• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
lid

A song that you carry around in your head for a few days

Back in early 2002 I bought 'Selling England by the Pound' album by Genesis on CD (originally released in 1973 on vinyl of course).

For many weeks after that I carried the instrumental to the 7th track on the album 'The Cinema Show' (10 minutes long) around in my head.

It starts off like any other song does but as soon as Peter Gabriel stops singing and the intrumental kicks in at 5:45 - Wow! O.o Tony Banks' keyboards just blew me away - and then some. I even went to sleep a few times and it was playing during my dreams.

Still my favourite album to date. Prog-tastic! B|

On 05/05/2019 at 23:32, Roger_Mellie said:

No word of a lie, I've had this song going around my head for about 10 years. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up every day. Which is really annoying.

There's a movie script in there somewhere. Especially these days.

On 05/05/2019 at 23:32, Roger_Mellie said:

No word of a lie, I've had this song going around my head for about 10 years. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up every day. Which is really annoying.

That'll be in my head now next week when I'm at work. :P

I used to dance to this when I went clubbing in the late 90s.  :$ I wonder if they still like to party 21 years on?! B|