• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SpectrumFX

Barbarians at the gates

One of Oxford University's oldest degrees is to be overhauled in bid to boost number of female students getting top grades.

Classics dons who marked last year's exam papers said the gender gap is “very troubling”, adding that it must be addressed as a matter of "urgency".

It's the end of the (classical) world as we know it.

xD

Don’t worry, we are at end days of civilisation in so many ways. Going the same way os the Roman Empire and other great civilisations. None have stood the test of time, why would ours be any different?  

It really is like the end of the Roman Empire! The weak-minded and intellectually lost have become too powerful. The classics are meant to be hard... cultures finding their way; thinking formed. Not everything can be measured by today's jaundiced and cucked way of thinking.

Edited by Alonso Quijano

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Don’t worry, we are at end days of civilisation in so many ways. Going the same way os the Roman Empire and other great civilisations. None have stood the test of time, why would ours be any different?  

Problem is we aren't a great civilisation are we? What we got to show for it. A few shitty tower blocks that catch fire easily. 

11 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Problem is we aren't a great civilisation are we? What we got to show for it. A few shitty tower blocks that catch fire easily. 

Modern Western civalization has been the past 200 years, I'd say since the beginning of the industrial revolution 1760ish?

not a bad run impo.

Edited by snaga

I think we're worse off than the Romans.  Or even the Soviets.  They didn't really have to put up with population replacement featuring third world groomers, did they?  The Meds and the Slavs took it on the chin, endured the hangover and that was that.  We're fucking terminally ill.

5 hours ago, One percent said:

Well, we have nukes and other huge bombs. Absolutely no reason why we have not destroyed our enemy rather than inviting them in.

13 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

I think we're worse off than the Romans.  Or even the Soviets.  They didn't really have to put up with population replacement featuring third world groomers, did they?  The Meds and the Slavs took it on the chin, endured the hangover and that was that.  We're fucking terminally ill.

IIRC the Romans had a programme of population replacement in a somewhat similar way to that of western Europe today. They relied more and more on immigrant workers and non-Roman military auxiliaries etc.

Just now, Austin Allegro said:

IIRC the Romans had a programme of population replacement in a somewhat similar way to that of western Europe today. They relied more and more on immigrant workers and non-Roman military auxiliaries etc.

There is a train of research that seems to show the ancient greeks and romans were actually nothing like the swarthy wops now living there.  They were taller, blonde and red hair.

sound familiar?

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

Ditto for Greek cities like Sparta.

1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

We were astonishingly great; in the 17th and 18th centuries Britain ruled the world. 

Then got rich and bored in the 19th century and started on the craze to "do good" which then steadily dismantled what had built the empire before inevitably just giving it away.

For this in microcosm I give you the Marquesses of Bute previously Earls of Bute.

A powerful family who had a Prime Minister and many politically active members and the Second Marquess of Bute basically created modern Cardiff to serve as docks for the family coalfields making him probbaly the richest main in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Crichton-Stuart,_2nd_Marquess_of_Bute

He died in 1848 and was succeeded by the third marquess.  Who then came with a multitude of ways of pissing it all away including building fancy new houses so that he was known as "Philanthropist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Crichton-Stuart,_3rd_Marquess_of_Bute

The fourth was the same.

The fifth went for ornithology.

And the sixth (died 1993) was back on architecture.

So hundreds of years building up power, status and wealth followed by 150 years of doing nothing and giving it away to "good causes".

There is the Empire in one family.

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

There is a train of research that seems to show the ancient greeks and romans were actually nothing like the swarthy wops now living there.  They were taller, blonde and red hair.

sound familiar?

Yes Sulla, the first dictator of Rome who Julius Caesar copied, was blonde but it never received more than a passing mention suggesting that it wasn't unusual at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulla

7 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

One of Oxford University's oldest degrees is to be overhauled in bid to boost number of female students getting top grades.

Classics dons who marked last year's exam papers said the gender gap is “very troubling”, adding that it must be addressed as a matter of "urgency".

It's the end of the (classical) world as we know it.

xD

The only Classics graduates I have ever met were women.

The Professor of Classics at Cambridge is Mary Beard who I believe identifies as a woman.

Women tend to dominate  language Departments at Universities.

I am a bit puzzled by this story.

1 minute ago, Virgil Caine said:

The only Classics graduates I have ever met were women.

The Professor of Classics at Cambridge is Mary Beard who I believe identifies as a woman.

Women tend to dominate  language Departments at Universities.

I am a bit puzzled by this story.

The only thing I am puzzled by is academics who don't understand males and female iq curve differences.

5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

The only thing I am puzzled by is academics who don't understand males and female iq curve differences.

Dunno.

The women Classics graduates I knew were pretty sharp IT programmers but then I only got a mediocre pass at Latin O level.

18 minutes ago, wherebee said:

“Greater male variability hypothesis” is considered unhelpful by modern intellectuals.

Wasn't Enoch Powell a professor of classical Greek?

One of only two men to join the army as a private and rise to the rank of brigadier.

9 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Why are white people under represented here then 

https://www.iaaf.org/results/iaaf-world-championships-in-athletics/2017/iaaf-world-championships-london-2017-5151/men/100-metres/final/result

It`s simple because they are shit compared to black people ...it`s fucking nature not fecking discrimination

It’s racist. They should handicap like they do at horse races. Level the playing field and all that 

9 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

It really is like the end of the Roman Empire! The weak-minded and intellectually lost have become too powerful. The classics are meant to be hard... cultures finding their way; thinking formed. Not everything can be measured by today's jaundiced and cucked way of thinking.

It is frightening how quickly we suddenly got to this point in the space of what 30-40 years

6 hours ago, wherebee said:

sound familiar?

Remember what Dennis Hopper said in True Romance

9 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Blame the imported auxiliary and the Roman debasement of silver coins we would not be that daft to do that..,,would we ?