• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Maggots

It's the DM again. If you are a lawyer, there's no reason why the loss of a couple of limbs would stop you talking out of your arse for money. If you get maggots, cut them out with a kitchen knife, and use a soldering iron. I thought maggots were used to cure infections.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's the DM again. If you are a lawyer, there's no reason why the loss of a couple of limbs would stop you talking out of your arse for money. If you get maggots, cut them out with a kitchen knife, and use a soldering iron. I thought maggots were used to cure infections.

Maggots are used to remove the dead flesh, and only the dead flesh.

Honey is used. To prevent reinfection.

Or you can spend a fortune on wasteful surgery and antibiotics.

3 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Maggots are used to remove the dead flesh, and only the dead flesh.

Honey is used. To prevent reinfection.

Or you can spend a fortune on wasteful surgery and antibiotics.

YES, and eat a ton of beetroots, until your piss turns purple.

That's horrific.

Suffering from that is going to age you; poor woman.

I see a lot of disabled or needing assistance people on cruises as it's a holiday where you get a glorious changing vista just sitting on your balcony.  Absolutely fair play to them and I hope to be doing the same if I am similarly affected but there is no way that the crew will be able to cope in a sinking when the lifts are all out.

All from a cut in the leg? I read the article but did she have underlying issues anyway before - or did they come after?

10 minutes ago, ste said:

All from a cut in the leg? I read the article but did she have underlying issues anyway before - or did they come after?

Obesity?

Bad lifestyle, diet, alcohol abuse?

The legal profession is renowned for lavish lunches.

15 minutes ago, ste said:

I think you are right. No healthy person usually gets maggots.

I read this earlier.

Im not sure.

One she was never a lawyer - on being called to the bar sge took time out to .... teach a level law at an fe college

That had me pondering.

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Never heard of it seems real. But ... going from that to having a maggot filled leg is wierd - if her leg was swollen and damaged shed be having home visits and whatnot.

Poor woman though.

Im nit sure why she sued the college. Surely it was her fault?

3 hours ago, ste said:

You mean poor circulation down to being hefty. Possibly.

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's horrific.

Suffering from that is going to age you; poor woman.

I see a lot of disabled or needing assistance people on cruises as it's a holiday where you get a glorious changing vista just sitting on your balcony.  Absolutely fair play to them and I hope to be doing the same if I am similarly affected but there is no way that the crew will be able to cope in a sinking when the lifts are all out.

Also a week on a cruise ship is cheaper than a week in a care home, apparantly true for US, many oaps retire to a cruise ship, will catch on here soon.

13 hours ago, Option5 said:

Obesity?

Bad lifestyle, diet, alcohol abuse?

The legal profession is renowned for lavish lunches.

At a guess, and agree with comments this is a really horrific case....

1. A sedentary lifestyle right from the off, studying for and then practicing law.

2. A hunger gene  as a double whammy for obesity leading to circulation issues.

3. Cut leads to ulcer, incapacitation caused by one ulcer leads to heightened circulation issues and ulcer on second leg.

4. You can't wash an ulcer hence maggots. I'd guess contact with a fly is extremely rare though.

Edited by crashmonitor

3 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

At a guess, and agree with comments this is a really horrific case....

1. A sedentary lifestyle right from the off, studying for and then practicing law.

2. A hunger gene  as a double whammy for obesity leading to circulation issues.

3. Cut leads to ulcer, incapacitation caused by one ulcer leads to heightened circulation issues and ulcer on second leg.

4. You can't wash an ulcer hence maggots. I'd guess contact with a fly is extremely rare though.

She only managed studying.

Id add poor circulation and piss poor cardio fitness from being a lazy heifer.

Yhe fat lazy heffers who work - in the loosest term   - with mrs spy have never ending of health issues from being fat lazy fuckers.

Edited by spygirl

15 minutes ago, spygirl said:

She only managed studying.

Id add poor circulation and piss poor cardio fitness from being a lazy heifer.

Yhe fat lazy heffers who work - in the loosest term   - with mrs spy have never ending of health issues from being fat lazy fuckers.

I had circulation issues when younger from desk work. Never sought medical advice but we are talking blue and then white fingers and cold feet. Surprisingly now, in my fifties, nothing  so it's curable with above levels of exercise.

18 hours ago, ste said:

She might be a smart lawyer, but she didn't know the first thing about hygiene, medicine or first aid - just like the person that wrote the caption for the photo of the initial wound.

No wound is innocuous.  All breaks in the skin have the potential to become infected.  Any cut, no matter how small, must be properly cleaned as soon as possible.

Many, many, years ago, my mother was a nurse.  Any cut like that would have received the dreaded tweezer / nailbrush and dettol treatment, followed by a dressing with an order not to get it wet or dirty.

I still follow this advice as an adult.  I have (acidentally) sawn my hand open and after falling over whilst running on a gravel path, had a hand full of grit (literally, in the palm of my hand).  None of my cuts have ever got infected.

(I believe cuts to the shin can be more problematic due to the relatively low blood flow in the area, but I am not 100% sure of this.)

Cleaning those wounds hurt like hell, but I expect her leg hurt more.

1 hour ago, Lipid said:

She might be a smart lawyer, but she didn't know the first thing about hygiene, medicine or first aid - just like the person that wrote the caption for the photo of the initial wound.

No wound is innocuous.  All breaks in the skin have the potential to become infected.  Any cut, no matter how small, must be properly cleaned as soon as possible.

Many, many, years ago, my mother was a nurse.  Any cut like that would have received the dreaded tweezer / nailbrush and dettol treatment, followed by a dressing with an order not to get it wet or dirty.

I still follow this advice as an adult.  I have (acidentally) sawn my hand open and after falling over whilst running on a gravel path, had a hand full of grit (literally, in the palm of my hand).  None of my cuts have ever got infected.

(I believe cuts to the shin can be more problematic due to the relatively low blood flow in the area, but I am not 100% sure of this.)

Cleaning those wounds hurt like hell, but I expect her leg hurt more.

Dettol. Pah! Girl.

Ive always got a bottle of surgical spirits. Its fucking magic - kills every living bug dead.

14 hours ago, spygirl said:

Dettol. Pah! Girl.

Ive always got a bottle of surgical spirits. Its fucking magic - kills every living bug dead.

Surgical spirits. Pah!

I bite off the top of a bullet, pour the black powder in, light it and grunt.

4 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Surgical spirits. Pah!

Gun powder doesnt disinfect.

It only cauterises.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well, only if you drink it. And thats mainly tramps, so no real loss ....

I missed the train home once and ended up drinking surgical spirit and black currant cordial in a banks “lobby service” overnight, with a bunch of tramps. It’s rough but it does the job!

Edited by Hail the Tripod

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I missed the train home once and ended up drinking surgical spirit and black currant cordial in a banks “lobby service” overnight, with a bunch of tramps. It’s rough but it does the job!

Poofy southern cocktail / wine bar tramps 

6 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Surgical spirits. Pah!

That's completely true, isn't it.