DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Question for people who remember the 90s crash

spunko

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sleepwello'nights
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

An extension with full retire and new ch system. 

As with everything as long as you're comfortable with what you're paying. I would have thought a tad high but then I don't live in London. Probably worth paying a slight premium to get them to turn up.

My brother always screws trades down onto fixed prices and the resists their attempts to charge for "extras". Quite often though they walk off and he has to pay another guy to finish off. Then there's the sucking through the teeth of what cowboy started this job, I'll have to take down what's been done and start again. :CryBaby:.  He hasn't said but I reckon it ends up costing him more.

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

As with everything as long as you're comfortable with what you're paying. I would have thought a tad high but then I don't live in London. Probably worth paying a slight premium to get them to turn up.

My brother always screws trades down onto fixed prices and the resists their attempts to charge for "extras". Quite often though they walk off and he has to pay another guy to finish off. Then there's the sucking through the teeth of what cowboy started this job, I'll have to take down what's been done and start again. :CryBaby:.  He hasn't said but I reckon it ends up costing him more.

This is out in the sticks. People I now from school (or in th case of the younger ones, children of those I went to school with. xD)

1 hour ago, One percent said:

This is out in the sticks. People I now from school (or in th case of the younger ones, children of those I went to school with. xD)

Know

Sorry could resist

10 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Exactly, plumber? gas safe licence? or just some hillbilly with some pushfit fittings and no knowledge of open vent systems.

Open vent system...is this TMs new version of the Back Stop system or the latest soundbite from a Eurocrat? :-)

8 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

There is a reason why you pay a premium for a builder with a reputation...this premium means his subbies are financially insentivised to work for him, are less likely to mess him about, and as a result he isn't left scrabbling around for cowboys.

Archived