• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
This Time

Does anyone actually like patterned toilet roll?

Just now, One percent said:

So, not concerned about you per se but what he would do if you passed. o.O

In a nutshell!

I’m not his friend. I’m his parent. My job is to steer him to self sufficiency in life and we’re getting there! He is polite and respectful towards me though. If he wasn’t he would have been told to leave.

My daughter was much easier to bring up and I had virtually no hassle from her growing up. She’s independent and we get on really well. I’m off to Edinburgh to visit her tomorrow and the home cooked lunch and evening meal menu sounds lovely. The outing organised sounds great too.

For years I thought my son would go down a wrong path whereas I never worried about that with my daughter.

4 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

In a nutshell!

I’m not his friend. I’m his parent. My job is to steer him to self sufficiency in life and we’re getting there! He is polite and respectful towards me though. If he wasn’t he would have been told to leave.

My daughter was much easier to bring up and I had virtually no hassle from her growing up. She’s independent and we get on really well. I’m off to Edinburgh to visit her tomorrow and the home cooked lunch and evening meal menu sounds lovely. The outing organised sounds great too.

For years I thought my son would go down a wrong path whereas I never worried about that with my daughter.

How is his apprenticeship going?  

For many years I selected a variety of hideously-pattrned loo rolls, so I could express my contempt for them in a direct and practical way before flushing.

Nowadays I conceal them under the ample nylon skirts of a Torremolinos flamenco dancer doll, which I display in my well-plumbed mini art gallery in an ironic, post-modernist manner.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

How is his apprenticeship going?  

Very well.

While I’m doubtful about the quality of modern apprenticeships he got a distinction in a practical and written test at the end of last year.

When he got signed up for the apprenticeship early last year he was very obviously motivated and told me he felt he was getting a chance in life. He has matured more from my perspective over the last six months

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

Very well.

While I’m doubtful about the quality of modern apprenticeships he got a distinction in a practical and written test at the end of last year.

When he got signed up for the apprenticeship early last year he was very obviously motivated and told me he felt he was getting a chance in life. He has matured more from my perspective over the last six months

Excellent. So pleased for him. 

There are quality (think traditional old school) apprenticeships out there  just need to sort the wheat from the chaff  seems like he has done that  

Just now, One percent said:

Excellent. So pleased for him. 

There are quality (think traditional old school) apprenticeships out there  just need to sort the wheat from the chaff  seems like he has done that  

The guys he works with are decent. He’s been offered some simple building work recently but said he’d rather wait until he has more experience and can be sure of doing the job correctly.

Son has been working as a labourer to brickies for around three years now and has picked a lot up. He’s looking forward to getting the full cut of the money when it’s divided out instead of a lower amount. The bit of paper will ensure that!

Just now, Van Lady said:

The guys he works with are decent. He’s been offered some simple building work recently but said he’d rather wait until he has more experience and can be sure of doing the job correctly.

Son has been working as a labourer to brickies for around three years now and has picked a lot up. He’s looking forward to getting the full cut of the money when it’s divided out instead of a lower amount. The bit of paper will ensure that!

Good on him. He has a good future ahead now that he is gaining a proper skill. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Good on him. He has a good future ahead now that he is gaining a proper skill. 

Yes, I feel very relieved that he is on track to get a bit of paper that will allow him access to making money from his skills. He’s also watching you tube videos posted by certified brickies and what they’re doing to earn money for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Yes, I feel very relieved that he is on track to get a bit of paper that will allow him access to making money from his skills. He’s also watching you tube videos posted by certified brickies and what they’re doing to earn money for themselves.

Sounds like he is pretty motivated by his chosen trade. All good. 

My mate’s son is an electrician. At 21 he was driving a bmw due largely to his private work. Good money to be made if you are willing bb

28 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

What, roll up to your neighbour's house with his washing?

I grew up in a council house. Neighbours had to share a path for reasons of economy.

59 minutes ago, eight said:

I grew up in a council house. Neighbours had to share a path for reasons of economy.

Me too, but end of terrace so we must have been posh, but with the next terrace just a few feet away it made a fantastic climbing wall. I went back recently and can't believe we used to dare each other to get the apex of the house and back down, but we did :-)

7 hours ago, One percent said:

Sounds like he is pretty motivated by his chosen trade. All good. 

My mate’s son is an electrician. At 21 he was driving a bmw due largely to his private work. Good money to be made if you are willing bb

???:CryBaby:. Just what is he up to?

8 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Anything practical is a good skill. The IT industry is shit and run by nobheads. Do make sure he buys trousers that fit, and don't show his bum crack

2 hours ago, ccc said:

Im surprised the UK hasn't moved towards the SE Asian style of arse wipery. Far more environmentally friendly and much better clean. Takes a wee bit getting used to but that's hardly a chore. 

https://www.twogreenbackpacks.com/how-to-use-a-butt-spray-in-se-asia/

how-to-use-bum-gun.jpg

Agreed this is best. There’s a yuck factor in it - picking up the sprayer which you know has been handled by people with shitty hands, and washing the shit off your arse if it’s messy, but no doubt with proper hand washing the results are way way better than anything that can be achieved with any kind of paper. 

20 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Agreed this is best. There’s a yuck factor in it - picking up the sprayer which you know has been handled by people with shitty hands, and washing the shit off your arse if it’s messy, but no doubt with proper hand washing the results are way way better than anything that can be achieved with any kind of paper. 

paper is never going to lead to a clean arse, you've got to wipe with a damp bit of paper or involve water in some way

21 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I would be incredibly embarrassed to have shit on my pants.

When I was in uni, we had a downstairs bathroom that also housed a shower cubicle. I went in for a piss and it noticed that my housemate appeared to have managed to have taken a shit and failed to wipe his arse properly, then had a shower and failed to wash his arse properly too, leaving a huge skidmark on his towel. It was the smell that actually alerted me in the first place. I pointed this out to him and he promptly removed it.
It's only occurred to me just now that it might have crossed his mind that I'd wiped my arse with his towel and told him to sort it out.

WTF.

Any grown adult leaving skidmarks in their keks needs to be having a serious word with themselves. Surely it's a prerequisite of adulthood to be able to wipe your arse properly.

The ramifications don't even bear thinking about, what happens if these people pull? Can you imagine getting down to business and discovering a set of pants that look like a faecal Jackson Pollock or worse...a pebbledashed underbollock?  Christ, you'd have to fucking emigrate to escape the shame.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

WTF.

Any grown adult leaving skidmarks in their keks needs to be having a serious word with themselves. Surely it's a prerequisite of adulthood to be able to wipe your arse properly.

The ramifications don't even bear thinking about, what happens if these people pull? Can you imagine getting down to business and discovering a set of pants that look like a faecal Jackson Pollock or worse...a pebbledashed underbollock?  Christ, you'd have to fucking emigrate to escape the shame.

His girlfriend lived with us!