• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Just sitting here looking at some great tits in the garden feasting on fat balls.

Also a few blue tits and house sparrows.

Brings back memories of childhood, watching the birds feeding in the snow-covered garden.

Made me think how as a child, I really looked at things. Properly gave my full attention to whatever I was observing. As an adult I rarely give such full attention to anything, too many distractions, too many things churning around in my mind (got to service the car, pay a bill, tidy the garage, clean kitchen etc)

My New Year's resolution is to look at things with complete attention.

5 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Just sitting here looking at some great tits in the garden feasting on fat balls.

Also a few blue tits and house sparrows.

Brings back memories of childhood, watching the birds feeding in the snow-covered garden.

Made me think how as a child, I really looked at things. Properly gave my full attention to whatever I was observing. As an adult I rarely give such full attention to anything, too many distractions, too many things churning around in my mind (got to service the car, pay a bill, tidy the garage, clean kitchen etc)

My New Year's resolution is to look at things with complete attention.

Tits like melons .... apparently

5 minutes ago, the gardener said:

great tits in the garden feasting on fat balls. 

Ohh er mrs :)

1 minute ago, goldbug9999 said:

Tits like melons .... apparently

Sparrows on the other hand prefer breadcrumbs

This is a very impressive close-up of an open tray feeder and it's got sound. It's at a wildlife sanctuary in Czechoslavakia and all sorts of stuff wander around in the background

https://www.makov.cz/webkamera.html

Edit: Since I posted the link annoyingly there has hardly been bird on it. When I put it on there were tits and then a great spotted woodpecker but some deer ran past and scattered them. I think the Pelicans? are frightening the birds away at the moment. You can tell by the sounds there are lots of birds about.

Edited by Democorruptcy

8 minutes ago, Gordie Lastchance said:

I'd happily watch this bird nibbling on my fat balls all day! B|

They prefer to eat sausages in fact.

I read somewhere that fat balls aren't that good for birds. People assume it's good because fat is calory-dense but in fact it clogs up their insides as they are not used to it. Don't take my word for it all I know about birds is that they shit on you.

Blue tits nest under one of my windows same place every year, and every year the male (I assume) pecks absolute fuck out of his reflection trying to see off a rival. 

5 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I read somewhere that fat balls aren't that good for birds. People assume it's good because fat is calory-dense but in fact it clogs up their insides as they are not used to it. Don't take my word for it all I know about birds is that they shit on you.

Blue tits nest under one of my windows same place every year, and every year the male (I assume) pecks absolute fuck out of his reflection trying to see off a rival. 

Headbanging a window?

And they say animals are clever?

Dafties.