• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

sarahbell

Turn back the tide

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46994986?fbclid=IwAR2Siz9Qvz2r2XNPxx0wjgi0dIG-lgqIMnZx1rCUKcvXncM9pzUIBCtUbwo

 

The UK has begun returning migrants, who cross the Channel in small boats, to France in a bid to deter others from doing the same, the Home Office said.

On Thursday, a small number of failed asylum seekers, who landed on UK shores in October, were sent back to France.

 

 

A note on terminology: the So-Called BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This group includes people fleeing war-torn countries, who are likely to be granted refugee status, as well as people who are seeking jobs and better lives, who governments are likely to rule are economic migrants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A note on terminology: the So-Called BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This is because the So-Called BBC acts in the interests of the globalists and hates the native peoples of Europe.

 

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46994986?fbclid=IwAR2Siz9Qvz2r2XNPxx0wjgi0dIG-lgqIMnZx1rCUKcvXncM9pzUIBCtUbwo

 

The UK has begun returning migrants, who cross the Channel in small boats, to France in a bid to deter others from doing the same, the Home Office said.

On Thursday, a small number of failed asylum seekers, who landed on UK shores in October, were sent back to France.

 

 

A note on terminology: the So-Called BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This group includes people fleeing war-torn countries, who are likely to be granted refugee status, as well as people who are seeking jobs and better lives, who governments are likely to rule are economic migrants.

I said from word go that there had to be an angle for the MSM frenzy when the dinghies story first broke, as this has been going on for years no we have the angle "UK getting tough on illegal immigration" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The number of "brave" fools entering on rubber dingies, must be minimal compares to those turning up at airports, with "student" or "bent" visas.O.o

true.

or

not true

problem is, pinny, we just don;t know as the authorities refuse to attempt to identify, count, and report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wherebee said:

true.

or

not true

problem is, pinny, we just don;t know as the authorities refuse to attempt to identify, count, and report

OR any MP ask a question in Parliament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wherebee said:

true.

or

not true

problem is, pinny, we just don;t know as the authorities refuse to attempt to identify, count, and report

I’m also not convinced by the accuracy of the article. 

Is the So-Called BBC saying that if they make it by boat, they will be returned?  What if they come over on the back of a lorry?  Same rules?  Different rules?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds eminently feasible, politically: it actually makes sense from both the UK and the French point of view. It might look at first like it will increase the number of migrants in France, but after a few weeks of making the crossing to the UK much harder, it will lead to fewer would-be channel crossers accumulating in Calais, and probably fewer trying to get into France in the first place (with the intention of travelling on to England).

There's a good argument to pitch (in public) at pro-migrant groups, too: dissuading people from attempting the crossing also reduces the risk to the migrants themselves, and to the rescuers.

Glad to hear the case being made for a sensible policy. I'll be very interested to see who supports or opposes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Leaving a safe country (France) and crossing a hazardous stretch of water in a criminally negligent manner thereby putting your own life and those of others quite rightly should be an automatic ban on entry - no exceptions.

Yep, fingerprinted and deported with the knowledge that any further asylum claims will be automatically rejected. Australia did a similar thing and they have solved their 'boat problem' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrPin said:

The number of "brave" fools entering on rubber dingies, must be minimal compares to those turning up at airports, with "student" or "bent" visas.O.o

Was at our local A & E with a friend a few weeks ago. Once we'd got through the triage bit and into the assessment ward we watched as an elderly Indian (sub continent) lady was pushed in via wheelchair by a paramedic. Accompanying her were 3 border patrol staff from Gatwick. They weren't being discrete and I'm a nosy bugger and heard them talking to the nurses.They were querying her visa when she became ill. Why 3 of them needed to accompany her I've no idea - what's the cost of that? I suspect she was attempting to get in on a tourist visa with a view to staying permenantly with family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dipsy said:

Was at our local A & E with a friend a few weeks ago. Once we'd got through the triage bit and into the assessment ward we watched as an elderly Indian (sub continent) lady was pushed in via wheelchair by a paramedic. Accompanying her were 3 border patrol staff from Gatwick. They weren't being discrete and I'm a nosy bugger and heard them talking to the nurses.They were querying her visa when she became ill. Why 3 of them needed to accompany her I've no idea - what's the cost of that? I suspect she was attempting to get in on a tourist visa with a view to staying permenantly with family.

And yet she was wheeled into a&ex for treatment at the largess of sap taxpayer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

And yet she was wheeled into a&ex for treatment at the largess of sap taxpayer 

Yep, the NHS is great isn't it. Roll up all and sundry, meanwhile my elderly father in law needs to wait months for a hip operation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Yep, fingerprinted and deported with the knowledge that any further asylum claims will be automatically rejected. Australia did a similar thing and they have solved their 'boat problem' 

Didn't Oz have an immigration centre pitched on some old phosphorus rich island that was living hell?!

We have the Orkney Islands that's the same for 11months of the year. Hell!

Edited by longtomuranium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One percent said:

And I’m having to wait 9 weeks for an outpatient appointment. 

Ridiculous!

1 minute ago, longtomuranium said:

Didn't Oz have an immigration centre pitched on some old phosphorus rich island that was living hell?!

We have the Orkney Islands that's the same for 11months of the year. Hell!

I think there's one that's still got anthrax on it from decades ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Leaving a safe country (France) and crossing a hazardous stretch of water in a criminally negligent manner thereby putting your own life and those of others quite rightly should be an automatic ban on entry - no exceptions.

There are penalties for smuggling.

I don't see why they shouldn't apply to people trying to smuggle themselves.

Alomg with deportation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wales, a country of sanctuary, made up of cities and towns of sanctuary.

Today an event in town is celebrating Wales becoming home to asylum seekers and refugees.

Over 1000 from Syria alone.

Only days ago we were told the council has 'no money in the pot' for 2020.

Council Tax and Police Precept must rise by 5.5% and 7.7% respectively.

https://seneddhome.com/2019/01/integration-key-to-making-wales-a-nation-of-sanctuary/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Wales, a country of sanctuary, made up of cities and towns of sanctuary.

Today an event in town is celebrating Wales becoming home to asylum seekers and refugees.

Over 1000 from Syria alone.

Only days ago we were told the council has 'no money in the pot' for 2020.

Council Tax and Police Precept must rise by 5.5% and 7.7% respectively.

https://seneddhome.com/2019/01/integration-key-to-making-wales-a-nation-of-sanctuary/

.

Quote

Deputy Minister without portfolio and Chief Whip, Jane Hutt (Lab, Vale of Glamorgan), has unveiled a new plan to help integrate refugees and asylum seekers into Welsh society. The plan includes a new multi-lingual website which will launch later this year.

Eureka - a website is bound to solve the integration problem - it's clearly the missing key to all the problems of lack of integration elsewhere.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Wales, a country of sanctuary, made up of cities and towns of sanctuary.

Today an event in town is celebrating Wales becoming home to asylum seekers and refugees.

Over 1000 from Syria alone.

Only days ago we were told the council has 'no money in the pot' for 2020.

Council Tax and Police Precept must rise by 5.5% and 7.7% respectively.

https://seneddhome.com/2019/01/integration-key-to-making-wales-a-nation-of-sanctuary/

I read that website address as 'sendemhome'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.