• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
whitevanman

Whooping

7 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Please don't do it. We are not American, we are not monkeys, we are British. British people do not whoop, we applaud politely. 

I was at a wedding once and people whooped at the end of the vows. I was nearly sick.

Almost as bad as a fist pump. o.O

8 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Please don't do it. We are not American, we are not monkeys, we are British. British people do not whoop, we applaud politely. 

I was at a wedding once and people whooped at the end of the vows. I was nearly sick.

Plenty aspiring trailer trash in the UK, hope the did it properly.

37 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Can't believe you can be so offensive to our scaredy cat population who don't like noise.

We British should be a jazz hands nation.

30 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

You should have demanded your present back.

It's a noise people consciously make when they're not really excited enough to spontaneously cheer or roar, like you might at a competitive sport event,  but still feel like they're expected make a loud noise to acknowledge a good trick or something. Didnt realise people did it in the uk. I usually hear it watching YouTube vids. What's cool about sounding like a squealing teenage girl?

4 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

You should have demanded your present back.

It's a noise people consciously make when they're not really excited enough to spontaneously cheer or roar, like you might at a competitive sport event,  but still feel like they're expected make a loud noise to acknowledge a good trick or something. Didnt realise people did it in the uk. I usually hear it watching YouTube vids. What's cool about sounding like a squealing teenage girl?

I don't particularly mind it when Americans do it, they don't know any better. I just can't fathom why any self-respecting Brit would do it. I think they've picked it up from all those wanky tele programmes about dancing celebs and so on. Nobody with any self-respect would watch that shite anyway.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I do not understand these ethnic handshakes which seem to involve knocking together of knuckles, inter-linking fingers, etc.

I can do a polite handshake though.

You are clearly not a woman as if you were, some sections of the ‘community ‘ would not even politely shake your hand. 

Harem or some such crap 

Just now, One percent said:

You are clearly not a woman as if you were, some sections of the ‘community ‘ would not even politely shake your hand. 

Harem or some such crap 

As a man the female section of THAT community will often not even acknowledge me let alone shake my hand.