• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Project fear over

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/02/12/mark-carney-brexit-acid-test-new-era-democracy-free-trade/

Britain could lead the world into a new era of democracy and free trade, using the Brexit revolt against the establishment as a springboard to making the global order more cooperative, accountable and prosperous, according to the Governor of the Bank of England.

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/02/12/mark-carney-brexit-acid-test-new-era-democracy-free-trade/

Britain could lead the world into a new era of democracy and free trade, using the Brexit revolt against the establishment as a springboard to making the global order more cooperative, accountable and prosperous, according to the Governor of the Bank of England.

Anyone own the domain names

#rejoin or #peoplesvotetorejoin or

#wedidntmeanit etc 

Only be a matter of time 👍

17 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

who gave him permssion to say this?

If he can flip (U turn) that easily on Brexit then he can flip just as easily on interest rates - and anything else for that matter.  Plain opportunism and go-with-the-flowism.  Something that is totally against the original justification for giving the BoE independence.

For once he's correct though - apart from the global order bit.

Edited by twocents

1 minute ago, twocents said:

If he can flip (U turn) that easily on Brexit then he can flip just as easily on interest rates - and anything else for that matter.  Plain opportunism and go-with-the-flowism.  Something that is totally against the original justification for giving the BoE independence.

For once he's correct though - apart from the global order bit.

Fake independence or not he is still the government orifice for the markets so maybe he has been tasked with taming the horses for @201p's prediction.

19 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Fake independence or not he is still the government orifice for the markets so maybe he has been tasked with taming the horses for @201p's prediction.

For sure he will be tasked with that as a matter of expediency but altruistic, principled and disciplined it isn't.

But according to the So-Called BBC, he is against no deal and wants MPs to sort it out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47209266

Bank of England governor Mark Carney has urged MPs to solve the Brexit impasse in a speech warning of growing threats to the global economy. 

He said a no-deal Brexit would create an "economic shock" at a time when China's economy is slowing and trade tensions are rising.

"It is in the interests of everyone, arguably everywhere" that a Brexit solution is found, he said.

Edited by Wheeler

5 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

But according to the So-Called BBC, he is against no deal and wants MPs to sort it out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47209266

Bank of England governor Mark Carney has urged MPs to solve the Brexit impasse in a speech warning of growing threats to the global economy. 

He said a no-deal Brexit would create an "economic shock" at a time when China's economy is slowing and trade tensions are rising.

"It is in the interests of everyone, arguably everywhere" that a Brexit solution is found, he said.

For goodness sake just print some more money off.  Dole out some more money to the banks and Bob's your uncle.

1 minute ago, twocents said:

For goodness sake just print some more money off.  Dole out some more money to the banks and Bob's your uncle.

I predict he will be vigilant and keep interest rates where they are now.

So he's spent more than 2 years pushing project fear, and he's going to spend less than 2 months promoting Bexit as a springboard to a brighter future? Why does this not inspire confidence in his motives or his competence? O.o 

1 hour ago, 201p said:

^The people paying his wages! Too late to turn back now.

It's time to get together and make Brexit work!

I think carney, Bank of England, politicians, corporations etc know that a global recession is highly likely.

IMO his let’s make brexit work for a new era wibble is just positioning to ultimately blame brexit voters when the major down turn arrives.

Well, we tried to make it work but those ignorant people voting for brexit have screwed it all up.

Feast your eyes on this, Dosbodders!

I stumbled upon a quote made by Fat Herman, during WWII which I wanted to share. And I think this is possibly the best place for it bearing in mind what's going on.

Hermann Göring was Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe, President of the Reichstag, Prime Minister of Prussia and Hitler's designated successor.

Apparently, he often chastised German aircraft manufacturers and, at one address, he commented, "In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set – then at least I'll own something that has always worked!"

Source: https://www.baesystems.com/en/heritage/de-havilland-mosquito

Did he realise all those years ago he had penned a Brexit rallying cry for the UK?

Makes me sad to think what Britain has become.

But there's still hope.

18 minutes ago, Gordie Lastchance said:

Good find. It seems everybody in the world loves the UK, it's history and achievements... apart from the fuckers running the UK! Bastards.

Civil servants have naturally been grumbling about having to do slightly more work than usual as they prepare for Brexit. Luckily for those working in the Department of Health, they’ve just been issued with a “Toolkit for staff during EU Exit” on “Change management and resilience” to help them “understand the impact which change and uncertainty is having on the way you feel”. Seriously…

The toolkit begins by setting out the Department’s “values and behaviours” as a “Great [sic] Department of State”. Staff are then reassured that it’s “natural” for them to be going through the classic five stages of grief over Brexit. They are literally plotted on a graph – rebranded here as a “change curve”…

dhsc1.png?resize=540%2C298&ssl=1

FFS! :- https://order-order.com/2019/02/11/civil-servants-receive-resilience-toolkit-help-cope-brexit-grief/

10 hours ago, Gordie Lastchance said:

Feast your eyes on this, Dosbodders!

I stumbled upon a quote made by Fat Herman, during WWII which I wanted to share. And I think this is possibly the best place for it bearing in mind what's going on.

Hermann Göring was Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe, President of the Reichstag, Prime Minister of Prussia and Hitler's designated successor.

Apparently, he often chastised German aircraft manufacturers and, at one address, he commented, "In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set – then at least I'll own something that has always worked!"

Source: https://www.baesystems.com/en/heritage/de-havilland-mosquito

Did he realise all those years ago he had penned a Brexit rallying cry for the UK?

But there's still hope.

" nincompoop " - what a fab word, not one you often hear used these days. Time to bring it back into modern use!

On 12/02/2019 at 19:17, Calcutta said:

I'm still waiting for the third world war we were promised.

Well it was fogy yesterday morning i was wondering if the sky had really fallen in 

11 hours ago, null; said:

" nincompoop " - what a fab word, not one you often hear used these days. Time to bring it back into modern use!

It`s up there with buffoon and drongo 

Remembered: The fifty urns of those murdered by the Nazis after the Great Escape were transferred to the British military cemetery at Poznan after the war.  Seen here are the graves of Flight Lieutenant Gordon Brettell, Squadron Leader Roger Bushell and Squadron Leader James Catanach

After last night posting the Goring quote, I found this photo tonight. I'm not sure what you call it - synchronicity?

The picture is part of an online article in today's Daily Mail about a new book featuring The Great Escape. Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6700415/How-managed-Great-Escape-Nazi-POW-camp-1944.html

Again, I thought the image relevant to this thread.

Why?

Look closely at the date on the headstones of three men murdered on Hitler's orders after escaping from Stalag Luft III.

Let it sink in.

Their battle was ended. We're still fighting ours.

And we all know what we're fighting against.