• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

Dodgy domains

Following on from elsewhere, what is the best .co.uk domain you can find that hasn't yet been registered?

No prize, but upvotes for the most creative.

I will kick off by being very surprised that feckme.co.uk is still available.

For those that want to play, www.123reg.co.uk is as good as any for searching.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

What about freckme.co.uk?

Is that some perversion I am not yet aware of?

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What about freckme.co.uk?

But you can have frackoff.co.uk if that helps.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

Is that some perversion I am not yet aware of?

Freck is used as a swear word in the US show 'Scrubs'.

Frak is used as a swear word in the US show 'Battlestar Galatica'. I see that someone has the .com version registered but blank.

6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Following on from elsewhere, what is the best .co.uk domain you can find that hasn't yet been registered?

No prize, but upvotes for the most creative.

I will kick off by being very surprised that feckme.co.uk is still available.

For those that want to play, www.123reg.co.uk is as good as any for searching.

No charge for nicking my idea @Wight Flight 😀😀

haven’t checked but 

grannygrease.co.uk must me free 

might go well with 

drunkerhasusoverabarrell.com

5 minutes ago, Malthus said:

No charge for nicking my idea @Wight Flight 😀😀

haven’t checked but 

grannygrease.co.uk must me free 

might go well with 

drunkerhasusoverabarrell.com

You didn't register it. All's fair etc...

Shame that wankbank.co.uk has been taken. I had a business idea there...

But yes, grannygrease.co.uk is available. Perhaps @spunko should reserve it as a backup plan?

Edited by Wight Flight

I follow this quite closely. Domain name prices are a bit like what's to come with house prices. Check www.domainlore.uk to see what I mean, most of these domains would have had crazy asking prices a few years ago that never got sold and people just sat on them for years hoping for a bumper payday that would never come. Reality has set in, and now canine.co.uk is £100 not £50,000 "or near offer".

Just now, spunko said:

I follow this quite closely. Domain name prices are a bit like what's to come with house prices. Check www.domainlore.uk to see what I mean, most of these domains would have had crazy asking prices a few years ago that never got sold and people just sat on them for years hoping for a bumper payday that would never come. Reality has set in, and now canine.co.uk is £100 not £50,000 "or near offer".

But how much is dogging.co.uk worth? 

34 minutes ago, spunko said:

I like domains,because they are unique. I own about 30 but not as an investment. 

I am glad that I aquired the domains for all our family names. It means that, no matter what, lapsed friends can always find us. I am sure some will disagree with me.

Well, well

Yellow-Vests.co.uk and YellowVests.co.uk have both been taken

Now, are they bought by people or parked by TPTB :ph34r:

Edited by Hopeful

11 hours ago, spunko said:

I like to play games with people emailing me about my domains (or variants of), this was a recent one...

Hi,

My client owns ********** While seeking out potential buyers for this domain name your company came up as a potential suitor for it.

I am reaching out to a number of companies who might have an interest in buying *********
and I would appreciate if you would let me know if you would like to discuss it further.

My client uses Sedo.com to transact, and I am happy to guide you through the transfer process to ensure the domain name is in your possession.
Kind Regards,

David William
Domain Name Broker

Hi David

We have had an internal discussion here at ********

We are willing to offer £2.15p for the domain name, is this acceptable?

Regards

Hi,

Sorry actually the price of ********. is $499 but we are giving a huge discount to our potential buyer so the current price is only $299. Here is the just click the lick below and its all yours:-

Kind Regards,

David William

----------------------------------------

OK I'll go to £3.45
-------------------------------------------

Thank you for offer but our last price is $250.

Kind Regards,

David William
---------------------------------------------

Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Seeing as you keep emailing me it suggests you don't have a string of buyers lined up, so I'm willing to pay £3.45

Let me know how you want the money

-----------------------------------------------------

Another one which went in a similar fashion end with this.....

Hi James

Thanks for your email ,I've been contacted in the past about purchasing the domain.

As I'm sure you will know, given that you have obviously done your market research, ****-**** is the No.1 ************ site on the web, ranks first in Google for pretty much everything related to ***********. If you type in ******** to a Google search bar you will see that even Google knows how great our domain is because it says "Did you mean *****-*****.com" and not your variant. The domain *******.com link is relegated to third place behind... yeah you guest it ****-****.com (with sub headings) and our excellent ******** page.

So as I said in the previous emails our offer is £2.15p for the domain name.

Regards

@gilf if the asking price is $499 then they'll very likely sell it for $100. I've been offering on domains lately that I liked the look of. The conversation was as follows:

Me: How much are you looking for, to sell this domain?

Them: $2000

Me: Can you please justify why it's so high? I can't see why it'd be worth more than $150 because of XYZ reasons.

Them: OK let's meet half way at $1000.

Me: Sorry, I can only offer $150 for the reasons I set out before.

Them: OK I'll sell it for $150.

9 minutes ago, spunko said:

@gilf if the asking price is $499 then they'll very likely sell it for $100. I've been offering on domains lately that I liked the look of. The conversation was as follows:

Me: How much are you looking for, to sell this domain?

Them: $2000

Me: Can you please justify why it's so high? I can't see why it'd be worth more than $150 because of XYZ reasons.

Them: OK let's meet half way at $1000.

Me: Sorry, I can only offer $150 for the reasons I set out before.

Them: OK I'll sell it for $150.

I agree, I just don't want them. If they came back and agreed to the £2.45 I might have given it consideration :)

My domain is something along the lines of motorbike-reviews.com and they are offering motorbikreviews.com, I get a lot of traffic organically from google so I doubt 95% of the people who visit even register what the domain is. I don't make money from the site, so it's no major issue to me who visits it, I enjoyed building it and occasionally add new content but it's no more than that.