• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Guy

Blood Moon?

I watched the last of the silver crescent disappearing about 4.40, it was a clear still night, excellent weather for it.

Not very red though, more of a dim Neon orange.

Hi! lunarnaut Tim Peake here!

It's a Hypersonic Supergirl Vampire Monster Killer Moon, according to the So-Called BBC website, where the 'science' journalists hacks know everything.

I have seen the Moon, I have been in space! It looks even bigger when you get near to it!

Not as big as space though, which is even bigger the Moon!

Did I mention I'm an astronaut?

Tim

9 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Hi! lunarnaut Tim Peake here!

It's a Hypersonic Supergirl Vampire Monster Killer Moon, according to the So-Called BBC website, where the 'science' journalists hacks know everything.

I have seen the Moon, I have been in space! It looks even bigger when you get near to it!

Not as big as space though, which is even bigger the Moon!

Did I mention I'm an astronaut?

Tim

Thanks Tim!

Can you estimate it's size in fractions of "the size of Wales". I like to be exact!

Failing that the number of "bus lengths" will have to do. ;)

51 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Thanks Tim!

Can you estimate it's size in fractions of "the size of Wales". I like to be exact!

Failing that the number of "bus lengths" will have to do. ;)

Hi!

I am not sure what a bus is, but the Space Shuttle was a 'Space bus'!

I went to both ends of the Space Shuttle, and the Moon did not appear any nearer! The Moon is very far away, and big!

Did you know that if you hold your arm out, you can cover the Moon with your thumb?

Now imagine a very big thumb! That's how big the Moon is!

I love exclamation marks!
Did I mention I was on the Space Shuttle?

Saying 'beep' and 'over' to y'all!

Tim

46 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

after fog made the blood wolf moon invisible I saw a big fireball this morning @6.30, biggest I've seen broke into many pieces - brexit omen ? also conjunction of jupiter and venus was good to see

Was that Tim's space shuttle crashing to Earth whilst he answered questions from school kids in Hull?

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Was that Tim's space shuttle crashing to Earth whilst he answered questions from school kids in Hull?

don't think so, there was a bikini floating down as well so could have been another of these chinese instagrammers