• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

Lucky bastards

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

I always experience great sadness when I see one of these discoveries.  Why?  Because it meant someone died with a plan and hope unfulfilled.....:(

I’ve got a load of old pound coins I forgot to spend before they were replaced. I’m planning to bury them in the local park for future detectorists to find. My plan and hope will be fulfilled if they are found!

3 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

I’ve got a load of old pound coins I forgot to spend before they were replaced. I’m planning to bury them in the local park for future detectorists to find. My plan and hope will be fulfilled if they are found!

Modern coins rot fast these are silver 

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

2500 you say

Very lucky bastards indeed

https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=harold2silverpenny.html

A museum will probably want them pas won’t pay the going rate for them but it will still be a tidy payout pas are bastards portable antiquities scheme

Edited by stokiescum

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

A museum will probably want them pas won’t pay the going rate for them but it will still be a tidy payout pas are bastards portable antiquities scheme

there were only 2300 weren't there ?

Or were there 2700 xD

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

2500 plus has far has I know there’s probably more to get might be worth removing a foot of top soil but the archiologosts will be in charge by now 

Beautiful coins though, can you say what rough geographical part of the country

Just now, Hopeful said:

Beautiful coins though, can you say what rough geographical part of the country

Adam and Lisa live in derby though they detect all over the place they often go east I used to have a lot of permissions there way on the Roman road from little Chester ie derby to Rocester my home village but I won’t lie I’ve no idea where they were

6 minutes ago, Rave said:

I wonder how many are already in circulation, and by extension, whether the addition of an extra 2500 of them might have a significant effect on the supply/demand equation?

I thought it was 250? xD