• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Anglepoise

Syria- 5 British soldiers killed?

Five BrFive British servicemen were killed in shelling by Daesh terrorist group in Syrian Deir ez-Zor province, media reported citing local sources.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201901091071345896-syria-daesh-shelling-deir-ezzor/?utm_source=push&utm_medium=browser_notification&utm_campaign=sputnik_inter_en

Five British S

Five British Servicemen Killed After Shelling by Terrorists in Syria - Reports

© Sputnik / Mikhail Alayeddin

ervicemen Killed After Shelling by Terrorists in Syria - Reports

©

Five 

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought we only had "advisors" there.

It's surprising how many conflicts there are in which we seem to be involved on the quiet.

Apparently hundreds of similar Russian "mercenaries" in Syria.  Accidentally went up against US regs and lots ended up in the St Petersburg military hospital.  Wasn't it in all the papers?

Edited by Harley

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Apparently hundreds of similar Russian "mercenaries" in Syria.  Accidentally went up against US regs and lots ended up in the St Petersburg military hospital.  Wasn't it in all the papers?

no main powers seem to want to go toe to toe with each other,the russians,iranians us the yanks both sides are useing unauthodox tactics and troops ie kurds,mercineries allies islamic millitants and both lots of syrians.no doubt the saudis,jews are involved ,i want us to pull out of this one and to see this arab spring fail.

8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought we only had "advisors" there.

It's surprising how many conflicts there are in which we seem to be involved on the quiet.

Social media activity of things like supply regiments and transport air wings make very interesting reading with some of the destinations.

I've suspected for a long time that our influence in the world, or certainly that of those who reside here, is grossly understated.  

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

Social media activity of things like supply regiments and transport air wings make very interesting reading with some of the destinations.

I've suspected for a long time that our influence in the world, or certainly that of those who reside here, is grossly understated.  

The people I knew way back who were in the special forces seemed to always have something to do and somewhere to go. Even when “we” weren’t involved officially in anything.

1 hour ago, Wig said:

Hired killers taking some return fire, how is this news?

I suppose if you regard British soldiers as scum then it wouldn't be.  Most people, including the soldiers themselves, view them as defending the UK and its interests.

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I suppose if you regard British soldiers as scum then it wouldn't be.  Most people, including the soldiers themselves, view them as defending the UK and its interests.

Top Ho, to them. They may have to uphold situations, with which they personally disagree, in some dodgy circumstances That's up to the politicians though.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Top Ho, to them. They may have to uphold situations, with which they personally disagree, in some dodgy circumstances That's up to the politicians though.

Yes.  I wonder if @Wig would have viewed the first day of the Somme as not news because it was just 20,000 "hired killers" that died.

Were they killed by "Daesh" mortar fire ?

Or actully killed by some other group (like syrian regular army" ) mortar fire 

whilst embeded with islamist rebel groups? 

You wont get the truth on this.

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

Were they killed by "Daesh" mortar fire ?

Or actully killed by some other group (like syrian regular army" ) mortar fire 

whilst embeded with islamist rebel groups? 

You wont get the truth on this.

Or maybe it never happened. Apart from Sputnik news, there's no confirmation.

1 minute ago, Anglepoise said:

Or maybe it never happened. Apart from Sputnik news, there's no confirmation.

"Daesh" probably couldnt even muster a 5 minute shelling now.

More likely syrian regular army artillery salvo onto islamist terrorist positions.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes.  I wonder if @Wig would have viewed the first day of the Somme as not news because it was just 20,000 "hired killers" that died.

Shouldn't be a problem once the army is full of snowflakes..   they'll be too busy writing to their MPs about harsh working conditions to go toe to toe with armed opposition.

12 hours ago, stokiescum said:

no main powers seem to want to go toe to toe with each other,the russians,iranians us the yanks both sides are useing unauthodox tactics and troops ie kurds,mercineries allies islamic millitants and both lots of syrians.no doubt the saudis,jews are involved ,i want us to pull out of this one and to see this arab spring fail.

Plausible deniability.  You trying to put people out of well paid work?

Mate back from elsewhere was saying how he/she used to get mortared pretty much every time said took a shower!  Very not bothered!

PS:  Meanwhile our local stabby stabby back stabbers would be sh*tting themselves like the nothings they are.  Not that they'll be man enough to get that far.

Edited by Harley

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Id wait til its reported.

If they reported half the stuff, our good people would freak out upon realising what a safe cocoon they live in.  But maybe also behave a bit better to protect their good fortune.  There are some real operational and back office heroes out there in a wide range of organisations.  Chaotic and full of mistakes but kinda works most of the time.  Anyone in doubt should spend a night in any of a number of sh*tholes around the world.

1 minute ago, Harley said:

If they reported half the stuff, our good people would freak out upon realising what a safe cocoon they live in.  But maybe also behave a bit better to protect their good fortune.  There are some real operational and back office heroes out there in a wide range of organisations.  Chaotic and full of mistakes but kinda works most of the time.  Anyone in doubt should spend a night in any of a number of sh*tholes around the world.

They report all deaths, even in places like Syria.

What were British forces doing in someone else's sovereign nation? I don't think we would be best pleased to find Syrian forces operating in Kent. 

The Russians are the only foreign military in Syria legally, as they were invited there by the government. 

4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

What were British forces doing in someone else's sovereign nation? I don't think we would be best pleased to find Syrian forces operating in Kent. 

The Russians are the only foreign military in Syria legally, as they were invited there by the government. 

Best you don't know.

BTW, don't you have fruit pickers in Kent?

I'm guessing it was Assad's troops as the Deir ez-zor city was one of the few loyalist holdouts, under siege for 2 years and bombed by the yanks a few times. Don't suppose they are fans of western troops.

It does look like ISIS is still operating in the area and had a small battle south of the city recently.

4 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Bit racist mate?