• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Great Guy's Fitness Update

I've always been quite weedy. So my New Year Resolution was to do some sit-ups/ press ups each night. I started off with twenty of each, then went to thirty and have now went to forty. 

When I started off I could do 5 press ups without stopping. I did 21 tonight :)

It's amazing how your strength improves with a bit of excercise. I also think my arm muscles are getting bigger :)

I lay the challenge down to fellow dosboders. Do some press ups and post your updates here.

Keep it up, but do planks not sit-ups.

Two years ago I could barely do 10 press ups and hold a plank for 20 secs. I stopped exercising for  6 months, but restarted in ~October, I use an app motivate me, set targets, and track progress, here's my press up progress, I now repeat the final 2 weeks of the training program ...

image.png.32f854afeb206235b1c4c625f634e97a.png

Edited by snaga

8 minutes ago, ccc said:

I've never been great at press ups, pull ups but I'm pretty physically strong for my size. Who knows. 

You need big tits, well, pectorals anyway. I'm pretty good at press-ups but not in the league of Snaga - is that really 200 consecutive press-ups? Wow. Mind, I'm a bit old for doing more than about 50, and since the snowboard accident the left pec is not what it was.

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Save some time and check what physiotherapy options are available at your GP.  Also find the details of a good chiropractor and keep them handy. 

Good luck.

There's always the option of doing one of the more all-action yoga varieties.

It will muscle you up, make you more supple, get rid of back issues and put your physio out of a job, allow you to perve at women and relax you. 

2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

You need big tits, well, pectorals anyway. I'm pretty good at press-ups but not in the league of Snaga - is that really 200 consecutive press-ups? Wow. Mind, I'm a bit old for doing more than about 50, and since the snowboard accident the left pec is not what it was.

It will muscle you up, make you more supple, get rid of back issues and put your physio out of a job, allow you to perve at women and relax you. 

Ah well I don't have huge pecs so that could be it. 

Agreed on the 200 - what do these numbers refer to ? I've been doing 100 push up challenge recently and got up to about 70 in 5 sets of various amounts. 

Talking of yoga was doing some yin today. I like that style. Just lie back and stretch it out for 5 minutes. :D

3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That's total reps, 4 or 5 sets up to 60 reps each

43 minutes ago, ccc said:

I've never been great at press ups, pull ups but I'm pretty physically strong for my size. Who knows. 

Body shape and composition varies enormously. I’m crap at push ups but I’m actually pretty good at pull ups for example.

1 hour ago, Rowley said:

Well done buddy. After a few weeks, regular exercise just becomes "part of your routine". It's amazing the difference it can make to your outlook on life and self-worth / confidence.

I think it's relatively easy to bang out some press-up etc each evening. It's not like you get sweaty so you don't need to shower afterwards. You can also listen to music at the same time.

if you go to the gym to excercise you eventually give up as you can't be bothered leaving the house.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

I think it's relatively easy to bang out some press-up etc each evening. It's not like you get sweaty so you don't need to shower afterwards. You can also listen to music at the same time.

if you go to the gym to excercise you eventually give up as you can't be bothered leaving the house.

This is my rule - I refuse to subscribe to any gym more than 400 metres away from where I'm staying, because the only way I will ever get good value is if it's close by. Knowing yourself is part of the process.

4 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Very true. Either join a gym walking distance or build your own gym in the garden.

32 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Do you find yourself getting bigger muscles with the press ups?

You’ll get much more noticeable muscle from being able to bash out ten plus good pull ups to failure. You’ll get the pecs and v-shaped torso.

You don’t have to get past too many reps of something and you’re building endurance rather than muscle. Don’t forget to up protein intake and good rest, like one day on one day off.

8 minutes ago, SNACR said:

You’ll get much more noticeable muscle from being able to bash out ten plus good pull ups to failure. You’ll get the pecs and v-shaped torso.

You don’t have to get past too many reps of something and you’re building endurance rather than muscle. Don’t forget to up protein intake and good rest, like one day on one day off.

Yes I wouldn't bother doing more than two reps of 50 press-ups a day - that's a lot IMO. Use the time to do some other torsion exercises/stretches with the full yoga breathing/perineal clenching thing - if you want visible stomach muscles and core strength this is the easiest and healthiest way.

When I started going to the gym, I did press ups on my knees and managed 10, I can do 30 full press ups now without a break. Plank - could hold for 30 secs, now do 2mins 30.  I'm still using the assisted pull up machine but I'm determined to do unassisted one day - that might be a way off though!

3 hours ago, Dipsy said:

When I started going to the gym, I did press ups on my knees and managed 10, I can do 30 full press ups now without a break. Plank - could hold for 30 secs, now do 2mins 30.  I'm still using the assisted pull up machine but I'm determined to do unassisted one day - that might be a way off though!

You’re a Dosbods lady aren’t you? 30 consecutive full press ups is a lot for a lass due to the upper body differences, almost the female equivalent of Snaga’s prowess, well done. 

9 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yoga isn't all it's cracked up to be on that front and if you do a lot of it as your only exercise you'll likely fuck your knees and your shoulders. Knees because it over developes quads over glutes and hamstrings. Shoulders because we do a lot of pushing and no pulling. You want to do something like rock climbing to balance it out.