• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

The mother in law on holiday avoidance thread

I went out with a couple for lunch yesterday. They described going on a 2 week Alaska cruise with his mother. Apparently she shared a 3 bed cabin with them, and slept on the pull down overhead bunk. I can imagine some embarrassing scenes as she climbed the ladder in her winceyette nightie.

Why? Why would you even consider it? 

Edited by Popuplights

13 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

I went out with a couple for lunch yesterday. They described going on a 2 week Alaska cruise with his mother. Apparently she shared a 3 bed cabin with them, and slept on the pull down overhead bunk. I can imagine some embarrassing scenes as she climbed the ladder in her winceyette nightie.

Why? Why would you even consider it? 

becasue she was paying ?

On 04/02/2019 at 21:02, One percent said:

Why the fuck would you go holiday with the in-laws. I could not envisage anything worse. 

My in laws have booked a week without asking us this summer :CryBaby:. Last time we went with them it was the worst holiday, doctors with a god complex and collection of BTLs. I can only cope with my mil for a day before her passive aggressive comments start to drive me crazy. I'm wondering whether to make it so I can't go because of work.

I cannot really relate as I never had any problems with our in-laws and we used to go on holiday together when we were in PL. It was a real blessing to be able to leave our toddlers with them and have some time on our own.

Would never-ever go with my own parents, though. A hole different kettle of fish.

12 minutes ago, maudit said:

My in laws have booked a week without asking us this summer :CryBaby:. Last time we went with them it was the worst holiday, doctors with a god complex and collection of BTLs. I can only cope with my mil for a day before her passive aggressive comments start to drive me crazy. I'm wondering whether to make it so I can't go because of work.

I’ll. you are ill. You can then take a duvet week whilst they swan off. xD

16 minutes ago, maudit said:

So you won't get away with saying you've got impetigo?

7 minutes ago, kibuc said:

I cannot really relate as I never had any problems with our in-laws and we used to go on holiday together when we were in PL. It was a real blessing to be able to leave our toddlers with them and have some time on our own.

Would never-ever go with my own parents, though. A hole different kettle of fish.

I think it depends on the people, my parents are fine and I'm happy to go on holiday with them; my husband prefers spending time with them to his own parents.
ILs don't do looking after children, last time my sister in law went out for several hours every day leaving me with her 3 young children to look after as well as my own 2 whilst my husband hid away. Her children infected us all with a vomiting bug so I spent the week cleaning up sick.

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’ll. you are ill. You can then take a duvet week whilst they swan off. xD

:Beer:

5 minutes ago, maudit said:

I think it depends on the people, my parents are fine and I'm happy to go on holiday with them; my husband prefers spending time with them to his own parents.
ILs don't do looking after children, last time my sister in law went out for several hours every day leaving me with her 3 young children to look after as well as my own 2 whilst my husband hid away. Her children infected us all with a vomiting bug so I spent the week cleaning up sick.

:Beer:

Nice. I hope you repaid her somehow 

3 hours ago, maudit said:

Tourettes could be a suitable diagnosis....

I once went on holiday with my ex's brother and his wife to France. I had no idea they were complete alki's. Everywhere we went I was driving and they piled into the wine and then we split the bill. We had 2 gites and the owners left us both a bottle of red and rose. They took our red and left their rose on our table one night when we were eating in. As I was driving us all back from the airport in the UK, her brother totted up and said he figured they owed us two pounds. I said don't bother but he gave it to my ex, I took the coins off her and threw them out of the window.