering twice daily and talc should keep it at bay in most hot and humid conditions.

Loose underwear in bed. Helps keep you dry

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Nippy said:

Time to start wearing a dress!

BTW, the fungus can cause hyperpigmentation, which might be why some men have really brown willies.

So, how long have you been researching this and how did you do your fieldwork?   o.O

• Lol 1

nirvana

Had this before BUT now I've got a bad case of feet fungus

A couple of my toes swelled up so I decided to attack them with a sharp instrument and make them bleed O.o

Yesterday I finally bought some vinegar for a foot soak

Apart from the swollen toes, symptoms are dark blotches under the skin

Any other over the counter stuff worth trying? Think I've been wearing my Timberlands for too long over the winter and the aging feet need more sun :CryBaby: 

One percent
1 hour ago, nirvana said:

A couple of my toes swelled up so I decided to attack them with a sharp instrument and make them bleed O.o

Any other over the counter stuff worth trying? Think I've been wearing my Timberlands for too long over the winter and the aging feet need more sun :CryBaby: 

Have you been jabbed?  Is it a side effect of the jab? 

nirvana
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Have you been jabbed?  Is it a side effect of the jab? 

christ no way, we are dosbods!!! :Jumping:

I've had those 'dark fungal blotches' on and off for years......this winter I've neglected my feet methinks...ie sweaty after walking etc and not enough 'boots off' in front of the log burner etc

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, nirvana said:

If it is just athlete's foot then I've found vinegar to be surprisingly effective. Soak in a bowl once a day for about 15 minutes in a reasonably dilute solution, then dry thoroughly (hair dryer). It sorted out my daughter's athlete's foot when nothing else, including prescription creams, had any effect.

But I'm not a quack, this is not medical advice, and "swollen toes with dark blotches under the skin" doesn't sound like athlete's foot to me.

• Cheers 1

I had a bad case of it in between one toe. 

I can recommend Daktarin Gold - use it twice a day. You have to buy it at the Pharmacy counter. It may also interact with some medication such as warfarin, so be sure to tell them any medication you are on.

You should notice a difference after 1 week.

---

I notice I wrote this reply further up a year ago lol. I still recommend the product. We have 2 tubes in the house.

---

Final note, blotchy patches could be a symptom of Covid-19. Get tested?

Do your toes look like this? https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/coronavirus/covid-toes

• Informative 1

nirvana
14 hours ago, 201p said:

Final note, blotchy patches could be a symptom of Covid-19. Get tested?

Do your toes look like this? https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/coronavirus/covid-toes

Blimey it is a bit like that! The purpley swelling :S

Yikes I might have Covid....I'll be off on my bike soon.....if I don't make it back been nice knowing you all xD