• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spygirl

We are women, we are strong ....

Recommended Posts

Im guessing onesie and sarah will be busy today ...

Women's March: 30 countries set to take part in third global protest

Women to march against violence and austerity with UK rally likely to have anti-Brexit tone

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/18/womens-march-30-countries-set-to-take-part-in-third-global-protest

Women in more than 30 countries around the world are expected to gather on Saturday as part of the global Women’s March, to protest against violence against women and the impact of policies of austerity.

In London thousands are expected to gather outside Portland Place in central London at 12.30pm and march to Trafalgar Square by 1.30pm, ending in a two-hour rally.

Saturday marks the third anniversary of the first Women’s March in 2017, when as many as 6 million people around the world gathered in protest at the election of Donald Trump as president of the United States. Last year thousands gathered in central London for the Time’s Up rally, in honour of the campaign against sexual harassment and honouring the #MeToo movement.

While the global theme of the 2019 Women’s Wave is ending violence against women and girls, the theme of the London march has been named “bread and roses”, in honour of the Polish-born American suffragette and workers’ rights campaigner Rose Schneiderman and reflects marchers’ “hunger to thrive and not just survive on bread”, said organisers. After the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire of 1911 where 146 mainly female garment-industry workers died, Schneiderman declared: “The worker must have bread, but she must have roses, too.”

Eh?

Why stop at Trump and austerity? Theres's spiders, parallel parking, tight bottle tops, not being able to pee standing up, size 10 being to osmall in certain shops etc etc etc.

Som, the focus is on a woman for an obscure industrial accident over 100 years ago, in NY FFS.

How about Piper Alpha? Weve just passed the 30th anniversary. 167 blokes died on that. All because they had to work and pay tax so mainly women can sit around on benefits and get 70% of the health care provision.

Instead of protesting about austerity, why not protest for a lower tax take, so people cna keep more of their earned money rather than the state wasting it? I cant see why wimmin would object to that - after taxation is theft of peoples money and time.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, spygirl said:

n London thousands are expected to gather outside Portland Place in central London at 12.30pm and march to Trafalgar Square by 1.30pm, ending in a two-hour rally

Bet most of them will be late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Bet most of them will be late.

And pissed, as demonstrations are little more than entertainment for the idle, and rarely achieve anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Scoop of the century indeed:

Firewomen have posted pictures of themselves on social media after a 4-year-old girl from London said she thought only men could sign up.

Strange how Hannah doesn't remember her millennial childhood and fire fighter Penny Morris from that all time favourite childrens TV series fireman sam.

Anyway can't let that get in the way of a good virtue signalling tweet even though the world is full of books with Penny in them.

823319472_Screenshot-2019-1-19Firewomenprovetheyexisttolittlegirl.png.4fd65fd1b6766f04e36c524715f643c0.png

Anyway for Ms Summers benefit, fire-fighter Morris first appeared in 1990 and became a full time fire-fighter in 1992 and is the main driver of Venus.

Unfortunately for the 21st century she is a natural blonde.

1202798193_FirefighterPennyMorris.jpg.0921a1fa48750c588fbc2c143571ebbd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I wonder if the So-Called BBC could name me how many professions in the UK that aren't open to females.

I've not seen a woman on the bins.

Presumably because they don't want to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Strange how Hannah doesn't remember her millennial childhood and fire fighter Penny Morris from that all time favourite childrens TV series fireman sam.

Anyway can't let that get in the way of a good virtue signalling tweet even though the world is full of books with Penny in them.

823319472_Screenshot-2019-1-19Firewomenprovetheyexisttolittlegirl.png.4fd65fd1b6766f04e36c524715f643c0.png

Anyway for Ms Summers benefit, fire-fighter Morris first appeared in 1990 and became a full time fire-fighter in 1992 and is the main driver of Venus.

Unfortunately for the 21st century she is a natural blonde.

1202798193_FirefighterPennyMorris.jpg.0921a1fa48750c588fbc2c143571ebbd.jpg

Sexist stuff from Trumpton here. Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've not seen a woman on the bins.

Presumably because they don't want to do it.

Haven't seen a female fatberg shoveller. Tbh I haven't seen a male one either, what with them living underground n'all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

Haven't seen a female fatberg shoveller. Tbh I haven't seen a male one either, what with them living underground n'all.

True.

I do however regularly see binmen out working both in my street and on my drive to work and unless there is never any staff turnover I will have seen a lot over the years and none have been women; even the self-identifying type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

There are probably many jobs that you have never seen a Women do but I am sure that there are few if any that would bar a Woman from applying.

Agreed.

I however think that it is down to fundamental differences between the sexes as to why some jobs are exclusively, or near as damnit, done by men or done by women.

I don't agree that it's down to gender conditioning by society that men are binmen and women work in nurseries. It's biological; which includes how the brain works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Agreed.

I however think that it is down to fundamental differences between the sexes as to why some jobs are exclusively, or near as damnit, done by men or done by women.

I don't agree that it's down to gender conditioning by society that men are binmen and women work in nurseries. It's biological; which includes how the brain works.

I've got a rule which is that I won't do a job that I've seen a women do. I ended up in the building trade, there are no women doing my job. The only women I've seen have been civil engineers and admin staff. Ive heard of a few affirmative action apprentice hires but they soon move on when they find out how hard it is. There are no women doing hard physical or dangerous labour, none.

Edit: I get the impression that women in the army of fire service are covered by their male colleagues. That doesn't work in the private sector where everyone is working as hard as they can to earn a $. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I've got a rule which is that I won't do a job that I've seen a women do. I ended up in the building trade, there are no women doing my job. The only women I've seen have been civil engineers and admin staff. Ive heard of a few affirmative action apprentice hires but they soon move on when they find out how hard it is. There are no women doing hard physical or dangerous labour, none.

Edit: I get the impression that women in the army of fire service are covered by their male colleagues. That doesn't work in the private sector where everyone is working as hard as they can to earn a $. 

That's a rather odd rule!

Though I take the point that women in jobs where physical strength is required are going to be placing a burden upon their male colleagues.

I've only ever been an office worker so generally the jobs are carried out equally by men and women with any differences in performance down to intelligence, character and attitude rather than sex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.