DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

And this is what happens if you treat your workers like shit

One percent

xD

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6616727/Digger-driver-smashes-way-new-Travelodge-hotel-bizarre-rampage.html

This is the shocking moment a digger driver smashes into a newly built Travelodge hotel in a furious rampage over an alleged £600 unpaid wage bill.

Footage shows the orange digger ploughing into the hotel at Liverpool Innovation Park on Edge Lane shortly before 3pm today.

A number of workers can be seen cheering on the driver while videoing the incident on their phones - with others appearing to try to stop him.

One person can be heard shouting on the footage, saying: 'That's what happens when people don't pay your wages, mate. 

What an amateur..he could of at least used a 30T machine, that 5T is kids stuff!...seriously though, when you drive people to the point where they have got little to lose (I.e. insecure shelter, limited social life, insecure future etc), then they have got little to lose by such anti social activities..if the wealth divide continues to increase we will see these actions more often.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

SThe real story here is the number of Premier Inns and Travelodges being built.

I can’t decide why. I’m guessing people having to work away from home more   Dunno though 

sleepwello'nights

I wouldn't be praising him for causing the wanton damage he has. Pathetic to cause so much damage over a dispute with his employer. Not only will he not now be paid he risks a prison sentence and a bill for the damage. Even if he doesn't have the money to pay any damages awarded against him it will follow him on his credit record and his reputation will suffer. He may find it difficult to get employment in the future.

A stupid thing to have done. I'm sure he is regretting his actions. 

UnconventionalWisdom
Just now, sleepwello'nights said:

I wouldn't be praising him for causing the wanton damage he has. Pathetic to cause so much damage over a dispute with his employer. Not only will he not now be paid he risks a prison sentence and a bill for the damage. Even if he doesn't have the money to pay any damages awarded against him it will follow him on his credit record and his reputation will suffer. He may find it difficult to get employment in the future.

Like most things in life, people need to focus on the outcome. Did this help the guy get what he wanted... No. So didn't achieve what he wanted. 

reformed nice guy
4 hours ago, One percent said:

I can’t decide why. I’m guessing people having to work away from home more   Dunno though 

Lots of money to be made providing "temporary accommodation" to illegal immigrants 

5 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I wouldn't condone his actions, either, but think of it like this: the only reason we have half-decent labour laws, rather than actual slavery, is that occasionally someone does something irrational, stupid and illegal. Whether that's the Tolpuddle martyrs, or some loon who has just got fed up enough not to care, that irrationality creates a credible threat (or at least uncertainty), which others can use (perhaps implicitly) in negotiations with employers. The gentleman with a digger may not be a moral for the ages, but "pointless self-sacrifice", and indeed martyrdom, can be enormously powerful as rallying-points, even if you disregard their religious significance.

Democorruptcy
20 hours ago, One percent said:

xD

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6616727/Digger-driver-smashes-way-new-Travelodge-hotel-bizarre-rampage.html

This is the shocking moment a digger driver smashes into a newly built Travelodge hotel in a furious rampage over an alleged £600 unpaid wage bill.

Footage shows the orange digger ploughing into the hotel at Liverpool Innovation Park on Edge Lane shortly before 3pm today.

A number of workers can be seen cheering on the driver while videoing the incident on their phones - with others appearing to try to stop him.

One person can be heard shouting on the footage, saying: 'That's what happens when people don't pay your wages, mate. 

I posted a thread in off topic about it because I hadn't spotted your early pace!

You once told me everything was off topic! I can't win :(

3 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I posted a thread in off topic about it because I hadn't spotted your early pace!

You once told me everything was off topic! I can't win :(

Feck me. How did I manage to post in this tumbleweed forum. No wonder there were not many responses. o.O

40 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

I wouldn't condone his actions, either, but think of it like this: the only reason we have half-decent labour laws, rather than actual slavery, is that occasionally someone does something irrational, stupid and illegal. Whether that's the Tolpuddle martyrs, or some loon who has just got fed up enough not to care, that irrationality creates a credible threat (or at least uncertainty), which others can use (perhaps implicitly) in negotiations with employers. The gentleman with a digger may not be a moral for the ages, but "pointless self-sacrifice", and indeed martyrdom, can be enormously powerful as rallying-points, even if you disregard their religious significance.

This exactly.

If it wasn't for rash nutters acting against their immediate interests, we'd still be serfs working 7 days a week for the Lord of the Manor.

sleepwello'nights
26 minutes ago, wherebee said:

This exactly.

If it wasn't for rash nutters acting against their immediate interests, we'd still be serfs working 7 days a week for the Lord of the Manor.

You need to choose your battles. I cant agree that this was anything other than a petulant outburst that achieved very little.

1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

You need to choose your battles. I cant agree that this was anything other than a petulant outburst that achieved very little.

In this case, yes ... but I bet, if the same thing happens 3 or 4 more times this year, quite a few people on building sites will be surprised at how promptly their wages get paid.

4 hours ago, wherebee said:

This exactly.

We still are arent we?

19 hours ago, spygirl said:

SThe real story here is the number of Premier Inns and Travelodges being built.

They are meeting a demand and doing it very successfully.  I always stay in them for preference.

It depends what you want in a hotel; if you want to spend a lot of the day in the hotel then you want facilities, bar, evening entertainment and they're not for you.

I see a hotel as a bed so want a clean quiet room and don't want to pay a premium for lots of facilities that I won't use.

It's the purpose built chain hotel model that has worked very successfully in the US for decades; wherever it happens to be you know what you can expect.

Travelodges used to be second rate but over the last ?five years they have been doing them up and they are now up with Premier Inn. Though you need to check that your particular hotel has been refurbished.

34 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They are meeting a demand and doing it very successfully.  I always stay in them for preference.

It depends what you want in a hotel; if you want to spend a lot of the day in the hotel then you want facilities, bar, evening entertainment and they're not for you.

I see a hotel as a bed so want a clean quiet room and don't want to pay a premium for lots of facilities that I won't use.

It's the purpose built chain hotel model that has worked very successfully in the US for decades; wherever it happens to be you know what you can expect.

Travelodges used to be second rate but over the last ?five years they have been doing them up and they are now up with Premier Inn. Though you need to check that your particular hotel has been refurbished.

My gut feeling is that theres a bit of jigggery pokery about it.

If ive the business correct, theres a split between PI/TL and the building owner. PI/TL take on lease/contract whatever, and run the place.

I understand the4 appeal to a customer like me - do I want to spend a lot in cash to stay in a posh hotel, or medium cash to stay in some mad BnB with - gay owners,, hasbeen prossy, knocking shop ... or do i stay in plain vanilla bed n shower place and manage my cash spend better. Being a vegi the no  breakfast is a plus -

On 23/01/2019 at 05:51, Frank Hovis said:

It's why Motel One are very popular in Europe. The rooms are good (but small) and they have a decent lounge area that even Premier Inn don't get right.

Plus in Manchester / Glasgow ... they are cheaper than a Premier Inn as well...

I was at a social in a local non-posh hotel last night.

It felt so much like being in an episode of Channel 4's The Hotel: coaches in, Elvis impersonator as entertainment, tills not working properly, all the tables in the bar taken.

This is a hotel as a holiday destination in of itself where most of the holiday takes part in the hotel.  I have heard the term "leisure hotel" which is fairly apt.

The last evening I had like that was actually at The Grosvenor as was in Torquay; though having read the reviews we didn't stay there!

It's quite fun if you go with it and don't sit there being critical. Though I don't think I could manage a week of it.

On 23/01/2019 at 06:29, spygirl said:

I understand the4 appeal to a customer like me - do I want to spend a lot in cash to stay in a posh hotel, or medium cash to stay in some mad BnB with - gay owners,, hasbeen prossy, knocking shop ... or do i stay in plain vanilla bed n shower place and manage my cash spend better. Being a vegi the no  breakfast is a plus -

When I used to be away with work I told my boss he had to book PT/TL for us after a few too many interesting B&B owners. He was getting on a bit, think he liked staying in some nutter's house and getting breakfast made for him by someone other than his wife. I couldn't entertain it, felt like an intruder. Then one night in Bristol the heating went off, I reported the ice forming on the ceiling to be told 'we always turn the heating off at night'. Even when it's like -10 in the attic room and you've got people paying good money to try and sleep up there?

Lunatics. Would've been better off sleeping in the van. 

Proper normal hotel without crazy old people bothering me or we're doing the four hour drive home.

On 26/01/2019 at 10:31, Frank Hovis said:

I was at a social in a local non-posh hotel last night.

It felt so much like being in an episode of Channel 4's The Hotel: coaches in, Elvis impersonator as entertainment, tills not working properly, all the tables in the bar taken.

This is a hotel as a holiday destination in of itself where most of the holiday takes part in the hotel.  I have heard the term "leisure hotel" which is fairly apt.

The last evening I had like that was actually at The Grosvenor as was in Torquay; though having read the reviews we didn't stay there!

It's quite fun if you go with it and don't sit there being critical. Though I don't think I could manage a week of it.

I'd quite like to try one of those Blackpool hotel deals one day.... It sounds so cheap I'm not sure how legit it is but would be fun experience I think with right frame of mind.

I went to the bingo a few years ago and it was great for something different/ novelty.  The pints were the cheapest I had seen in a long time and we were helped along by friendly old ladies and colourful MC.

12 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I'd quite like to try one of those Blackpool hotel deals one day.... It sounds so cheap I'm not sure how legit it is but would be fun experience I think with right frame of mind.

I went to the bingo a few years ago and it was great for something different/ novelty.  The pints were the cheapest I had seen in a long time and we were helped along by friendly old ladies and colourful MC.

The phrase is "go with the flow"; if you do then you'll enjoy it.

I haven't looked at this year's holidays yet but I want a real mixture.

Archived