• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spygirl

OMG! Thats is so like 1990s!

"Kept woman" ? A housewife then, what's so wrong with that.

I don't know how they survive on £25k single income with a child. After tax that leaves very little to cover housing, unless they somehow managed to get a free house from their parents. I didn't read the article as it'll be full of incorrect information anyway.

Edit: Looks like they don't live in the SE so maybe it's do-able. I just skimmed the article and saw he bought a motorbike so must have some spare cash.

Ultimately

It's just an advert to try and launch her Instagram career. 

But yes it's a bollix article. 

She gave up 10k job. Quote "it wasn't well paid". It was a substantial fraction of total earnings. 

He's hiding cash. She knows 10k isn't much. 

Fucking tattooes ugh, nose ring ugh, but nice legs I definitely would

On 23/01/2019 at 12:36, twocents said:

That type of arrangement was quite normal until about the 1970s/80s even the 1990s.

It is still the arrangement at XYY towers.

With me controlling the money.

She works part-time, and transfers half of her wages to my bank each month. She can do what the fuck she likes with what's left - usually about £250 a month, but sometimes a bit more if she covers for people on the sick.

And my tea is on the table when I get in from work.

XYY

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

She works part-time, and transfers half of her wages to my bank each month. She can do what the fuck she likes with what's left - usually about £250 a month, but sometimes a bit more if she covers for people on the sick.

XYY

Similar, wife works part time in a min wage job, she keeps what she earns and gets to meet people etc. I pay all the bills and pay for big ticket items and give her £500 a month extra for food  & groceries. 

But, we can only fund this because neither of us care for labels, I earn a good salary, and we're content in a modest home.

17 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Hold on, your wife gives you money!

That makes you a kept man.

Heres another kept man

liberace-and-scott-thorson.jpg?quality=9

2 minutes ago, snaga said:

Similar, wife works part time in a min wage job, she keeps what she earns and gets to meet people etc. I pay all the bills and pay for big ticket items and give her £500 a month extra for food  & groceries. 

But, we can only fund this because neither of us care for labels, I earn a good salary, and we're content in a modest home.

We are the same. 

It is my second marriage. Our tenth wedding anniversary is in March, and we've probably had five arguments in that time.

I am a very happily married man.

XYY

She's a blogger, it's a puff piece for her hence the complete non newsworthiness of the article. They are slipping though, no mention of how much their house is worth.

Just now, spygirl said:

Hold on, your wife gives you money!

That makes you a kept man.

Yes. 250 a month. I pick up about eleven times that after tax. If there's any keeping going on here, it's being done by me pal.

Most months, I stick her contribution into my savings account. In another thread you say that not many people in the UK have ten grand in cash. You are probably correct. I do have eight and a half though, and each month it gets closer to your magic ten. 

I've never had savings before we got together as I always spent whatever I earned.

But I was never happily married before either...

XYY

6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Yes. 250 a month. I pick up about eleven times that after tax. If there's any keeping going on here, it's being done by me pal.

Most months, I stick her contribution into my savings account. In another thread you say that not many people in the UK have ten grand in cash. You are probably correct. I do have eight and a half though, and each month it gets closer to your magic ten. 

I've never had savings before we got together as I always spent whatever I earned.

But I was never happily married before either...

XYY

All meaningless if you haven't got an A-level in maths though, I suspect.

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

All meaningless if you haven't got an A-level in maths though, I suspect.

Not sure I understand SNACky..?

I don't have one. I left school at 16 with an O-level in Maths among my collection.

Which seems to have served me well enough over the years...

XYY

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I don't have one. I left school at 16 with an O-level in Maths among my collection.

XYY

Neither do I but it's very important to Spy, for some irrationally obsessive reason.

Just now, SNACR said:

Neither do I but it's very important to Spy, for some irrationally obsessive reason.

:)

Ah, the crazy world of @spygirl.

Brown. Check.

Mirpuri muzzers. Check.

Tax Credits. Check.

Roma/EE. Check.

Middlesbrough. Check.

I now have a full-house in a game of spy-poker...

;)

XYY

39 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

#Metoo

5 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

Ah, the crazy world of @spygirl.

Brown. Check.

Mirpuri muzzers. Check.

Tax Credits. Check.

Roma/EE. Check.

Middlesbrough. Check.

I now have a full-house in a game of spy-poker...

;)

XYY

Yuo are clearly scum.

43 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Yuo are clearly scum.

Without doubt.

Inter-bred shite of the highest order.

Reckon it's time for you to put a fatwa out on cack like me Renty.

Me sister says if you give her five hundred quid - she'll bite my cock off next time she gives me a gobble...

;)

XYY

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I flunked my A-levels quite spectacularly.

Many reasons for this but I've never been asked for them. Mind you at the age of 39 if someone in an interview asked for my A-levels I'd probably piss myself.

Then leave.

This did happen to someone I know.

I never done any a levels because it was customary back in the mid seventies that if you weren’t planning on going to university you left school aged 16 and got a job. It was O levels back then that employers wanted and I was streamed as an A for English, arithmetic, history...B for geography, biology and c for French, chemistry and mathematics.

I had no problem getting a job back then. Left school aged 16 on Friday and into a full time job as a clerical trainee with the south of Scotland electricity board with a contract, yearly increase in pay if performance was satisfactory and options for “career advancement”, sick pay etc.

Of course public sector back then. I became a cryptic crossword expert while smoking a fag at my desk. Most days the work was over by lunchtime and time left to fill. Very boring! I got a job at a local bank with better conditions e.g. pension provision after four years of that. That was quite easy to secure too. I don’t think I was particularly lucky because a lot of other folk my age say the same i.e. easy to get a decent job and easy to change jobs.

I was higher paid at the bank through getting promotions and was targeted to be got rid off. I accepted voluntary redundancy in the early nineties while married and expecting my first child.

For twenty years, as a single parent, I’ve been unable to secure a job that provides a reliable income and decently paid for bringing up kids. 

IMO many decent people willing to earn a living are being totally shafted in life. I’ve given up now and resolved to get by on my early taken pension, downsizing funds and dig money from son. It could be much worse for me. I know locals who have worked hard all their life and are in dire straits now because they’ve had less luck than I have.

I was brought up in a household with two siblings where father had a secure, well paid job, mother was a housewife doing part time work. She also looked after her sister in law and her four kids for a prolonged period due to cancer. Four cousins stayed with us and went to school for months at a time. Late mother also saved tax payers a fortune looking after my grandmother for years after a debilitating stroke. Our dining room was cheaply converted to a care room for granny. Eventually my grandmother had to be hospitalised for a few months until her death.

The point I’d like to make is that IMO the world of work is a subjective opinion.

Personally I thought that the world was a better place when a lot of couples with kids could afford for one of them to be at home and tend to domestic stuff and caring duties.

Work is work. Some work in life is not paid for. I really don’t think it’s sexist to post that in general females tend to household requirements, have limited opportunities for career advancement due to fitting around kids and then many look after infirm relatives. Many males also give up personal opportunities to look after family but I guess their in the minority.

These days eighteen year olds look after kids of workers, careers are paid to look after struggling relatives and infirm older folk end up in hospital long term or old folk homes because their family have to work. Some older folk will have no one or uninterested relatives but I hear a lot of local chit chat about that situation and others......,sick of not being able to look after my own kids, stressed out and no time for family or myself. worried about father/mother/aunt being looked after properly but can’t afford to go part time or give up job.

UK policy is not advanced at all IMO. Lost the plot as far as I’m concerned in denigrating and destroying for many the idea of the family, being self sufficient with the ability to look after young and old.