• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Abortion at 9 months WTF???

Its strange how at some point, with zero debate, the whole 'when is a foetus a human' went from primarily a question of viability, and secondarily 'wahmens rights' to primarily and solely 'wahmens rights' any other concerns be damned.

Certainly, when we discussed the issue in GCSE R.E. & humanities classes (not a million years ago, late 90s...im sure some of my teachers were feminists to boot), thats how it was taught. It was generally accepted as time went on the term limit would be reduced, as medical technology improved, allowing the foetus to survive earlier and earlier. 

Just another area where a dogmatic narrative has taken hold. The banshee's shriek blue murder if anyone disagrees with them, and a debate is never had. 

Edited by PatronizingGit

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

>:( :PissedOff:

I'm definitely not a pro-lifer, I regard first-trimester abortion as an essential control to prevent idiots from having babies when it would be bad for them, the child and everyone else. But that's fucking sick. What's the next step - allowing the kid to be taken away from the infant school and murdered because the mother thinks she can't cope? 

Wimmin are flawed humans like everyone, NOT sacred creatures that every other form of life must revolve around, wtf is in the heads of these feminist lefty morons?

I think it was the Romans that allowed infanticide up to the age of three. Brothels had burial pits for the unwanted babies that resulted from the profession. 

The Christians at the time were against infanticide and used to rescue and care for babies that were left outside to die. The Romans aren't around anymore.

2 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Its strange how at some point, with zero debate, the whole 'when is a foetus a human' went from primarily a question of viability, and secondarily 'wahmens rights' to primarily and solely 'wahmens rights' any other concerns be damned.

Certainly, when we discussed the issue in GCSE R.E. & humanities classes (not a million years ago, late 90s...im sure some of my teachers were feminists to boot), thats how it was taught. It was generally accepted as time went on the term limit would be reduced, as medical technology improved, allowing the foetus to survive earlier and earlier. 

Just another area where a dogmatic narrative has taken hold. The banshee's shriek blue murder if anyone disagrees with them, and a debate is never had. 

I always thought it was a question of viability. Which, I think was 20 odd weeks?  4/6?  

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I always thought it was a question of viability. Which, I think was 20 odd weeks?  4/6?  

I guess I'm talking about the UK, this being the US.

As seems typical of the US, i recall reading somewhere Roe Vs Wade, as seems typically cyptic case law in the US, it didnt actually establish any term limits, rather just said abortion is allowable. 

With this, and the many other examples of lunacy we see in the world, I wonder if we're watching one great political Aikido move going on, whereby the radical  'progressive' left  ( and others ) are being encouraged to throw all their weight into a reckless, over-reaching attack, only for the rest of society to step to one side, apply a little guiding force and send them crashing face first into the ground.

Edited by MvR

46 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I think it was the Romans that allowed infanticide up to the age of three. Brothels had burial pits for the unwanted babies that resulted from the profession. 

The Christians at the time were against infanticide and used to rescue and care for babies that were left outside to die. The Romans aren't around anymore.

I didn't know that. Had a look around and found this :-

"in ancient Rome, babies weren’t considered fully human upon birth, Mays said. Instead, they gained humanity over time, first with their naming a few days after birth, and later when they cut teeth and could eat solid food."

Having been involved in the raising of 2 adolescents already, and soon another, my own view is that they gain humanity up to the age of about 13, followed by it's loss for a minimum of 5 years, sometimes permanent. 

Perhaps adolescenticide should be permitted. :P

1 hour ago, MvR said:

With this, and the many other examples of lunacy we see in the world, I wonder if we're watching one great political Aikido move going on, whereby the radical  'progressive' left  ( and others ) are being encouraged to throw all their weight into a reckless, over-reaching attack, only for the rest of society to step to one side, apply a little guiding force and send them crashing face first into the ground.

It'll be the nonces that bring them down. Sooner or later these fuckers will get themselves twisted trying to protect kiddie fiddlers and we end up electing people willing to drag them all out and shoot the lot of them. 

This truly evil, and as always it is the progressives which are pushing it. 

Not sure I am on the Q Train but he was right these people are evil and will one day I hope not be able to walk the streets. 

44 minutes ago, snaga said:

if that wasn't sickening enough, reports that planned parenthood keep the babies alive to harvest their organs.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/19/planned-parenthood-kept-aborted-babies-alive-to-ha/

There's a video of ex-techcian Holly O'Donnell describing what she was expected to do in connection with this.

Edited by DocH

1 hour ago, snaga said:

if that wasn't sickening enough, reports that planned parenthood keep the babies alive to harvest their organs.

I don't think even Hitler went that far.

A doctor who carried out an abortion in Nazi Germany faced the death penalty.  Just saying