• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Rachel @ 50

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6687485/Brad-Pitt-makes-appearance-ex-wife-Jennifer-Anistons-50th-birthday-celebration.html

I saw that she was on a lot of middle aged womens mags. I wondered why. Now i know.

Hats off to her, as shes been dragging out on her stardom n mag covers for 23 years. Moving from Tv mags, to young women, to middle aged wimmin.  Another 15 and shell be on cover of peoples friends.

Im surprised shes still sane. Maybe she isnt.

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6687485/Brad-Pitt-makes-appearance-ex-wife-Jennifer-Anistons-50th-birthday-celebration.html

I saw that she was on a lot of middle aged womens mags. I wondered why. Now i know.

Hats off to her, as shes been dragging out on her stardom n mag covers for 23 years. Moving from Tv mags, to young women, to middle aged wimmin.  Another 15 and shell be on cover of peoples friends.

She's the classic role model that appeals to women who have fucked up their hopes for a partner into old age. "Jen looks so gorgeous and she can't find a man!  She's just like me!  I am not a failure"

5 minutes ago, Errol said:

She looks 90% less attractive than she looked in early 20s in Friends.

This is the standard response to use to any woman who says "doesn't ABC luvvie look awesome at 50/60" : "Yes, but no where near as good looking as she was at 22".

Cuts straight to reality.

I genuinely think it must be an awful existence being a media whore like the Kardashians, Reality TV stars or said Jennifer.

You are selling little pieces of your soul every time.

When Kenneth Williams' acting career dried up he spent the late 70s and 80s going onto chat shows.

He described the experience as being hollowed out; eating himself up until there was nothing left.

And this was a man in his sixties with a full career behind him.

Imagine the effect upon your mental health if you have been making your whole life public property for cash since you were in your twenties.

Death on a stick.

51 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The actress who played the kooky one - Phoebe - in Friends once said that Aniston was more like Phoebe than she is.

In a way I sorta feel sorry for JA as I am convinced that most men she meets just want to bonk Rachel rather than JA. Careewise she has done very well financially but seems to be a disaster when it comes to relationships. I notice that in her films when she tries to be sexy - to the point of prancing around in lingerie - she is not, for me anyway, sexy in any way whatsoever. Such a disappointment.

I suspect she would find more real happiness with a lumberjack, fire fighter or some ordinary decent guy rather than with a Hollywood type... but the allure of dating these rich leading men must be very alluring. I can't help feeling that, despite all her wealth, that there is a bit of hypergamy going on there.

28 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I genuinely think it must be an awful existence being a media whore like the Kardashians, Reality TV stars or said Jennifer.

When Kenneth Williams' acting career dried up he spent the late 70s and 80s going onto chat shows.

He described the experience as being hollowed out; eating himself up until there was nothing left.

Imagine the effect upon your mental health if you have been making your whole life public property for cash since you were in your twenties.

Death on a stick.

He said he made fuck all from the Carry Ons.

Hes on record saying his most lucrative work was the gas ad, which turned into Willo the wisp.

I bought the willo dvd my kids loved it. And the trapdoor one.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Hes on record saying his most lucrative work was the gas ad, which turned into Willo the wisp.

He said the money for hosting the ? Palladium show on TV was ridiculously high.

The Carry On stars were offered a percentage in the early films but turned it down preferring the certainty of a fee given it was an unproven format.

When it became a success the option of a percentage was withdrawn; it was their fault for not taking the gamble and having faith in the idea.

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Death on a stick.

None of their real life is really public property all that stuff down the Daily Mail sidebar is just made up by publicists for consumption by the masses, for them it's just another acting job. A lot are in long term stable relationships with their managers/agents or industry executives types but no-one's interested in that because real celebrity gossip would be too prosaic.

It's presented as being the case celebrities can only date other celebrities because only they understand the pressure of fame but it doesn't stand up to any rational real life examination. Paramedics don't only date paramedics, for example.

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Charles Hawtrey retired modestly to Deal where he had a habit of picking up young sailors from bars. Unfortunately, he also had a habit of smoking and left a lit cigarette on the sofa whilst he and a young man had retired to the bedroom and was mortified to have to be rescued by the fire brigade without any clothes, including his toupee. I seem to think he was fireman's lifted down the ladder in true Carry On style.

fire2.JPG

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

He said the money for hosting the ? Palladium show on TV was ridiculously high.

The Carry On stars were offered a percentage in the early films but turned it down preferring the certainty of a fee given it was an unproven format.

When it became a success the option of a percentage was withdrawn; it was their fault for not taking the gamble and having faith in the idea.

When Jerry Lewis opened a cinema in Corby, for promotion, the cast of the Carry On movies were paid to sit in the audience with the public whilst the flims were played continuously. I would guess they were in pretty dire need of the money to agree to that even then.

41 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The actress who played the kooky one - Phoebe - in Friends once said that Aniston was more like Phoebe than she is.

In a way I sorta feel sorry for JA as I am convinced that most men she meets just want to bonk Rachel rather than JA. Careewise she has done very well financially but seems to be a disaster when it comes to relationships. I notice that in her films when she tries to be sexy - to the point of prancing around in lingerie - she is not, for me anyway, sexy in any way whatsoever. Such a disappointment.

I suspect she would find more real happiness with a lumberjack, fire fighter or some ordinary decent guy rather than with a Hollywood type... but the allure of dating these rich leading men must be very alluring. I can't help feeling that, despite all her wealth, that there is a bit of hypergamy going on there.

Isn't hypergamy always there in the background TMT, that is my understanding from what I have read, I may be wrong but I thought for the vast majority of women it is there to a greater or lesser degree in the background

6 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

Isn't hypergamy always there in the background TMT, that is my understanding from what I have read, I may be wrong but I thought for the vast majority of women it is there to a greater or lesser degree in the background

Yep, I think so. I wish someone had told me about it when I was 15.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

Yep, I think so. I wish someone had told me about it when I was 15.

Yeah.  The next generation of men are going to be very, very different to all previous generations in how they see through the lies of women.  That sounds harsh - and I know there are lots of fantastic women out there - but men have been deer in the headlights to women for at least 60 years now.

5 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

I was randomly watching Karl Pilkingtons Moaning of life on Picktv.

The episode was about Marriage.

For whatever reason hed gone to India and some researcher had arranged a family with an unmarried daughter to take him thru the family interview routine.

Anyhow, both sides start light heartedly discussing terms. Karl was being his normal idiot savant, replying to questions from them. Then it came to wealth and stuff, and he blunders on saying oh, i own a 5 bedroom house in london, outright, no mortgage, all paid.

Then the parents and daughter's attitude changed. Rather than playing along, both daughter and parent, totally unsync, started treating the moron as a prime candidate. They were actually starting to horse trade as they realised the chimp faced idiot was worth a fortune.

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

For whatever reason hed gone to India and some researcher had arranged a family with an unmarried daughter to take him thru the family interview routine.

Anyhow, both sides start light heartedly discussing terms. Karl was being his normal idiot savant, replying to questions from them. Then it came to wealth and stuff, and he blunders on saying oh, i own a 5 bedroom house in london, outright, no mortgage, all paid.

Then the parents and daughter's attitude changed. Rather than playing along, both daughter and parent, totally unsync, started treating the moron as a prime candidate. They were actually starting to horse trade as they realised the chimp faced idiot was worth a fortune.

And I have no problem with that at all from an Indian family.  Failure to secure economic assets for your daughter means your grandchildren could well starve to death in a ditch outside Mumbai.

53 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I spat out my fucking tea laughing

27 minutes ago, wherebee said:

And I have no problem with that at all from an Indian family.  Failure to secure economic assets for your daughter means your grandchildren could well starve to death in a ditch outside Mumbai. Bradford 

FIFY. :)

Me and a mate agreed that even though the media pushed her on us as the epitome of beauty, that Aniston never did anything for us.

Shes IMHO an ok looking woman who's just taken far far better care of herself than most women do, and also has the best makeup hair and clothes money can buy. Perhaps some tastefully done surgery too.

Edited by JoeDavola

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Me and a mate agreed that even though the media pushed her on us as the epitome of beauty, that Aniston never did anything for us.

Shes IMHO an ok looking woman who's just taken far far better care of herself than most women do, and also has the best makeup hair and clothes money can buy.

I always found Phoebe the one who turned my key.  The other two were strictly tissue.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Shes IMHO an ok looking woman who's just taken far far better care of herself than most women do, and also has the best makeup hair and clothes money can buy.

And nipples.

screen_shot_2017-08-14_at_12.40.16.png?i