• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBDamo

Why are male negatives gendered yet Female ones not.

To clarify, the list of negative traits that proportionately more men display are put down to something innately male; toxic masculinity.

Yet when the negative trait is proportionately displayed by more women it's a "battle we all have to fight"

Not a new thing but the recent news pieces regarding disposable fashion have been boiling my piss this morning.

Some plumby mouthed twenty something girl on R4 this morning banging on about how we all have to "own this issue" to save the planet.

Basically silly little insecure girls don't want to be seen wearing the same frock twice for fear of triggering their pathetic Cinderella complex.

I LITERALLY know of no man who has EVER bought a piece of clothing and wore it only once, even if it was a fashion faux pas he'd try to front it up with a second outing.

Even wedding suits get wheeled out for funerals and interviews.

Girls; grow the fuck up and own your own shit, preferably for longer than 24 hours.

.....breath.

1 hour ago, GBDamo said:

To clarify, the list of negative traits that proportionately more men display are put down to something innately male; toxic masculinity.

Yet when the negative trait is proportionately displayed by more women it's a "battle we all have to fight"

Not a new thing but the recent news pieces regarding disposable fashion have been boiling my piss this morning.

Some plumby mouthed twenty something girl on R4 this morning banging on about how we all have to "own this issue" to save the planet.

Basically silly little insecure girls don't want to be seen wearing the same frock twice for fear of triggering their pathetic Cinderella complex.

I LITERALLY know of no man who has EVER bought a piece of clothing and wore it only once, even if it was a fashion faux pas he'd try to front it up with a second outing.

Even wedding suits get wheeled out for funerals and interviews.

Girls; grow the fuck up and own your own shit, preferably for longer than 24 hours.

.....breath.

At my Nan's funeral my grandad told me that he was wearing the suit that he'd worn to my parents wedding. I think we buried him in it about 15 years later.

xD

55 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

At my Nan's funeral my grandad told me that he was wearing the suit that he'd worn to my parents wedding. I think we buried him in it about 15 years later.

xD

I would have approved until you got to bit about sending perfectly serviceable cloths to landfill.:PissedOff:

All those middle class twats who go on about 'saving the planet' should just be told that if they genuinely believed in all they spout, they would kill themselves in order that Gaia might live. ]

Even living as a total off grid vegan crustie is not enough - in fact it is just as bad because if we all did that, there would be far more pollution from everyone cutting down trees and burning them on fires to keep warm.

So is this woman saying that we all need to "own the issue" that some women don't like wearing the same thing twice? What the fuck am I supposed to do about it, pick their discarded dresses out of the rubbish bin and wear them to work?

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

All those middle class twats who go on about 'saving the planet' should just be told that if they genuinely believed in all they spout, they would kill themselves in order that Gaia might live. ]

Even living as a total off grid vegan crustie is not enough - in fact it is just as bad because if we all did that, there would be far more pollution from everyone cutting down trees and burning them on fires to keep warm.

Silly boy, it's not about doing something, it's about sounding right on whilst expecting others to do something.

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

The irony being that most men wouldn't notice if their female partner had worn the same thing on a previous occasion. 

"Is that a new dress?"

"&^$&^$((*!!!!!!"

It's not about what the partner notices, it's about what her girlfriends notice.

4 hours ago, GBDamo said:

My dad realised quite near the end that he may as well wear his 'best' clothes now.

3 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

You could have waited for him to die first !