DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Chinese takeaway...

spygirl

Chinese Ex economics professor who had worked for national bank estimated 1.7%.

Before the Government censored him anyway, he will be back on message now!

5 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I can remember a few years ago, you could buy Chinese made bathroom taps for less than the scrap value.

But would you want to?

Bobthebuilder
7 hours ago, One percent said:

But would you want to?

No, they are crap of course.

I was on a job today, brand new heating controls made in China, didnt work, brand new straight out the box.

Even if we believe the official statistics without hesitation, do we need to subtract the inflation rate (officially 2.4%) to get an indication of whether China is more wealthy than it was last year?

To be honest, these kinds of stories (h/t ToS) suggest that the average Chinese consumer is going backwards, rather than getting richer at a slower pace.

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

No, they are crap of course.

I was on a job today, brand new heating controls made in China, didnt work, brand new straight out the box.

I wonder if in some areas the quality will drop even further. They are already under massive pressure to make 'stuff' at the lowest cost and that pressure is about to increase.

6 minutes ago, null; said:

I wonder if in some areas the quality will drop even further. They are already under massive pressure to make 'stuff' at the lowest cost and that pressure is about to increase.

For stuff like taps and switches, I make a determined effort to buy British. It’s a couple of the things left that we actually manufacture. 

Archived