• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

An other of Browns free money for everyone! scheme ends

Recommended Posts

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2019-01-15/benefit-changes-older-mixed-age-couples-could-cost-some-7000-year

Under current rules married couples are able to transition from working age to pension age benefits as soon as the oldest spouse reaches state pension age.

However, from 15th May this year the couple will only be able to transition once the youngest of the pair reaches state pension age.

So ... if i was 70 and, for example, married a 20yo Thai woman, shed be able claim pension credit and not required to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spygirl said:

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2019-01-15/benefit-changes-older-mixed-age-couples-could-cost-some-7000-year

Under current rules married couples are able to transition from working age to pension age benefits as soon as the oldest spouse reaches state pension age.

However, from 15th May this year the couple will only be able to transition once the youngest of the pair reaches state pension age.

So ... if i was 70 and, for example, married a 20yo Thai woman, shed be able claim pension credit and not required to work.

I really question why any of us bother to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

I've seen some furore over this. Basically a pensioner still gets his pension, but the augmented couples allowance doesn't kick in until both are pensioners? Seems fair or is there more to it?

I've seen quite a few older guys with Tai brides!

I think that’s fair. Isn’t it how it works if you have actually contributed through paying your stamp?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Brown was an absolute lunatic throwing money around like it was going out of fashion.

Had he not had that dour Scots personality and tedious voice that saw him dubbed "prudence" Brown he would have been sussed out much earlier.

Yeah, but it was all paid for by the great price he got for all that gold he sold off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 20:25, spygirl said:

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2019-01-15/benefit-changes-older-mixed-age-couples-could-cost-some-7000-year

Under current rules married couples are able to transition from working age to pension age benefits as soon as the oldest spouse reaches state pension age.

However, from 15th May this year the couple will only be able to transition once the youngest of the pair reaches state pension age.

So ... if i was 70 and, for example, married a 20yo Thai woman, shed be able claim pension credit and not required to work.

Who the fck would be stupid enough to think up such a hairbrained scheme? oh yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 21:48, Alonso Quijano said:

I've seen some furore over this. Basically a pensioner still gets his pension, but the augmented couples allowance doesn't kick in until both are pensioners? Seems fair or is there more to it?

I've seen quite a few older guys with Tai brides!

I would imagine a few older gents from 'somewhere east of Suez' residing in our great cities have quite young brides as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 22:14, maynardgravy said:

Yeah, but it was all paid for by the great price he got for all that gold he sold off.

I expect the banks got the cheap gold and the UK people got the expensive debt in exchange.

Then Brown got his cushy sinecures afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Who the fck would be stupid enough to think up such a hairbrained scheme? oh yeah

And the chief dunderhead Blair was on about more integration just a couple of days ago.  Harebrained schemes 'R' them.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 20:25, spygirl said:

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2019-01-15/benefit-changes-older-mixed-age-couples-could-cost-some-7000-year

Under current rules married couples are able to transition from working age to pension age benefits as soon as the oldest spouse reaches state pension age.

However, from 15th May this year the couple will only be able to transition once the youngest of the pair reaches state pension age.

So ... if i was 70 and, for example, married a 20yo Thai woman, shed be able claim pension credit and not required to work.

But she wouldn’t have any NI contributions, so no pension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twocents said:

I expect the banks got the cheap gold and the UK people got the expensive debt in exchange.

Then Brown got his cushy sinecures afterwards.

Actually, noones touched Brown. Hes that useless and tainted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Actually, noones touched Brown. Hes that useless and tainted.

From wikipedia

Quote

 

Other appointments

Sir Tim Berners-Lee, who had worked with the government during Brown's premiership to publish government data on the internet in the data.gov.uk project, subsequently invited Brown to become a board director of the World Wide Web Foundation to "advise the Web Foundation on ways to involve disadvantaged communities and global leaders in the development of sustainable programs that connect humanity and affect positive change".  On 22 April 2011 it was announced that Brown would be taking on an unpaid advisory role at the World Economic Forum.  Brown was also appointed as the inaugural 'Distinguished Leader in Residence' by New York University and has already taken part in discussions and lectures relating to the global financial crisis and globalisation.

In July 2012 Brown was named by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon as a United Nations Special Envoy on Global Education. He chaired the International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity. The position is unpaid.

In December 2015, Brown took his first large-scale role in the private sector since standing down as prime minister in 2010, becoming an advisor to PIMCO. 

 

Some of the appointments are claimed to be unpaid (for tax reasons?) but what were the expenses allowances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twocents said:

From wikipedia

Some of the appointments are claimed to be unpaid (for tax reasons?) but what were the expenses allowances.

Unpaid means they didnt want him. Its nothing to do with tax, they dont want him

Itll go 'Hello this is MR Brown sectary (itll Brown talking high pitched) would you like Mr Brown to join your board? Nope, we are full up at the mo, well let you know.... He does mind workign for free and will do anything. Noe. Please ....... Oh, he can sit in the corner if he lieks but we are not paying him.

 

Ed Balls brother is CEO of PIMCO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Unpaid means they didnt want him. Its nothing to do with tax, they dont want him

Itll go 'Hello this is MR Brown sectary (itll Brown talking high pitched) would you like Mr Brown to join your board? Nope, we are full up at the mo, well let you know.... He does mind workign for free and will do anything. Noe. Please ....... Oh, he can sit in the corner if he lieks but we are not paying him.

 

Ed Balls brother is CEO of PIMCO.

 

Cushy sinecures more likely.  I suspect one reason to claim unpaid is because he likes to be seen as all about charity with his charitable foundation.  

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.