• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Van Lady

Munro Bagging

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

My daughter has bagged her first Munro today with friends. Beautiful picture from the top of Ben Lomond. I believe there are almost 300 in total.

I’m a bit envious. It’s not something I would do alone but I don’t know anyone in my area who is interested.

42358E4C-039F-408A-9AC5-8F304B762CF4.jpeg

Reps out of 👍. Looks wonderful. 

6 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

My daughter has bagged her first Munro today with friends. Beautiful picture from the top of Ben Lomond. I believe there are almost 300 in total.

I’m a bit envious. It’s not something I would do alone but I don’t know anyone in my area who is interested.

42358E4C-039F-408A-9AC5-8F304B762CF4.jpeg

I'm sure there is a local munro FB group

7 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I'm sure there is a local munro FB group

Yes there probably is but having went on a few walking group expeditions with strangers I’m very reluctant to join any more unknown folk to venture more in the great outdoors!

Yes there probably is but having went on a few walking group expeditions with strangers I’m very reluctant to join any more unknown folk to venture more in the great outdoors!

What happened?

If I were closer, I'd be happy to go. :)

Busy ticking off the Wainwrights down here.

Just now, billfunk said:

What happened?

Nothing. They were boring, moaning cunts. The walks were very nice though.

To be fair though I’m fairly intolerant of most other people. Spending more than hour with folk I have no connection with is torture for me.

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

Nothing. They were boring, moaning cunts. The walks were very nice though.

To be fair though I’m fairly intolerant of most other people. Spending more than hour with folk I have no connection with is torture for me.

I hate people too. And I like moaning a lot.

3 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Yes, your photos are beautiful. I think Munro bagging has a different name in England?

Always known it as Munro Bagging down here too. 

There are Marylins and Nuttalls too but I'm not sure what classification they fall under.

1 minute ago, billfunk said:

I hate people too. And I like moaning a lot.

xD

I only moan in private though, ranting out loud at home, or writing rants on this forum.

When in company I’m very tolerant and polite but I can only keep it up for around an hour or so unless it’s people I find a mutual rapport with.

All is not lost I regularly spend several hours with acquaintances who are good company.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Always known it as Munro Bagging down here too. 

There are Marylins and Nuttalls too but I'm not sure what classification they fall under.

I wonder how many Munro’s there are in the uk then? A good early retirement would be to sell up, buy a decent motor home and set out on a quest to conquer them. Monetised blog?

43 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I wonder how many Munro’s there are in the uk then? A good early retirement would be to sell up, buy a decent motor home and set out on a quest to conquer them. Monetised blog?

I don't have the copy any more but I read a book by a chap who climbed all the Munros and Tops (secondary peaks) in one go, I think there was one break, without using any transport bar a bike to get to Skye and back.  He had a back up car.

There was a whole section on his kit, every single piece weighed and the lightest taken as he had to carry it throughout.

The definition of Munros only applies to Scotland.

@Van Lady in these days of Facebook groups why not sign up to hill walking groups for mature walkers? I am in a wild swimming group (though haven't got wet yet!) and there are loads of informal meet ups by two or three people rather than everything being a group activity.

Find one you like and ask if one or two other ladies would like to join a near novice to bag an easy Munro?

Easy to say I know but that seems to be how these FB groups work; just putting people into contact with each other.

4 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Thank you. That looks like a really good read. 

It is in a way because he doesn't fancy it up; it gives you a good feel for what it would be like. Which is quite dull and damp most of the time. Then there are the midges.

13 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Mate of mine has done all the Munros and is now doing all the 2000' hillocks in the UK. He's got a camper van. I can think of things I'd rather do.

At least it’s keeping him occupied in a healthy way. Better than sitting at home alone drowning his sorrows with a drug!

Everyone to their own.