• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whitevanman

Whooping

Recommended Posts

Please don't do it. We are not American, we are not monkeys, we are British. British people do not whoop, we applaud politely. 

I was at a wedding once and people whooped at the end of the vows. I was nearly sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Please don't do it. We are not American, we are not monkeys, we are British. British people do not whoop, we applaud politely. 

I was at a wedding once and people whooped at the end of the vows. I was nearly sick.

Almost as bad as a fist pump. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Please don't do it. We are not American, we are not monkeys, we are British. British people do not whoop, we applaud politely. 

I was at a wedding once and people whooped at the end of the vows. I was nearly sick.

Plenty aspiring trailer trash in the UK, hope the did it properly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Please don't do it. We are not American, we are not monkeys, we are British. British people do not whoop, we applaud politely. 

I was at a wedding once and people whooped at the end of the vows. I was nearly sick.

Can't believe you can be so offensive to our scaredy cat population who don't like noise.

We British should be a jazz hands nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I was at a wedding once and people whooped at the end of the vows. I was nearly sick.

You should have demanded your present back.

It's a noise people consciously make when they're not really excited enough to spontaneously cheer or roar, like you might at a competitive sport event,  but still feel like they're expected make a loud noise to acknowledge a good trick or something. Didnt realise people did it in the uk. I usually hear it watching YouTube vids. What's cool about sounding like a squealing teenage girl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fully Detached said:

Well I've seen some fine looking brides over the years but there's a time and a place, surely.

I’m thinking of the one often partnered with the soy boy open mouth pose. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

 

You should have demanded your present back.

It's a noise people consciously make when they're not really excited enough to spontaneously cheer or roar, like you might at a competitive sport event,  but still feel like they're expected make a loud noise to acknowledge a good trick or something. Didnt realise people did it in the uk. I usually hear it watching YouTube vids. What's cool about sounding like a squealing teenage girl?

I don't particularly mind it when Americans do it, they don't know any better. I just can't fathom why any self-respecting Brit would do it. I think they've picked it up from all those wanky tele programmes about dancing celebs and so on. Nobody with any self-respect would watch that shite anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I do not understand these ethnic handshakes which seem to involve knocking together of knuckles, inter-linking fingers, etc.

I can do a polite handshake though.

You are clearly not a woman as if you were, some sections of the ‘community ‘ would not even politely shake your hand. 

Harem or some such crap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

You are clearly not a woman as if you were, some sections of the ‘community ‘ would not even politely shake your hand. 

Harem or some such crap 

As a man the female section of THAT community will often not even acknowledge me let alone shake my hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the weather might be decent here tomorrow. Whoop whoop!

What a banal comment!

That whoop whoop at the end is the icing on the cake for making it an incredibly banal comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.