• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
maynardgravy

Never mind the rape - just get on with the race-baiting

So Liam Neeson sought revenge in his youth for feeling like taking a rape out on a random black person. The admission just so happens to have conveniently surfaced after so many years into today's relentless race-baiting culture.

I can't help but think that something's been left out of all the faux outrage - ah that's it! Some poor woman was raped #metooaslongastheyarewhitemen

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/02/04/liam-neeson-reveals-shocking-racially-charged-past/2766111002/

wow. news. a man feels rage and anger, 20 or something years ago, the outrage culture will find you and you are irredeemable  - never can you be reformed (unless you're intersectional/feminist etc), you are forever defined by your past .... what a load of crap. Yawn. Move on.

6 minutes ago, JFK said:

wow. news. a man feels rage and anger, 20 or something years ago, the outrage culture will find you and you are irredeemable  - never can you be reformed (unless you're intersectional/feminist etc), you are forever defined by your past .... what a load of crap. Yawn. Move on.

Unless you're part of the club.

I would encourage anyone with Netflix to watch the early 80s Eddie Murphy show 'Delirious' to see what I mean.

Why did Bernard Manning get blackballed but not Eddie?

I think the Neeson story very interesting.  There is a humanity in it -- the guy has an emotional response to an incident*, where he goes into a primal state for a short while, desperate to get an 'abstract revenge'.   To cry 'racist' completely misses the point -- he wasn't attacking black people from a high level racist point of view (ie, 'they're not intelligent' or whatever), he went out looking for a proxy of the attacker.  Perhaps we do need to have discussions about how we look at 'differentness' (or whatever) and how this sort of incident can occur and how it might be defused in our own minds...  But we won't, because his response has been bundled up into the lazy 'white people hate black people' and now there's no lesson to be learnt other than 'never, ever say that you've done anything with a racial element'.

[* sure, it was the girl that was raped and he was just this guy.  This underplays the 'protective' aspect of the male in society, which is also deeply formed.  To say 'the guy wasn't even the one that was raped' completely fails to understand our hard-coded gender roles]

I'm surprised he wasn't astute enough to know that he would get a load of shit for it.

Or maybe he's rich enough and feels enough contempt for SJW types that he honestly doesn't give a fuck if they try and ostracize him. He made an anti-SJW comment fairly recently regarding metoo type hysteria IIRC.

As far as I'm concerned he was being honest; and the way he felt would be how many if not most people would feel.

53 minutes ago, dgul said:

I think the Neeson story very interesting.  There is a humanity in it -- the guy has an emotional response to an incident*, where he goes into a primal state for a short while, desperate to get an 'abstract revenge'.   To cry 'racist' completely misses the point -- he wasn't attacking black people from a high level racist point of view (ie, 'they're not intelligent' or whatever), he went out looking for a proxy of the attacker.  Perhaps we do need to have discussions about how we look at 'differentness' (or whatever) and how this sort of incident can occur and how it might be defused in our own minds...  But we won't, because his response has been bundled up into the lazy 'white people hate black people' and now there's no lesson to be learnt other than 'never, ever say that you've done anything with a racial element'.

[* sure, it was the girl that was raped and he was just this guy.  This underplays the 'protective' aspect of the male in society, which is also deeply formed.  To say 'the guy wasn't even the one that was raped' completely fails to understand our hard-coded gender roles]

I think you are thinking too deeply about it. More likely it's a load of crap and just another Hollywood tooth on a cog in the machinery of white male deconstruction. 

I see the So-Called BBC have rolled out serial white-basher John Barnes. He's raised his head out of his biscuit tin just long enough to lecture us on our systemic thought racism.

Cunt.

33 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm surprised he wasn't astute enough to know that he would get a load of shit for it.

Or maybe he's rich enough and feels enough contempt for SJW types that he honestly doesn't give a fuck if they try and ostracize him. He made an anti-SJW comment fairly recently regarding metoo type hysteria IIRC.

As far as I'm concerned he was being honest; and the way he felt would be how many if not most people would feel.

I think he's using his influence to steer the discourse in the right direction - talk openly and without shame about the things that have been considered beyond the pale for too long.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

Perhaps we do need to have discussions about how we look at 'differentness' (or whatever) and how this sort of incident can occur and how it might be defused in our own minds...  But we won't, because his response has been bundled up into the lazy 'white people hate black people' and now there's no lesson to be learnt other than 'never, ever say that you've done anything with a racial element'.

There's plenty of space for free discussion on the internet and places like here to discuss it. For what it's worth, I think the question of abstractness is more significant than the question of difference. We know from Kahneman the mind constantly uses proxies for efficiency, but when the issue is punishment for crime, there's no room for abstraction.

I'd be interested to hear how he thinks would react if, knowing what he does know, the same thing happened again.

The Liam Neeson story shows how evil some white men are; he thought bad things about black people and had visions of killing (more likely injuring) a black man. Not nice but a bad reaction to the rape of someone known to him that he recognised as being bad.

But the luvvies are nothing if not fair in their treatment of white men. Roman Polanski is an old white man much lauded by Hollywood even though he never visits … that drugging and rape of a white 13-year-old girl and subsequent conviction makes it challenging as he does not want to go to jail.

Liam’s career is apparently finished, killed by his own ‘racist thought crime’, however Polanski continues to work with top actors despite the ‘actual crime’ of child rape … lucky for Polanski the 13-year-old was white, I wonder what would have happened if the child had been black?

14 minutes ago, satch said:

The Liam Neeson story shows how evil some white men are; he thought bad things about black people and had visions of killing (more likely injuring) a black man. Not nice but a bad reaction to the rape of someone known to him that he recognised as being bad.

But the luvvies are nothing if not fair in their treatment of white men. Roman Polanski is an old white man much lauded by Hollywood even though he never visits … that drugging and rape of a white 13-year-old girl and subsequent conviction makes it challenging as he does not want to go to jail.

Liam’s career is apparently finished, killed by his own ‘racist thought crime’, however Polanski continues to work with top actors despite the ‘actual crime’ of child rape … lucky for Polanski the 13-year-old was white, I wonder what would have happened if the child had been black?

Polanski is Jewish. That’s why

BBC
" Actor Liam Neeson has denied he is racist, after admitting he once set out to kill an innocent black man "

That's not what I read......... He said he was looking to get approached by a black man who'd "have a go" at him, at which point said man would not be innocent at all........

1 hour ago, darkmarket said:

I'd be interested to hear how he thinks would react if, knowing what he does know, the same thing happened again.

He would publicly flay himself next to a picture of Stephen Lawrence, whilst offering up his wife, daughter and sister for the same treatment.

2 hours ago, GBDamo said:

Because it reinforces the narrative that old white men are inherently bad.

Tedious, I know.

Mixing celebs and current obsessions does not make an item “news”.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 hour ago, Snark said:

BBC
" Actor Liam Neeson has denied he is racist, after admitting he once set out to kill an innocent black man "

That's not what I read......... He said he was looking to get approached by a black man who'd "have a go" at him, at which point said man would not be innocent at all........

thats totaly legal and not much different to going into say a stoke city pub wearing a port vale shirt,its going to provoke a reaction and some one could end up hurt.hell we would often sing no surrender to the irish on race days in uttoxeter,it didnt go down well every time.

3 hours ago, dgul said:

How  was he going to find a rapist of women without dressing as a woman and having a badge saying 'rape me'?

58 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

He would publicly flay himself next to a picture of Stephen Lawrence, whilst offering up his wife, daughter and sister for the same treatment.

Well he seems to be saying that he realises killing a random black man wouldn't have venged the crime, but it's not obvious whether that's enough to change how you feel the next time. Maybe it is.