• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Bloke

Time's Up for The Grand Tour after homophobic jokes

Will Young, a singer of popular ditties, has slammed Top Gear The Grand Tour over a series of what he alleges were jokes at the expense of the LGBLT community. Young tweeted hysterically that the Grand Tour producers should meet people "who want to kill themselves because of shaming". 

Young shrilly continued "time's up and it's time to take a stand. Is there a legal case? Who knows....... watch this space."

before threatening to flounce off to Offcom.

https://news.sky.com/story/will-young-hits-out-at-grand-tour-repulsive-homophobia-11622233

I haven't seen the episode but it does seem a little bit childish from the link.

Yawn. If you don't like it, switch off. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Unless Clarkson is advocating violence or assault - in which case it crosses the line.

If they were “having a go at” gay people..  then perhaps he’d have a point.

But they weren’t.

They were referencing common stereotypes..  which given they do the same for nearly any other group seems to make it “inclusive” more than anything else.

Why would cliches about gays being well dressed etc make people want to commit suicide?

4 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Why would cliches about gays being well dressed etc make people want to commit suicide?

perhaps it upsets the badly dressed ones, not living up to expectations etc, better of dead really.

12 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

What about people that want to kill themselves because they hear Will Young sing ?

10 minutes ago, snaga said:

nobody has heard him sing.

LOL

Can you both go a pep up the make us laugh or fuck off thread a bit, please

15 minutes ago, Errol said:

Since when is upsetting people a crime anyway? Clarkson can upset whoever he likes. If people don't like it they are welcome to vote with their wallets.

Unfortunately it seems offending anyone except white male heterosexual Brexit voters is a crime now. Oh, and gingers, they still seem to be fair game, not sure why.

If 3 twats making a few cliché-ridden jokes offends you that much, Will, it's time you toughened up a bit.

Yes, it’s all pathetic, IMO, slagging off programmes regardless of the source.

I don’t watch much stuff. It’s very easy to switch off and not bother watching. I’m selective, watch what I enjoy and don’t care if nobody else enjoys it.

I feel no need to denigrate what anyone watches. If I start watching something and don’t like it I simply switch off. Never slag anyone off regarding what they choose to watch although I choose to avoid a lot of broadcasting.

Too many dipshits these days who seem unable to accept that some stuff is enjoyable to others. Just because they don’t like a programme or video they get very angry and attempt to feed their ego by posting on Facebook, Twitter or whatever to attempt to get validation on why the the programme they chose to watch is shit in their opinion.

You have to pay for Amazon Prime. Then you have to make an effort to watch the programme. Then you have to not switch it off.

Quite a lot of effort to go to just to be offended.

I have bought some tickets for Kevin Bloody Wilson. I will need to get ready, get a cab to the theatre, have a couple of drinks and find my seat.

Who should I complain to afterwards if I am offended?

P.S. Hugely tempted to get tickets for Julian Clary's show as well. I have a feeling that I will be deeply offended but hugely entertained.

Season 3 of this show is the first time in years I've found this trio to be hilarious again.  I got burned out with the scripting on Top Gear for the last few years that they were on it, and wasn't too fussed on the first two seasons of this show.

28 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

You have to pay for Amazon Prime. Then you have to make an effort to watch the programme. Then you have to not switch it off.

Quite a lot of effort to go to just to be offended.

I have bought some tickets for Kevin Bloody Wilson. I will need to get ready, get a cab to the theatre, have a couple of drinks and find my seat.

Who should I complain to afterwards if I am offended?

P.S. Hugely tempted to get tickets for Julian Clary's show as well. I have a feeling that I will be deeply offended but hugely entertained.

Oh, oh, where is he on?  

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

Will Young, a singer of popular ditties, has slammed Top Gear The Grand Tour over a series of what he alleges were jokes at the expense of the LGBLT community. Young tweeted hysterically that the Grand Tour producers should meet people "who want to kill themselves because of shaming". 

Young shrilly continued "time's up and it's time to take a stand. Is there a legal case? Who knows....... watch this space."

https://news.sky.com/story/will-young-hits-out-at-grand-tour-repulsive-homophobia-11622233

I haven't seen the episode but it does seem a little bit childish from the link.

Phobia- an irrational fear.

I am not homophobic or islamophobic, though living in Britain I could be arachnophobic, what with spiders here being unable to cause harm. 

14 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Who the fuck is Will Young?

I have never heard of him, am I missing anything?

You’re not missing anything IMO...ignore!

He’s a mediocre singer who won? a reality TV programme and now thinks he is important and can attempt to force his life view on others. Deluded, celebrity type individual with a big ego.

47 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Phobia- an irrational fear.

I am not homophobic or islamophobic, though living in Britain I could be arachnophobic, what with spiders here being unable to cause harm. 

I reckon Will's heterophobic.

Careless Clarkson and co say something controversial that magically gets their show talked about all over the news and social media yet again. You might even start to suspect some cynical PR opportunity every time.

At least, I suppose, they’ve moved on from buying a load of second-hand vehicles then driving across a foreign country, and crashing them into the back of each other, for a ‘challenge’. Oh, wait a minute....

5 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

It’s all a bit gay to me