• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

What does Remain mean

What will Remain mean?

No one knew what leave meant, so it's fair assumption we don't know what the consequences of rescinding article 50 will be?
Is that something we can do ourselves or does the EU have to agree that too?

1. Euro
2. End of subsidies
3. Continued unlimited benefit sucking by the rest of the planet and EU
4. Continued sending abroad of money by non-UK workers which kills the discretionary spending power for the economy

21 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

One outcome nobody is interested in talking about within MSM.

The growing reality of an EU Army with conscription for 18-24 year olds.

Surely not?

xD

Yes what are the Remain alternatives. 

What are the deals available with Remain.  Since the referendum all the so called deals have been to do with "Brexit".  

There are no deals available with Remain now as far as I'm aware (Cameron had a so called deal in 2016 which was voted on in the referendum - that deal was cancelled after the vote) and during the eu referendum it was very much the case of Leave now or forever be under the eu thumb taking whatever they wanted to dish out - in perpetuity.  

Typically - eu army, euro, continued uncontrolled immigration from the eu mainland, ee states and from anybody who just managed to get onto eu soil, acceptance of all new directives from the eu, further loss of sovereignty and no more referendums and so on and so on...........................

Edited by twocents

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

What will Remain mean?

No one knew what leave meant, so it's fair assumption we don't know what the consequences of rescinding article 50 will be?

1. Euro
2. End of subsidies
4. Continued sending abroad of money by non-UK workers which kills the discretionary spending power for the economy

This..

With the EU you have to watch the hands,  not the mouth.

despite their keenness to be seen as happy to welcome us back with open arms,   I expect they would see it as a sign of desperation on our part and immediately milk it for everything they can.

My guess would be closer integration and no special treatment...   so pretty much what you have outlined above.

In a way though,  I agree..  if the Euro project is going to be successful everybody needs to be committed and they need to sort out the Euro properly.  The UK always fought to retard this ambition.  I think Remain don't realise that remain probably means as much change as leaving..  but I agree we have to do one or the other. 

What will Remain mean?

1. Euro
2. End of subsidies

"Remain means Remain"

(just being facetious and taking the piss out of that dreadful incompetent May.)

FWIW, I agree that all the points you mention would be high on the agenda of the EU high command, should the UK seek to revoke Article 50 (and it seems that these points have totally escaped the remainer media, luvvies and other assorted useful idiots. Or maybe not? :ph34r: )

10 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

"Remain means Remain"

(just being facetious and taking the piss out of that dreadful incompetent May.)

FWIW, I agree that all the points you mention would be high on the agenda of the EU high command, should the UK seek to revoke Article 50 (and it seems that these points have totally escaped the remainer media, luvvies and other assorted useful idiots. Or maybe not? :ph34r: )

This is what I think people will say and then be confused and angry when remain means more use of vaseline than the negotiation nonsense that led to the EU's deal (It's not May's deal really)

35 minutes ago, Libspero said:

This..

With the EU you have to watch the hands,  not the mouth.

despite their keenness to be seen as happy to welcome us back with open arms,   I expect they would see it as a sign of desperation on our part and immediately milk it for everything they can.

My guess would be closer integration and no special treatment...   so pretty much what you have outlined above.

In a way though,  I agree..  if the Euro project is going to be successful everybody needs to be committed and they need to sort out the Euro properly.  The UK always fought to retard this ambition.  I think Remain don't realise that remain probably means as much change as leaving..  but I agree we have to do one or the other. 

Precisely 

What will Remain mean?

1. Euro
2. End of subsidies

I have posted a number of times on this subject since the 2016 Referendum. The MSM has singularly failed to ask these questions  in any interviews with Remain supporters. We know Tony Blair wanted to join the Euro but what about the rest of them.

2 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

One outcome nobody is interested in talking about within MSM.

The growing reality of an EU Army with conscription for 18-24 year olds.

If war starts it will be in the east so all millennials can look forward to Christmas on the Russian front.

Remain means uncertainty

Will our rebate be renewed when EU budgets are fixed in a year or so, or will we lose it?

Will a EU-wide military force be created, and how will that conflict with our NATO obligations, and will we lose control of our nuclear deterrent?

Will we be obliged to prop up the Euro again, due to our membership of the ECB, even though the Euro is not our currency?

Will we be dragged into fiscal union with the Eurozone?

Will we be dragged into tax union with the Eurozone?

Will there be further ersion of our sovereignty by countries such as Germany unilaterlally deciding the EU immigration policy?

Will we be obliged to further support the economies of failing EU nations, caused by the corrupt and selective application of fiscal rules to benefit France & Germany?

If we remain outside the Eurozone, will the UK be treated as a second-class EU member?

2 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

Surely not?

xD

Clegg was only partially lying. The eu army as an individual entity is probably not on the cards yet. The plan would appear to be more along the lines of 'sharing' resources and 'working together' with other national armies. The UK has already been signed into military and intelligence cooperation agreements with France and the eu (with a secure direct link to Brussels) has been present in RAF Northwood in the Multinational HQ for some years https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/northwood-headquarters/northwood-headquarters

This drive toward centralised influence over national armies in the short to medium term could mean foreign governments issuing commands to British troops. A sinister implication is the possibility of foreign troops either under the command of national or regional (eu?) governments being used to quell disquiet amongst indigenous populations. It's subtle and by the back door stuff and is already underway. Even the likes of JRM, Farage and David Davies will change the subject very quickly when questioned about this. UK Column are big on this and their journos have done a lot of work on it, but don't expect to see much coverage of the issue on the So-Called BBC

3006993-1300.jpg?auto=compress,format&cr

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

I think Remain don't realise that remain probably means as much change as leaving.

They have become so rabid in their hatred of leave voters that they would happily accept being sodimised by a star incrusted 27” dildo.