• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Thread title of the year (2018)

Thread title of the year 2018 (pick one only)  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Favourite thread title

• Did Rosa Parks have a camel toe?
    • David Lammy Wets Himself
    • A very quiet Ramadanabomathon
    • The big bloody clit thread 
    • I predict a riot. A pussy riot 
    • AirBnB and grossly obese African healthcare workers
    • Taxcreditapocalypse
    • Quentin Vicious... sex, drugs & dinner parties

Another year gone and it's back, nominate your favourite thread titles posted during 2018 It's no longer just for fun, there's a prize this year - the winner gets a special badge in a garish colour next to their name - if I can be bothered to make one.

Only rule is that it must still be visible i.e. not deleted and posted between 1st Jan and 31st December 2018....

I will start the ball rolling with this one:

The big bloody clit thread

8 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

To be honest, I went through pages and pages of threads and couldn't make up my mind. It's a testament to this site's longevity that there are fucking millions of threads.

Psst, here's a tip. Just go through Spygirl's threads ;)

I went back 66 pages and only got to June!

• Inappropriate music suggestions for Joe's date
  • Getting groped by G4S private security at airports
  • Hillary's big book of cunts

Mostly @spygirl, as per @spunko

11 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

Thank you, I had a look through my threads but I’d not given any a good title. Some of those are great, I’d like to second these two :

Badges.

With badges come great power.

A few years ago, mike batt did some sort of album. Really heavily promoted. And i was going who the fuck. Its the bloke who did the wombles. I got a bit obsessed, watching the adds, just to see this funny looking bloke dressed a sheriff.

Anyhow, hes a funny looking fucker. And hed hired a stylist who put him in a suit with a deputy dawg badge.

I cant find the album cover, but he seems to have got his money from that look as it crop up in loads of  piccies.

mike-batt-and-the-wombles-on-wimbledon-c

mike-batt-piano3.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=640

mike-batt-and-wife-attend-the-ivor-novel

So, i want a badge like mike batts.

Googling for this reply, hes a persistent fucker, changing with the times, looking an absolute cunt everytime

I blame Bowie for mikes new romantic phase

mike-batt-love-makes-you-crazy-1982-3-s.

I think this is bay city roller phase

mikebatt.jpg

He should have stayed in the womble outfit.

29 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

Cheers some goldies there, but alas a few of those were nominated last year, it has to have been started this year (the original post).

Just now, spunko said:

Cheers some goldies there, but alas a few of those were nominated last year, it has to have been started this year (the original post).

Could we pin this thread for a while as I’ll forget (memory like a sieve these days) and then see a superb thread title and forget to post. 

Probably not worth it though as spy will win. :)

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Psst, here's a tip. Just go through Spygirl's threads ;)

Fix! Looks like Spygirl has already handed over a stuffed brown envelope. Mind you with the forum names in question, it could be sexual favours.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Badges.

With badges come great power.

A few years ago, mike batt did some sort of album. Really heavily promoted. And i was going who the fuck. Its the bloke who did the wombles. I got a bit obsessed, watching the adds, just to see this funny looking bloke dressed a sheriff.

Anyhow, hes a funny looking fucker. And hed hired a stylist who put him in a suit with a deputy dawg badge.

I cant find the album cover, but he seems to have got his money from that look as it crop up in loads of  piccies.

mike-batt-and-the-wombles-on-wimbledon-c

mike-batt-piano3.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=640

mike-batt-and-wife-attend-the-ivor-novel

So, i want a badge like mike batts.

Googling for this reply, hes a persistent fucker, changing with the times, looking an absolute cunt everytime

I blame Bowie for mikes new romantic phase

mike-batt-love-makes-you-crazy-1982-3-s.

I think this is bay city roller phase

mikebatt.jpg

He should have stayed in the womble outfit.

What about this one? It has six points as opposed to five, and it’s a bit rusty :

6043FE1E-2EE5-4F98-80BD-E95F4493E594.jpeg

Edited by Carl Fimble
Idiocy

3 hours ago, Van Lady said:

This forum is so fantastic and I feel so lucky to be a member of a small group with a variety of free discussion on lots of topics. Thank you @spunkoI really appreciate your work on maintaining this forum and would pay a fee if needed.

I won’t be entering the best thread title prize but it adds some fun to the serious discussion, laughs and general free speech plus moaning about general life stuff on here.

Fabulous forum IMO. I can only compare it to the other place where I enjoyed it for a while. This forum is much much better though, for me. Hope we continue for a long time with posted news articles from a variety of sources, interesting life stuff, humorous stuff.....and dream stuff like Dosbods island.

For me thi is somewhere we all chip in £10k and buy it and then build our own houses and apub etc thus solving the single issue of TOS and get to chat about everything self sufficiency,. 

What about we all move to the Falklands? Land is cheap, Malbec and steak just over the water it's British and we could build anything we fancy!

9 minutes ago, Adarmo said:

For me thi is somewhere we all chip in £10k and buy it and then build our own houses and apub etc thus solving the single issue of TOS and get to chat about everything self sufficiency,. 

What about we all move to the Falklands? Land is cheap, Malbec and steak just over the water it's British and we could build anything we fancy!

There’s a thread for that:

£10k each issnttgonna buy The Falkland Islands though, 591 total number of dosbodians....

Leas folk, more money, Tamera Mor. That’s what I still reckon. 

34 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

There’s a thread for that:

£10k each issnttgonna buy The Falkland Islands though, 591 total number of dosbodians....

Leas folk, more money, Tamera Mor. That’s what I still reckon. 

£3,300 each for that island. Literally we all sell our cars and we're probably done saving?

It would make global news. Forum of eclectic randomers with no real interests in much other than chatting off topic shit over the internet to strangers buys an island to live together.

I'm actually game for this. My modest abode in Wokingham would probably sell right now for at least what I paid for it. I;d have enough left over to build my own modest eco gaff and be mortgage free. The island is large enough for 2 acres each! Can I bring my GF? Can we have cats?

Skills DIY, chatting shit, drinking and advising on the financial impact and accounting of software deals.