• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

My white family couldn't handle my afro hair – so they cut it short

Exactly.  They adopted a mixed race orphan because they totally hated her and wanted to make her life hell.  the So-Called BBC told me this.

Whereas those of us who are not such generous people, sorry I mean such evil haters, would not consider adoption in the first place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/321b6a52-b4e8-4d22-a69c-68f7b79a998b

Immanuel-Kant-Quotes-24-Ingratitude-Is-T

My Aunt used to cut the local African's hair when she was in Rhodesia.

It was more topiary than coiffuring, as she learnt her talents on my Uncle's privet hedge in Croydon.

There was many a proud African sporting a barnet in the shape of a chicken, which was one of her speciailties.

(Her other speciality was cutting hedges in the shape of giant penises, which frightened horses. She spent a while in Holloway for Indecent Topiary, but her time was not wasted there, she build a model of the Titanic using matchsticks and her own earwax.)

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

My Aunt used to cut the local African's hair when she was in Rhodesia.

It was more topiary than coiffuring, as she learnt her talents on my Uncle's privet hedge in Croydon.

There was many a proud African sporting a barnet in the shape of a chicken, which was one of her speciailties.

(Her other speciality was cutting hedges in the shape of giant penises, which frightened horses. She spent a while in Holloway for Indecent Topiary, but her time was not wasted there, she build a model of the Titanic using matchsticks and her own earwax.)

Have you turned into Pin?

I had a genuinely interesting lecture on African hair from a Kenyan woman I know. She told me that it's actually a nightmare to deal with and the options are broadly:

- Shave it all off and keep is that way - easiest but not a look most women want to go with.

- Grow an Afro and spend literally hours trying to comb it out and keep it tidy looking.

- Grow dreads - real pain to maintain also and a bit problematic if you're trying to look respectable.

- Braids, corn-rows, etc - also a ton of work and expensive 'cause it takes quite a bit of skill to do it right. Also a bit gangsta in the case of corn-rows.

- Straightening chemicals - actually the easiest as the hair is then easy to maintain once treated. Obviously you need to re-do the treatment frequently but far from daily.

She also told me that none of this is any fault of you whiteys in case you were wondering, which gave me a good laugh.

30 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I had a genuinely interesting lecture on African hair from a Kenyan woman I know. She told me that it's actually a nightmare to deal with and the options are broadly:

- Shave it all off and keep is that way - easiest but not a look most women want to go with.

- Grow an Afro and spend literally hours trying to comb it out and keep it tidy looking.

- Grow dreads - real pain to maintain also and a bit problematic if you're trying to look respectable.

- Braids, corn-rows, etc - also a ton of work and expensive 'cause it takes quite a bit of skill to do it right. Also a bit gangsta in the case of corn-rows.

- Straightening chemicals - actually the easiest as the hair is then easy to maintain once treated. Obviously you need to re-do the treatment frequently but far from daily.

She also told me that none of this is any fault of you whiteys in case you were wondering, which gave me a good laugh.

She could get a wig, though that’s not necessarily problem free :

https://nypost.com/2018/09/09/orthodox-jewish-women-slammed-for-wearing-slutty-wigs/

Bit of a fuck up in that article, the woman who didn’t want her surname mentioned has it captioned under her photo!

2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Bit of a fuck up in that article, the woman who didn’t want her surname mentioned has it captioned under her photo!

Different Esther to the one named, Esther Sash. Read the aticle.

Esther Sash comes from Flatbush, which conjures up some interesting hirsute images.

All my black friends wear a stocking type thick hair cap to bed to stop fluff sticking to their hair. Whether this is because of the hair itself or due to covering it in lots of hair gunk I do not know. 

I did ask a few times but I just got laughter in reply so I don't ask now just in case I am racist for dong so.

40 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

All my black friends wear a stocking type thick hair cap to bed to stop fluff sticking to their hair.

You do realise that without the Afro we wouldn’t have Velcro - I’m fed up of pulling fluff from my Velcro wig straps!

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

All my black friends wear a stocking type thick hair cap to bed to stop fluff sticking to their hair. Whether this is because of the hair itself or due to covering it in lots of hair gunk I do not know. 

I did ask a few times but I just got laughter in reply so I don't ask now just in case I am racist for dong so.

I had a brief fling with black woman 15 years ago and a couple times got some gunk in her hair xD

11 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Mrs O is Kenyan, she just has it short with a good wig if she's going on a night out (or if it's cold outside :Old:)

4 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Mrs O is Kenyan, she just has it short with a good wig if she's going on a night out (or if it's cold outside :Old:)

Oh, and the 'gunk' is usually a type of oil (Mrs O uses coconut oil) to stop the hair going brittle and breaking due to the cold weather and lack of sunshine.

She also uses face cream and body lotion/oil as the cold weather affects her skin causing it to 'dry out'

1 hour ago, unregistered_guest said:

No - that's a Matchbox "Hot Wheelz" car in the background strategically placed to make it look bigger.

No, it's small and has a big car to compensate.

10 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Afro hair is handy if you need somewhere to put a pencil.