• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

1 minute ago, maudit said:

In cases like this there must be a feeder/enabler? If she is bed bound how does she still stay so fat, someone is bringing her lots of food. And presumably she is not working so who is paying for the vast quantities of food she is eating. Should be put on liquid very low calorie diet until she is a normal weight.

Sadly, it is her 19 year old daughter who is “looking after” her.  She will have been conditioned to do it from an early age. Sad for the young woman who will not get a life of her own. 

The money?  Who knows. 

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

She volunteers at a food bank and community hub, and her husband works full-time in two jobs, .....
So she doesn't work? 

But she does, for free, at a food bank.  I'm confused.

Edited by Harley

Desperate hunger for publicity by do gooders more like 

How many people have food banks saved from starving to death ? 

answer zero 

Edited by Malthus

1 minute ago, One percent said:

That must be one of the most depressing pictures ever. 

Both tapping away on Tinder...

Looking for Mr RIGHT. Must be 6ft 2, homeowner, earn at least £55k, athletic, and know how to treat a Princess like she deserves. Losers need NOT apply. 

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

If a decent element of benefits was paid in food stamps only redeemable for food at food banks rather than takeaways then people on benefits (excepting those suffering the dreadful administrative delay in receiving Universal Credit) would never go hungry; similarly if a portion were earmarked for rent (and only spendable on that) they wouldn't lose their home through not paying the rent, and if another portion were again only spendable on utility bills then nobody would go cold.

This wouldn't leave a lot of personal choice in how their benefits money is spent but everybody would be housed, fed, and warm.  Which is surely the aim rather than expecting people to all be able to budget perfectly and so achieve the same aim.

Excellent ideas.  Totally doable if you use a proper implementation team and leadership.

Would also clarify what is really going on without all this rubbish, or not, MSM stuff.

I wonder if HRMC do a big data exercise and run through their bank statements to analyse spending (and income!)?

Edited by Harley

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Indeed.

The picture of 2019 Starving Britain.

8325828-6574553-5_mins_47_Claire_and_Jas

In fairness she never claimed to be starving but what a life for her daughter who has been her carer since the age of 11.

17 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No.

You could do OK to very well in the pub trade until about 2002, when Enterise Inns and Punch Tawverns got toether with some spiv city type and invested secutirisation for pub cos.

They biorrowed huge sums of money, paid double the price for pubs, then fucked up, dumping all the pain and losses on the poor dumb fuckers who took o nthe leases.

Yup, Greene King (tied).

https://whatpub.com/pubs/HAS/00226/old-beams-inn-ibsley

Freehold pubs still doing well. Disused hotel near me just sold for £1.9m, they're going to turn it into a freehold gastropub.

18 minutes ago, maudit said:

In cases like this there must be a feeder/enabler? If she is bed bound how does she still stay so fat, someone is bringing her lots of food. And presumably she is not working so who is paying for the vast quantities of food she is eating. Should be put on liquid very low calorie diet until she is a normal weight.

Agreed. My relative has a husband and last year due to family worries I approached him to offer ideas to help her to lose weight. The reason I done that was because I sense he doesn’t like me so there was nothing to lose for me. He was very angry, made it clear it was none of my business and didn’t speak to me directly for months although he’s a bit more civil now. 

I said to the family members that if/when she dies prematurely (as we expect) I’ll have no sympathy whatsoever for her husband if he’s crying about her demise. He’s enabling her to eat herself to death!

24 minutes ago, One percent said:

That must be one of the most depressing pictures ever. 

I'm sure she has a list of 'woe is me' stories to rattle off to explain her huge weight. But to strip your own daughter of their childhood and adolescence is incredibly selfish. Ghastly woman.

5 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Agreed. My relative has a husband and last year due to family worries I approached him to offer ideas to help her to lose weight. The reason I done that was because I sense he doesn’t like me so there was nothing to lose for me. He was very angry, made it clear it was none of my business and didn’t speak to me directly for months although he’s a bit more civil now. 

I said to the family members that if/when she dies prematurely (as we expect) I’ll have no sympathy whatsoever for her husband if he’s crying about her demise. He’s enabling her to eat herself to death!

Some people don't like others pointing out their failings and to save face will refuse to accept help, even it is free and in good faith.

1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

whatever happened to the idea of living within your means?

People have a sense of Entitlement these days.

They got to have a nice phone, a nice car, a holiday abroad, new clothes, Sky, Fags, Scratch cards and all the rest.

17 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yup, Greene King (tied).

https://whatpub.com/pubs/HAS/00226/old-beams-inn-ibsley

Freehold pubs still doing well. Disused hotel near me just sold for £1.9m, they're going to turn it into a freehold gastropub.

I saw a Punch Taverns price list.

The LL could have bought his bottles of beer cheaper at tescos 100m away, for about 1./3 less.

You have to question how bent/corrupt./useless an org is that manages to make wholesale prices of commodity booze more than retail.

20 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm sure she has a list of 'woe is me' stories to rattle off to explain her huge weight. But to strip your own daughter of their childhood and adolescence is incredibly selfish. Ghastly woman.

👍 I need more reps. xD

Just to bring a sort of stream of light.  I know at least two people who ate dry cornflakes for several weeks between jobs rather than conform to the system they despise.  Daemonised people you may avoid but who are well beyond red pilled and worth spending time with.

20 minutes ago, Harley said:

Just to bring a sort of stream of light.  I know at least two people who ate dry cornflakes for several weeks between jobs rather than conform to the system they despise.  Daemonised people you may avoid but who are well beyond red pilled and worth spending time with.

Yep, I have lived on pasta and tinned tomatoes for a while, couldn't afford rent or petrol etc. Most young people get themselves into that situation admittedly because of the costs of starting out (I was early twenties). I wasn't ever in the desperate situation that this lady claims to be in thankfully, but it's a grim place regardless. Personally I'm not fully convinced the safety nets that are in place are that strong - unless you commit to a life of bennies or commit fraud. I just hope I never have to find out!

The experience of having no money stays with you, even now I make sure to never have an empty fridge, and never put more than £20 of fuel in my car. Stupid really. O.o

Edit to add: The daughter in the above story should be receiving help from the government rather than the obese mother, she is the one who will be unemployable, depressed and probably homeless when her mum dies. Force her to do volunteering or something.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Indeed.

The picture of 2019 Starving Britain.

8325828-6574553-5_mins_47_Claire_and_Jas

OK, Im looking at the piccie again.

Can you see her virginia?

Or is it just her really fat thighs?

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

If it goes down to her knees then you are staring at it.

I think (and hope) that it doesn't.

25 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Thanks.  Just as I thought the photo couldn't get any worse.....

So much for my early night!

Edited by Harley