• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Geldof accused of tax “avoidance “. It couldn’t happen to a nicer man

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6688061/Bob-Geldof-embroiled-claims-2011-album-flop-funded-tax-avoidance-scheme.html

xD  wonderful. 

Sir Bob Geldof has found himself at the centre of claims over tax avoidance and fraud in the funding of his 2011 solo album.

How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell was neither a commercial or professional success for The Boomtown Rats frontman, having made it to only 89th place in the charts after it was released in February 2011.

Now the album could also spell a legal disaster for Geldof, after an investor who helped pay for the album said the 67-year-old Irish-born musician had  'misrepresented' how much money was needed and presented invoices that suggested 'five times more costs than were needed'.

4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Smash Hits wasn’t sure about him in the eighties and had to ask the readers - it’s like the essence of eighties, or something, that issue ‘Adrian Mole, A-HA, Samantha Fox and Tears For Fears’

befd997e9e7bc653cea9df76cf3269a2--bob-ge

hmm, maybe the 80's werent as good as i remember, perhaps my rose tinted glasses are contaminated.

On 10/02/2019 at 21:45, One percent said:

Now the album could also spell a legal disaster for Geldof, after an investor who helped pay for the album said the 67-year-old Irish-born musician had  'misrepresented' how much money was needed and presented invoices that suggested 'five times more costs than were needed

That sounds more like The Producers to me: take in more money than it needs and then keep it because it makes no money.

And he was safe because a Bob Geldof album is always going to be a lot less popular than a musical about Hitler.

7 hours ago, leonardratso said:

hmm, maybe the 80's werent as good as i remember, perhaps my rose tinted glasses are contaminated.

You filter the crap.

Ive been watchhing Top ofthe pops ... 1984+

90% is dire.

When looking back, its more about the fun you had with big boobed 16yo and getting pissed and not working and not paying tax.

58 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That sounds more like The Producers to me: take in more money than it needs and then keep it because it makes no money.

And he was safe because a Bob Geldof album is always going to be a lot less popular than a musical about Hitler.

SOunds like those film investments creatign a tax liability.

Obviousl Geldoff is the go to man for a shit album.

32 minutes ago, Malthus said:

As accusations are clear proof of guilt these days can saint Bob’s knighthood be withdrawn ASAP ? 

I wonder if King Arthur's knights of the round table were really just a selection of dodgy spivs and chancers.

Has anybody here actually met him? Most "musicians" of that era are doing crappy tours or nostalgia gigs. Whereas he appears to move in very different circles. He seems to have become some kind of establishment fixer/facilitator operating at quite a high level.

3 minutes ago, eight said:

Has anybody here actually met him? Most "musicians" of that era are doing crappy tours or nostalgia gigs. Whereas he appears to move in very different circles. He seems to have become some kind of establishment fixer/facilitator operating at quite a high level.

I don't really like discussing these types of things too much on here because the natives don't really like it but I would definitely agree with that assessment and add pretty much the highest level. Peter Gabriel is another unexpectedly well connected rocker.